NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

11 hours ago, cousinal111 said:

- Saints last 4 opponents -

GB (no Rodgers)

CHI (rookie QB)

TB (Winston banged up)

BUF (the Bills)

The game before this stretch of cupcakes was Detroit in New Orleans & Stafford went over 300 & 3 TDs. 

I like Cousins to be solid again this weekend. 

I agree with you.

It will be a real test for this young saint secondary. When they went against real good QB they had they a** slapped. It will be interesting to see if the saints are a real superbowl contendant.

I hope Captain prove they are not, not that I don't like the saint, but as  I own kirky.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, chrismikayla said:

Just inserted into my starting lineup. Worried as heck about Dallas O line and not having Zeke so sitting Dak until he proves me wrong

Ballsy.  Think I’d still start Dak over Cousins.   Seeing as I’m rolling with Cousins and playing against Dak this week though I hope you’re right.  

Edited by lla887

Have to start him due to bye weeks, and not really any better options on the wire. At least the game will be in a dome, so don't have to worry about crazy weather conditions. Also think the NO defense hasn't really been tested by good QBs to date, and the Captain will have to be throwing all day.

1 hour ago, mjb said:

No Reed, Pryor.  This feels like Saints win big, got to hope for the garbage points.

Curious.  When was the last time Cousins laid a true egg?  He seems to get it done to an acceptable (or better) degree most of the time, especially in a contest that is at least modest scoring.  The dude knows what he is doing in that offense, unlike some of the other up and down folks you could be stuck with (e.g., Ryan, Mariota, Big Ben, Carr, etc.). 

2 hours ago, mjb said:

No Reed, Pryor.  This feels like Saints win big, got to hope for the garbage points.

Neither Reid nor Pryor has done anything equivalent to jack sh** all year. Why would those two being out determine anything? Cousins has been a top 10 (QB1) option with CT, VD, and some random WR every week all year. Nothing different this week. 330 yards, 3 TDs total (rushing/passing). Start Cousins with confidence.

Harris, Crowder, Doctson appear to be the only WRs that will be active Sunday unless Ryan Grant gets cleared late.  A heavy Thompson game appears likely along with VD. Not sure about O line injuries. If KC gets time, he might be able to salvage a decent fantasy day, 275/2 should be possible.

57 minutes ago, Neptune said:

This guy is a baller, Thankgiving day matchup against the Giants sounds drool-worthy. I really hope the loss of Thompson doesn't dampen his momentum; albeit Cousins is pretty good at improvising and working with what he is given.

I think it's safe to say Cousins is turning matchup proof. As long as his line isn't beat up I will start him every week rest of the yr. Thompson out hurts but I think Crowder getting healthy can help. 

Edited by Jewelz0376

Guy is getting paid in the off season.

Would love to see the Steelers swoop in and replace Ben with him.

Delighted to see him dropped to the waiver after his Seattle showing, which if you watched, you'll have seen that he actually played really well, just didn't get the fantasy points that day. The perfect guy to replace Watson. 

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

The loss of Chris Thompson will hurt.

He already has trash WR's and a banged up TE.

I'm not sure why it matters at this point, he has been efficient all season with a healthy o-line.  We've seen QBs be amazing ff producers with worse talent than the Redskins.

I can't even explain how he is doing this. Dude has zero talent around him. Pryor was supposed to be a star and he's not even playing anymore. Crowder was supposed to be the #2 outside WR star and has also been a no-show. Reed is Reed (injured). Chris Thompson is now injured. Cousins threw 3 TD passes yesterday, one to some guy named Sprinkle and another to Grant. You'd think the injuries and bad WR play will ultimately catch up to him. But so far it has not. He'll be the highest paid player in the NFL in 2018. Denver and Arizona will make the biggest pushes for him. Cleveland and the Jets will try too.

How scurred should we be about the loss of Thompson harming Kirk's outlook?  Obviously you can't sit a guy who's put up consecutive top-two finishes against tough defenses, but Kirk was really leaning on Thompson to cover up the rest of the offense's deficiencies.

I like how we don't really have to worry about this next week against the Giants.

11 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I loved my TD update with a little Sprinkle. Cousins is legit.

He was great.  Thoughts without Thompson now.  Thompson was a chain mover, and a top option for KC even near the goal line.  His "weapons" are the worst in the league.  I have Cam too, but don't know if I can trust him on the road at the Jets Sunday.