NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

17 minutes ago, chrismikayla said:

He's not leaving my lineup ROS. IF 18/19 points is his floor with some 30 point games thrown in I'll take it.

He hit projections, which included a pick that wasn't entirely his fault.  He has a knack for finding weaknesses in defenses and exploiting them all game, he is calling a lot of audibles at the line, which is great to see.  I have Big Ben (insert your 2nd QB for matchups here), but I don't think I can sit KC against anybody RoS.  Week 14 @ LAC is going to be the only tough decision.  As an Eagles fan, I am glad he likely won't be in the division next year.

Edited by ap0calypse
  • Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jordan Reed ruled out.  Much of the offense looks to have a questionable tag heading into Thursday night's game.  This will be the Redskins third game in the past (12 days.)

Jordan Reed (hamstring) is out for Week 13 against the Cowboys on Thursday night.

Reed doesn't seem particularly close to a return, but he will have 10 days to get ready for Week 14. The Redskins are in the midst of a three-games-in-12-days stretch.
Edited by mjb
4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yep, and Dallas will be without Seean Lee and RT Collins. 

no sweat for Shatner ?

The last Redskins game was terrible to watch if a team cant score with washington then kirk never lights it up. If the cowboys cant score like the giants last week then it could be time to bench kirk

Cousins first meeting with Dallas didn’t go well (263 passing/ 1 TD). No Thompson really hurts the offense, but keep an eye on the O line injuries prior to game. This reminds me of last weeks Skins/Giants game, ugly. First team to 20 wins.

6 hours ago, mjb said:

Jordan Reed ruled out.

I mean, the guy has barely played this season.  He's only played in six games, and he topped 48 yards in one of them.  Kirk has been cooking with the ingredients in the cupboard, and doing fine without the guys who are "supposed" to be making plays.  I'm willing to chalk up the last dud against Dallas to the horrible weather, which caused plenty of fantasy duds in the other games that day.

Edited by eg4190
3 hours ago, eg4190 said:

I mean, the guy has barely played this season.  He's only played in six games, and he topped 48 yards in one of them.  Kirk has been cooking with the ingredients in the cupboard, and doing fine without the guys who are "supposed" to be making plays.  I'm willing to chalk up the last dud against Dallas to the horrible weather, which caused plenty of fantasy duds in the other games that day.

Agree with this. Reed has really only had a big impact in a few games. Kirk has been working with a lot less recently and still doing well. I think he will have a good day. Espcially if his offensive line is healthy. And with how bad Dallas defense has been looking. He might have a monster week.  Only reason I’m not playing him is because i have Carson wentz. And you always play Carson wentz lol

3 minutes ago, Synyster said:

I've been burned by the age old adage "Never sit your studs".

I am not sitting the 5th ranked QB this week. No way no how. I am in playoffs fighting for a bye spot. 

I could see 275/2, got Cam too. Both teams dealing with mega injuries.

The only QB's I sit Kirk for this week are Brady, Rivers and Wentz.   Even though game flow may be an issue, the Dallas secondary has just been gashed in recent games.   300 yds seems highly doubtful, but  a 250 yd 2-3 TD night is more likely to happen than not IMHO.

6 minutes ago, malta69 said:

The only QB's I sit Kirk for this week are Brady, Rivers and Wentz.   Even though game flow may be an issue, the Dallas secondary has just been gashed in recent games.   300 yds seems highly doubtful, but  a 250 yd 2-3 TD night is more likely to happen than not IMHO.

This right here. But i would add Wilson. If you have Brady wentz or Wilson. You will start them over cousins. Anyone else and your going to start cousins. He has a good matchup. And is still putting up good yards and touchdowns. I almost considered starting cousins over wentz this week

Debating between Cousins and Goff. Really it's the Thursday Night thing that makes me tentative. But at least it actually isn't a short week due to Thanksgiving games.

Was just looking at his prior year stats, and it would actually seem that vs. the Cowboys he plays better in Dallas.

12 minutes ago, Accio55 said:

This right here. But i would add Wilson. If you have Brady wentz or Wilson. You will start them over cousins. Anyone else and your going to start cousins. He has a good matchup. And is still putting up good yards and touchdowns. I almost considered starting cousins over wentz this week

Wentz is “unbenchable!!”

This could be one of those defensive struggle type games OR it could be a crazy shoot-out, since both defenses basically suck and DAL is probably due for an offensive bounce-back.

Gut says game will be in the high 20's or 30's, and I'd be shocked if Kirk doesn't throw for at least 200+ and 2 TD's.

Y'all have got to be kidding me with benching Cousins.

Last 8 games (excluding @Sea because that is excusable), he's averaging 24.5 pts. You're going to bench that? He put up a great game (300 yds and 3TDs) against a good philly team. I get that Thompson is out, and the oline is banged up, but this is Dallas we're talking about. They just got their a** whooped by the Chargers on Thanksgiving, and looked like the worst team in the league. Rivers had over 430 yds and 3tds. Cousins will get his.

Yahoo - - Dallas has given up 8th most points to QBs this year, and multiple throwing TDs each of the last 4 weeks.

If you have Wilson, Brady, Wentz, or Rivers, I understand benching Cousins (why haven't you traded him??), but anyone else, you'd be crazy.