NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dez Bryant 2017 Season Outlook

On 8/22/2017 at 11:22 AM, brosephd said:

i might just get him end of round 2 and flip him like someone said based off name recognition and if he starts out hot when zeke is out for a round 1 talent

Flip him for what though? Not like you can just get Julio for him or a RB1. You would have to take a loss on him 

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

Flip him for what though? Not like you can just get Julio for him or a RB1. You would have to take a loss on him 

You could get a Crowell type for him but I'm not sure why you'd want to trade a good WR in the second round.

5 hours ago, mevins31 said:

this was just based off the assumption that he starts out hot and being already deep at WR, I would be able to trade him while his value is high and his name is high profile for a struggling RB that went early 2nd or so before Zeke comes back. Again, a lot of if's so not the risk. 

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

this was just based off the assumption that he starts out hot and being already deep at WR, I would be able to trade him while his value is high and his name is high profile for a struggling RB that went early 2nd or so before Zeke comes back. Again, a lot of if's so not the risk. 

Right but who's giving up a first rounder even with the name value? I don't think your getting like... Lesean or one of the elite WRs for Dez. Even if he's playing well. 

I drafted him 23rd overall so end of second.

I'm not pumped nor down about it. Dez isn't a player that I was targeting but at the same time the potential is there. He is a top 3 red zone threat in the league and if things line up right he has top 3 potential.

He equally can be a bust. Injury is somewhat of a concern and his usage at times is questionable.

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I drafted him 23rd overall so end of second.

I'm not pumped nor down about it. Dez isn't a player that I was targeting but at the same time the potential is there. He is a top 3 red zone threat in the league and if things line up right he has top 3 potential.

He equally can be a bust. Injury is somewhat of a concern and his usage at times is questionable.

I think people make too much of him being "written out". Yes he had a few duds, but I really don't think it's exactly what people register it as. His two duds after his return from Injury were against Cleveland, a game that was never competitve from the first snap, and a game against the GIants where even though he failed to produce, he still received 9 targets. In the other 7 games after injury he never scored below 9.7 points in 0.5 PPR. Even including the game with the giants and the Browns, Dez's pace from those 9 games, I believe, was 128 Targets, 70 Rec, 1148 Yards, 12.5 TDs, which would've been 269-270 Points I believe, or roughly WR6 ahead of Julio Jones. 

1 minute ago, taobball said:

I think people make too much of him being "written out". Yes he had a few duds, but I really don't think it's exactly what people register it as. His two duds after his return from Injury were against Cleveland, a game that was never competitve from the first snap, and a game against the GIants where even though he failed to produce, he still received 9 targets. In the other 7 games after injury he never scored below 9.7 points in 0.5 PPR. Even including the game with the giants and the Browns, Dez's pace from those 9 games, I believe, was 128 Targets, 70 Rec, 1148 Yards, 12.5 TDs, which would've been 269-270 Points I believe, or roughly WR6 ahead of Julio Jones. 

I'm talking about his career in general where for entire halfs he has been ignored. Obviously it never prevented him from beasting but it is frustrating.

Just now, Gohawks said:

I'm talking about his career in general where for entire halfs he has been ignored. Obviously it never prevented him from beasting but it is frustrating.

Halves of football games? I have no idea what your referencing in terms of his career. 

2 minutes ago, chargahs said:

Over/under 14 on TD's for the season if he stays healthy? 

Under, but the three seasons he played 16 games he put up 12, 13, and 16 TDs.  Even if last year's "down year" he was on pace for just under 10.  This guy scores TDs and in standard and half PPR you have to take an even harder look at him because the end zone is where he excels.

6 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Under, but the three seasons he played 16 games he put up 12, 13, and 16 TDs.  Even if last year's "down year" he was on pace for just under 10.  This guy scores TDs and in standard and half PPR you have to take an even harder look at him because the end zone is where he excels.

I'm having a really tough time deciding who to take between Baldwin, Cooper, Cooks, and Dez. That's who I project will be available anyway.

2 minutes ago, chargahs said:

I'm having a really tough time deciding who to take between Baldwin, Cooper, Cooks, and Dez. That's who I project will be available anyway.

In three different leagues I have share each of Cooper, Dez, and Cooks. I have all three of them close so I decided to diversify a little. I really think Dez has the best chance of that group finishing as an elite WR1. Cooper and Baldwin are not 10+ TD guys. I like Cooks a lot but he's getting a little too overhyped now. I can see Cooks getting ~ 1,200 yards and 9 TDs. 

4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

In three different leagues I have share each of Cooper, Dez, and Cooks. I have all three of them close so I decided to diversify a little. I really think Dez has the best chance of that group finishing as an elite WR1. Cooper and Baldwin are not 10+ TD guys. I like Cooks a lot but he's getting a little too overhyped now. I can see Cooks getting ~ 1,200 yards and 9 TDs. 

Baldwin had 21 tds the last two years.