NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

Just now, mtblock said:

If you have Wilson, Brady, Wentz, or Rivers, I understand benching Cousins (why haven't you traded him??), but anyone else, you'd be crazy.

yup, I'm one of those. I should've been more aggressive in trading Cousins. Now he's riding my bench, since I have Wentz.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

yup, I'm one of those. I should've been more aggressive in trading Cousins. Now he's riding my bench, since I have Wentz.

then perhaps you should've shopped Wentz?  no doubt he would've fetched a more choice return, no?

Is anyone worried about his playoff schedule?: LAC, ARI, DEN, NYG

I'm looking at it right now and thinking about trying to pair him with Alex Smith: OAK, LAC, MIA, DEN

Are there other lower tier QB's you'd pair him with? Just asking as a general discussion & philosophy, not Assistant Coach question. 

6 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Is anyone worried about his playoff schedule?: LAC, ARI, DEN, NYG

I'm looking at it right now and thinking about trying to pair him with Alex Smith: OAK, LAC, MIA, DEN

Are there other lower tier QB's you'd pair him with? Just asking as a general discussion & philosophy, not Assistant Coach question. 

NEVER start Smith over Cousins.

I wouldn't worry about his playoff schedule. ARI and DEN are both non-contenders and falling off the defensive ranks.

LAC would be the only team I'd worry about, but even that could be a shoot-out.

1 minute ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

With Washington O-Line banged up Cousins could incur massive sack numbers vs. those defenses, in my opinion, making him less effective for fantasy. Am I way off here?

Cousins almost neutralizes the pass rush by himself. He's been under attack all year due to the o-line, but still making it happen, including a 320 yard passing game against the Vikings.

The only match-up I'd perhaps be looking for a replacement is the Chargers. Ingram and Bosa are on an entirely different level right now.

4 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Cousins is in a system where he releases quick.

So, wouldn't worry.

The main complaint was that Cousins held onto the ball too long, which is something he’ll need to iron out for next week’s game at Dallas.(Rotoworld.com)

My god this first INT + fumble by crowder litterrally killed the game.

Even a franchise QB can't do it all my his own. And this defense...... Norman desapoints me a lot, not talking about breeland.

I take those 12 points given the game, but now he has no chance to go to the playoff I might start Cam going forward.

***CSB ALERT*** 

i have the bye next week, so won't need Shatner 'til week 15 vs. Arizona ... hoping this offense can smooth back to the groove by then.  it was ugly last night.  CT is missed, and, for all of his papier mache madness, so is Reed.  yeah, the Cap's been making hay with what he has, but this machine gotta tune the eff up.

10 days until Bosa/Ingram and the Super Chargers - tbh, if i had to rely on him next week, i would.  this cat is nothing if not one competitive mo' - and you know he'll be coming out guns a blazing week 14.   keep the faith, fellas ... he's still a top 5 option - i wish you well in the wars to come.

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

***CSB ALERT*** 

i have the bye next week, so won't need Shatner 'til week 15 vs. Arizona ... hoping this offense can smooth back to the groove by then.  it was ugly last night.  CT is missed, and, for all of his papier mache madness, so is Reed.  yeah, the Cap's been making hay with what he has, but this machine gotta tune the eff up.

10 days until Bosa/Ingram and the Super Chargers - tbh, if i had to rely on him next week, i would.  this cat is nothing if not one competitive mo' - and you know he'll be coming out guns a blazing week 14.   keep the faith, fellas ... he's still a top 5 option - i wish you well in the wars to come.

I'm a lifelong Skins fan, so I will disagree with you here. If you have another option than Kirk, you had better explore that option. This team has pretty much imploded and is decimated with injuries. Kirk will underperform the rest of the year. Here is why:

1) loss of key offensive linemen cannot be sustained anymore. Moses lost last night. Now out of the playoffs, the team will probably shut down LT Trent Williams, who has be playing when he really shouldn't be bc he is pretty injured 

2) the defense is worn out. They have lost the war of attrition and cannot stop the run anymore. That means that opposing teams will go on long drives, which means less time for Cousins. It happened last night

3) No one to throw to. No dependable options at WR and TE. Reed won't be back now, and Vernon Davis is banged up. Plus, they need to keep TE in to block. Crowder sucks. Who is he throwing to? Ryan Grant?

4) They will probably shut Kirk down at some point in these last few games bc there is no reason to play him behind that line. They may start aiming for better draft position 

Edited by Conscious Pilot

Yes that was a disappointing game for sure considering the great match up. I'm concerned going into the playoffs. No so much about Cousins himself, but their line has been decimated. I have Rodgers so I only need Cousins for one playoff game, but it's against one of the best pass rushes in the game <sigh>. I'm just hoping he doesn't give me a stinker or I could be one and done in the playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

I'm a lifelong Skins fan, so I will disagree with you here. If you have another option than Kirk, you had better explore that option. This team has pretty much imploded and is decimated with injuries. Kirk will underperform the rest of the year. Here is why:

1) loss of key offensive linemen cannot be sustained anymore. Moses lost last night. Now out of the playoffs, the team will probably shut down LT Trent Williams, who has be playing when he really shouldn't be bc he is pretty injured 

2) the defense is worn out. They have lost the war of attrition and cannot stop the run anymore. That means that opposing teams will go on long drives, which means less time for Cousins. It happened last night

3) No one to throw to. No dependable options at WR and TE. Reed won't be back now, and Vernon Davis is banged up. Plus, they need to keep TE in to block. Crowder sucks. Who is he throwing to? Ryan Grant?

4) They will probably shut Kirk down at some point in these last few games bc there is no reason to play him behind that line. They may start aiming for better draft position 

appreciate your sobering take on this - good stuff. 

that being said, lemme ask you a question - on a scale of 1-100, how bullish are you on the Chargers D for week 14?

?

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

appreciate your sobering take on this - good stuff. 

that being said, lemme ask you a question - on a scale of 1-100, how bullish are you on the Chargers D for week 14?

?

Chargers D is gonna be a top option next week. I'll be starting them. 

At the least, there will be plenty of points from sacks. Ty Nsekhe looked horrible on the line last night and they have backups of backups like Tyler Catalina having to play. 

Bosa will feast. 

40 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Thanks for the insight. Unfortunately my only other choice is Tyrod Taylor so I have no choice but to start Kirk.

3 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

How does this guy ball out against the Saints and Vikings, and then put up mediocre to bad efforts against the NYG and Dallas. Should we only start him against good DSTs??

because he had an intact o-line and CT in the earlier games?

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

How does this guy ball out against the Saints and Vikings, and then put up mediocre to bad efforts against the NYG and Dallas. Should we only start him against good DSTs??

Division games - these teams always play each other tough.

2 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Chargers D is gonna be a top option next week. I'll be starting them. 

At the least, there will be plenty of points from sacks. Ty Nsekhe looked horrible on the line last night and they have backups of backups like Tyler Catalina having to play. 

Bosa will feast. 

Bosa and Ingram. The Chargers secondary is pretty decent too, so I expect that game to be a blowout. And then you consider they blew the Cowboys out who just decimated the Skins.

I'm happy I have a bye week in the league I have Cousins..it could get ugly.

He actually played pretty well last night (250 yds, 2 TDs) considering the issues. Both INTs were flukey and would have led to more yards and likely another TD.