NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, afgolfman666 said:

Sean McCay left + their offensive line is in shambles + he effectively lost his top 3 weapons in djax , Garçon, and reed .  

This is going to be a brutal game for the Skins. Vikings coming off the bye and the Skins winning the furthest cross country road trip due to travel time.

Can't see Cousins being a QB1 this week.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This is going to be a brutal game for the Skins. Vikings coming off the bye and the Skins winning the furthest cross country road trip due to travel time.

Yea I agree. Eli is on the waivers right now and he plays niners. I like my chances better with that matchup. 

58 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Depends on the oline inactives and actives IMO.  The Vikings defense is elite no doubt, but I think the matchup is easier at home vs the Vikings vs on the road in brutal weather conditions at the Hawks.

If the oline gets their studs back, I think Cousins performs just fine this week.

Just now, chrismikayla said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Captain Kirk ROS? I have Dak as my starter but am concerned about his value without his left tackle and Zeke.

He's my new streaming QB target as a Brees owner. Those matchups the next 3 weeks are excellent.

1 minute ago, chrismikayla said:

You like him next game against the Saints and that defense also?

NO's defense is good, don't get me wrong. All the good QBs that played them have done decent though (Brady, Stafford). 

1 minute ago, Jewelz0376 said:

Well this move backfired on me smh. Eli gave me 21, while Cousins on my bench gave me 35. FML

No matter how good the matchup with Eli, I don't see how you can start him over Cousins.

The Giants are a mess, and ODB is out. 

15 hours ago, FlashGordon401 said:

NO's defense is good, don't get me wrong. All the good QBs that played them have done decent though (Brady, Stafford). 

this. 

high volume guys like Kirk and Brady and Stafford will pressure them - yeah, he'll take a few sacks, maybe turn it over a couple times ... but at the end of the day he'll be 26/44/323/2/1, with some rushing yds to boot. 

key is gonna be the Indigenous Peoples defense keeping the Saints offense off the field ... they had an obscene 41-19 t.o.p. advantage over the Bison yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

No matter how good the matchup with Eli, I don't see how you can start him over Cousins.

The Giants are a mess, and ODB is out. 

Hindsight. Eli had a solid game, so he didn't hurt me at all. I just didn't think Cousins would have a monster game against the Vikings defense like he did. The Vikings is one of the worst fantasy match ups typically in fantasy behind maybe the Jags. 

4 minutes ago, Jewelz0376 said:

Hindsight. Eli had a solid game, so he didn't hurt me at all. I just didn't think Cousins would have a monster game against the Vikings defense like he did. The Vikings is one of the worst fantasy match ups typically in fantasy behind maybe the Jags. 

True, I just wouldn't start Eli in any circumstance this season.

This guy is doing his best for you whatever else, no WRs, no run game, no 1 TE always crocked, very rough schedule, and yet he still produces big numbers somehow. I foolishly dropped him yesterday but won't make the same mistake again. Come what may I'm rolling with Kirk ROS 

8 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

True, I just wouldn't start Eli in any circumstance this season.

Yea I can't argue that. I'm right there with you. 

I didn't make the switch until Sunday morning. The thought they kept going through my head before I made the switch was "Do I really want to put my faith in Eli?" 

As soon as I saw the O-line guys were active I plugged Cousins into my lineup (instead of Tyrod, thankfully).  I really think as long as the O-line is relatively healthy and can give him time to throw, Cousins is a must-start.  The Seattle and Dallas games he was running for his life.

1 hour ago, Jewelz0376 said:

Well this move backfired on me smh. Eli gave me 21, while Cousins on my bench gave me 35. FML

I can´t think if any situation where I would start Eli over Cousins if they are both playing. Like never.

10 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

As soon as I saw the O-line guys were active I plugged Cousins into my lineup (instead of Tyrod, thankfully).  I really think as long as the O-line is relatively healthy and can give him time to throw, Cousins is a must-start.  The Seattle and Dallas games he was running for his life.

I started Tyrod ....  thank God my opponent had a terrible week. 

What Kirk did against the Vikings shocked me 

Is KC a decent play this week against a dominant NO defense?  Fat Rob was placed on IR this week, which should help with all the 1 yard plunges he's had recently.  Not sure about the O line, J. Reed, none of his receivers make one confident.  Basically a Thompson/VD type of game, mix in a few receiver plays.  Washington might get blown out of the water, so Capt. Kirt will be throwing.

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Is KC a decent play this week against a dominant NO defense? 

- Saints last 4 opponents -

GB (no Rodgers)

CHI (rookie QB)

TB (Winston banged up)

BUF (the Bills)

The game before this stretch of cupcakes was Detroit in New Orleans & Stafford went over 300 & 3 TDs. 

I like Cousins to be solid again this weekend.