NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dez Bryant 2017 Season Outlook

40 minutes ago, cowboy5xsbs said:

Dude is a Cowboys Hater ignore him 

I'm a Bills fan, I don't care for the Cowboys either... but i'm not going to purposely lose money or not have a good fantasy football team because of it. 

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

9 targets including some shots at the end zone...it wasn't as bad of a game as the stats suggest, just a tough match-up with one of the best secondaries in the league.

And Dez's schedule is chalked full of tough matchups this season. This was what scared a lot of people off of Dez on draft day and why you probably thought you were getting a steal at the end of the 2nd or early 3rd. It's only one game but I would be worried.

If anybody watched the game, Dak completely missed him in the end zone and he pretty much ran wide open on another route and Dak didn't find him. 

Dez is fine.  If anything I was encouraged. The Dak-Dez connection will only get better with more reps. 

Edited by PolarBear

I was encouraged by the red zone targets, but they were so ill-advised

You're 1st and goal on the 3-4 yard line. You have Ezekiel Elliott. What do you do? Throw to Dez? Hell no. 

I'm not really concerned about the yardage or number of catches, but TDs will likely be hard to come by - need to be big plays from 20-30 yards out, otherwise they'll just pound with Zeke (assuming last night was not an indicator of what they'll do when they're 1st and goal)

10 hours ago, Hero202 said:

9 targets including some shots at the end zone...it wasn't as bad of a game as the stats suggest, just a tough match-up with one of the best secondaries in the league.

It had little to do with the matchup and more to do with (1) Dak missing him a couple times and (2) NYG being so bad that in the second half Dallas was content to take few chances and just grind them down as DAL's staff knew the only way NYG could score was if they were gifted turnovers.

7 targets almost immediately was a great sign as was the red zone usage.  If Dak doesn't miss Dez wide open in the end zone early or if the defensive back doesn't push Dez off his route on a long bomb in the second half nobody is complaining.  

This game was bad game script for the pass the whole way and Dez still got nine targets plus like four end zone targets.  If he gets those numbers all year he'll be a top 5 WR most likely.

9 hours ago, PolarBear said:

If anybody watched the game, Dak completely missed him in the end zone and he pretty much ran wide open on another route and Dak didn't find him. 

Dez is fine.  If anything I was encouraged. The Dak-Dez connection will only get better with more reps. 

For sure man. It seemed anytime Dak threw the ball in the red zone he was aiming for Dez. He easily could've had two touchdowns this game against an elite secondary. I'm very encouraged he'll have a big season this year

On 9/11/2017 at 0:06 PM, KennyWoo said:

It had little to do with the matchup and more to do with (1) Dak missing him a couple times and (2) NYG being so bad that in the second half Dallas was content to take few chances and just grind them down as DAL's staff knew the only way NYG could score was if they were gifted turnovers.

Yeah, Dak was off and didn't even have Dez as his first read much of the game. Often he wouldn't even look Dez's direction. That should change going forward.