Kirk Cousins 2017 Outlook

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, nflcore said:

i may have lost my playoff spot. Played cousins and crowder last night :(.

Almost made the same mistake but decided not to put all my eggs in the same basket. It helps also to have Allen, Landry, Anderson and Evans ;)

On 11/30/2017 at 12:18 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

Is anyone worried about his playoff schedule?: LAC, ARI, DEN, NYG

I'm looking at it right now and thinking about trying to pair him with Alex Smith: OAK, LAC, MIA, DEN

Are there other lower tier QB's you'd pair him with? Just asking as a general discussion & philosophy, not Assistant Coach question. 

On 11/30/2017 at 12:32 PM, Dark Kn19ht said:

With Washington O-Line banged up Cousins could incur massive sack numbers vs. those defenses, in my opinion, making him less effective for fantasy. Am I way off here?

Re-posting my comments regarding the concern for Cousins and the FF Playoffs. Are there any other opinions on trying to pair him with another QB for week 14?

O line is the issue. Given time Cousins seems to do good.  Receivers dropping balls obviously hurts. You could much worse.  Possible shootout in LA?

53 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Re-posting my comments regarding the concern for Cousins and the FF Playoffs. Are there any other opinions on trying to pair him with another QB for week 14?

I’m concerned about Cousins this week against the LA Chargers. 

Chargers great pass rush vs. Skins OLine problems

Chargers great DB’s vs. Skins mediocre WR’s

i could see a game similar to last week against Dallas where they lose 38-14 and Cousins goes 250/2TD/2 INT

My other option is Goff against the Eagles. FML

Edited by Under500Forever
48 minutes ago, mjb said:

O line is the issue. Given time Cousins seems to do good.  Receivers dropping balls obviously hurts. You could much worse.  Possible shootout in LA?

We understand that O-Line is the issue, and they'll have the same oline against a better DL line in LAC vs. DAL. WSH couldn't do much against DAL what makes you think they'll do more against a better defense in LAC? No way this is a shootout.

2 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

We understand that O-Line is the issue, and they'll have the same oline against a better DL line in LAC vs. DAL. WSH couldn't do much against DAL what makes you think they'll do more against a better defense in LAC? No way this is a shootout.

Not a cousins owner but a Chargers owner......I watched every second of that redskins v dallas game and to be fair, those turnovers were not Cousins fault. Did he throw a pass to Crowder near the endzone a bit high leaving him out to dry, yes....BUT crowder needs to come down with that ball that hit his hands.

Im probably streaming Chargers or Bills but I wont expect redskins to have 4 TO. That game was ruined from the start. They will concentrate on possession and ball security. I wont be surprised if that is the focus all week long. Those turnovers cost them the game against a cowboys team that couldnt move the ball.

Has any QB has success against the Chargers D? Chargers are 6-6 with a good offense. Surely several teams scored a lot of points against this defense.

15 minutes ago, mjb said:

Has any QB has success against the Chargers D? Chargers are 6-6 with a good offense. Surely several teams scored a lot of points against this defense.

Trevor Siemian is the only QB to score >20 points against them this season.

Other QBs they've faced:

Brady

Wentz

Smith

Their pass defense is elite this season.

Edited by FlashGordon401
9 hours ago, kcchiefsinsider said:

Could be a shoot out. I'm going Jimmy G over Cousins just this week

Man im struggling with this decision too, because Jimmy G is sitting on my waivers.  I have Rodgers so I only need to win this week. Last time I benched Cousins was against the Vikings and he went off for almost 40 pts. 

Part of me thinks even with the Chargers D he can still get 200+ yds and a couple TDS,  which is all I need. 

10 hours ago, kcchiefsinsider said:

Could be a shoot out. I'm going Jimmy G over Cousins just this week

Cousins is a top 10 fantasy qb this season. Don't overthink this. Play your top guys. Jimmy G is in the conversation because he was Brady's backup? Geesh Louise!

I get being concerned with Cousins this week but to turn to Garapalo as your starter in playoffs is a bit of a stretch. Houston’s defense is still viable to a degree. Hopefully the extra few days rest coming off a Thursday game helps the Skins oline. Cousins might be running for his life as he was against Dallas but as he did against Dallas he should post a halfway decent line. Maybe not 300 plus 3 or 4 tds in s shootout but 250 and a few tds is not to hard to fathom. Don’t see Cousins getting pulled even if it turns into a blowout so some garbage time is in play. Not like they Need to see what they have in McCoy. Bottom line is i would rather take my chances with a guy who has put up some decent numbers this year over a guy who stil could be living off the Hype from being on Pats and just joined a new team with not a lot of time to gel with new offense. But if you had another option besides Garapalo then maybe benching Cousins would make more sense.

I really think Cousins is a huge risk this week. That LAC defense is the perfect storm for a dud. They have one of the best pass rushes in the league that really gets after the QB combined with several elite cover corners. The WAS line is battered to hell and their receivers rarely create good separation anyhow. Without a playmaker like Thompson to dump off to WAS offense has really struggled last 2 weeks. I can see Kirk putting up some OK numbers, but I could also see a totally flat performance on the road. Added McCown this week and am likely starting him over Kirk. I also have Big Ben, but hesitant to play against BAL. Probably flip a coin between between Ben/McCown for the start this week for me. 

im benching him for Jameis Winston. I've watched the Dallas game and it scared me a lot. 

They have used like 23 different combinations on the offensive line...too many injuries... trent williams probably not gonna play and morgan moses is banged up.. theyre using like the 3rd center and no one is healthy

i think it will get ugly against ingram and bosa

8 minutes ago, oscars2212 said:

Didn't cousins put up big numbers against Minn and NO just a few weeks ago?  Those are both good pass D teams.  He's only had 1 game this year where he didn't throw at least 1 TD...

True but last week scared the crap out of me. He was running for his life against Dallas and the Chargers defense is a lot better.

6 minutes ago, oscars2212 said:

well, good luck then.  No offense, but I hope he blows up on your bench because I am going to be starting him!

I’d be ok with that. I feel he has a much higher chance of putting up a poor performance in this game than he does blowing up.