NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mookie Betts 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, absknicks said:

Anyone watch his ABs the past couple of days? Getting close to doing anything? Really not producing nearly enough for a guy who went #2 overall in a lot of drafts. I've given him a pass for the most part because I'm confident he'll get it going but the production was really from one 2-3 game stretch and other than that it's been a lot of nothing. 

2 hours ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

I'm not even remotely close to worried. I've been watching most of his ABs aside from tonight and he's still making good contact.

Relax...

The GIDP he hit was absolutely tagged. It just happened to be right at arguably the best defensive 3B in the league.

Edited by hailtoyourvictor

Past 229 PA's (dating back to end of last year, does not include 12 homerless play-off PA's):

.294/.367/.402 triple slash

.103 ISO, 3 homers, 3.9 hr/fb%

People saying he's driving the ball..sorry I haven't seen it. He had a nice one week stretch so far and of course he's hit a few hard.. but not consistently. Right now the majority of their lineup is hitting below expectations. I'd expect this group as a whole to improve, and that should involve Mookie. He's an extremely talented player so he should end up as a 5-cat beast. He's had a rough patch for about the past two months of regular season baseball, but I'd advise patience for a player with his talent. 

1 hour ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

A lot of players still crapping the bed and we are in the beginning of May with no end in sight

Because yesterday was May 1?

Because you can know when a hot streak is coming? 

Because there's still 85% of the season left to play? 

200w.gif

Edited by Backdoor Slider
27 minutes ago, roadawg said:

Dejavu. The Mookie thread sounded just like this and the end of last April. 

Yeah .266 4 HR at the end of April 2016.

.230 2 HR at the end of April 2015. 

Some people just aren't cut out for fantasy baseball. 

Edited by Backdoor Slider
15 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Yeah .266 4 HR at the end of April 2016.

.230 2 HR at the end of April 2015. 

Some people just aren't cut out for fantasy baseball. 

Take a month of any regular player's ABs and you will see some funny small sample noise .. the fact that it's April is largely irrelevant. 

1 minute ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Take a month of any regular player's ABs and you will see some funny small sample noise .. the fact that it's April is largely irrelevant. 

Sure, but patterns do exist.  Some guys do have slow starts on an almost yearly basis, and Mookie's looking like he could be one of those guys.

15 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

There are documented cases of notorious slow starters. The larger point is that Mookie has WORSE months every year and ends up as an elite, top 10 bat. There's literally zero reason to complain/worry at this point, unless you're in H2H and the rest of your team sucks so you blame it on your 1st round pick or you have ADD and can't wait for fantasy football to start. 

His nickname should be O-fer. Sox need to trade for a vet who can lead this team or move Mookie to leadoff because he is atrocious in the three-hole