NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dez Bryant 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Does the Zeke suspension kill his value?

I don't think so. I don't think it necessarily increases or decreases it. On one hand: defenses will be less honed-in on a beast RB. On the other hand: the lack of a beast RB may increase targets. 

1 minute ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I don't think so. I don't think it necessarily increases or decreases it. On one hand: defenses will be less honed-in on a beast RB. On the other hand: the lack of a beast RB may increase targets. 

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

Why would it? Its either neutral or positive.

Just wasn’t sure if they’d focus more

on him no that the running game might be gone if no one performs. 

Edited by iretirefromfantasy
Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Just wasn’t sure if they’d focus more

on him no that the running game might be gone if no one performs. 

They probably will but they cant run the ball and control the clock and keep their suspect D off the field. More negative game scripts for the passing game.

The good thing with Zeke is that he helped with having long drives, which increased Dez's chances for points. The bad thing with Zeke was all the touchdowns he would score and cause Dallas to go up big, which meant less Dez. I don't know what to think about Dez's value. Maybe Dak forces it to Dez more? I'm just hoping this ends up helping Dez, although I think it helps Dak. 

Just now, mrfrood said:

The good thing with Zeke is that he helped with having long drives, which increased Dez's chances for points. The bad thing with Zeke was all the touchdowns he would score and cause Dallas to go up big, which meant less Dez. I don't know what to think about Dez's value. Maybe Dak forces it to Dez more? I'm just hoping this ends up helping Dez, although I think it helps Dak. 

And Dez helps Dak. 

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

And Dez helps Dak. 

To some extent yes, but I would say defenses can key in on Dez where then Dak can feed others, plus I can see Dak getting an increase of running TDs. 

I can only hope Dez goes nuts and gets 100 yard games left and right. 

i keep saying im done with dez but end up in this thread week in and week out. I own this guys jerseys im forced to keep cheering. I think zeke injury hurts dez. Not like he wasn't being targeted I think he got like 16 targets early on in the year and did like 75 yards. It's disappointing and sad how far this guys fell from elite wr1 status. I pray he turns it around. Dallas should've traded for Josh Gordon's rights we need another wr to take pressure/coverage off dez

5 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

i keep saying im done with dez but end up in this thread week in and week out. I own this guys jerseys im forced to keep cheering. I think zeke injury hurts dez. Not like he wasn't being targeted I think he got like 16 targets early on in the year and did like 75 yards. It's disappointing and sad how far this guys fell from elite wr1 status. I pray he turns it around. Dallas should've traded for Josh Gordon's rights we need another wr to take pressure/coverage off dez

Do you watch Football?  Zeke is suspended, not hurt.  Dez has gone through a murderers row of elite CBs and last week was a monsoon.  He has still produced despite these variables.  Better days are ahead.

6 hours ago, jeremyt7 said:

Injury? ....

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, VIKEVIKE77 said:

WHAT?

I wanted to shed more clarity on this since I thought the numbers were a little circumstantial. I didn't know what those "full games" meant. It ended up being close. Here is what I have for last 20 games (2016, playoff, 2017):

Targets: 171 - 8.55 per game

Catches: 91 - 4.55 per game

Yards: 1284 - 64.2 per game

TD: 14 - 0.7 per game

- includes a 6 target, 3 - 40 - 1 TD game vs CHI in 2016 where he fractured his knee and missed a month. I left this in because it's still a decent game with somewhat normal points. DAL was blowing them out and can be argued Dez might've seen little else due to running out the clock with Zeke.

- includes a monster GB playoff game that was 12, 9 - 132 - 2

- omits 2016 week 17 vs PHI where no starters really played and DAL had division locked up

- includes all of 2017

One note is there isn't a completely dominant game in 2017 thus far. He hasn't cracked 100 yds, though he has a 13, 5 - 98 - 0 game this year. So while he has 4 TDs in 2017 it's likely he hasn't just outright won a week for you, but rather complimented. Does this change his ADP in hindsight? I'm not sure. Still mid 2nd, I would imagine. Top of 2nd for some, bottom of 2nd for others and you get the mean.

If we're playing the law of averages, Dez is due for some monster games in the second half. Perhaps 2-3 multi TD and/or 100+ yd type games.

sorry i meant suspended lol but you're blind to think he's posting elite numbers. He has been held to under 100 yards for 14 straight weeks. He's slow and doesn't win as many jump balls as he used to. I watch every single snap the cowboys play and he's dropped or tipped numerous passes that were in his hands and he just doesn't catch them. Elite cb's murder row? I mean yeah in weeks 1-3 they were horrible match ups but after that he played GB LA Rams 49er's and still stunk it up, 40-60 yards and a maybe a td aren't good enough for me. And even against Washington he didn't catch one pass on Josh Norman all his catchers were against the 3rd string cb lmao. be real. I hope he does turn it around. But as I stated before I feel Zeke's suspension hurts him more than it helps him. He was getting stupid amount of targets and does nothing with them. 16 games and BARELY hit's over 1000 yards for a man of Dez status, it's embarrassing.