NBC Sports EDGE Forums

T.Y. Hilton 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ap0calypse said:

Agreed.  TY has at least proven he can put up big numbers with Brissett.  Brett Hundley hasn't even proven he belongs on an NFL team.

To be fair, he hasn't really had the opportunity.

Jordy is a much higher gamble at this point. You really have no idea what to expect.

TY Hilton you know what to expect. A big game sprinkled with a bunch of garbage games.

4 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

Agreed.  TY has at least proven he can put up big numbers with Brissett.  Brett Hundley hasn't even proven he belongs on an NFL team.

Even if Hundley balls out it will be a lot of Adams and rb out of the backfield with tight ends sprinkled in.   Jordy is an awesome wr with Rodgers but this is because they are damn near telepathic.  He no longer gets separation like he used to which will be problematic.  I wouldn't be one surprised on bit to see more Janis as well.

49 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

That was a terrible move.  And I say that as a huge Packer homer.

43 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

To be fair, he hasn't really had the opportunity.

Jordy is a much higher gamble at this point. You really have no idea what to expect.

TY Hilton you know what to expect. A big game sprinkled with a bunch of garbage games.

I recognize it's a gamble, but I have depth at WR to take the chance. I know what I'll get out of Hilton, and it's not consistent. Also, I watched Hundley quite a lot while he was at UCLA and I'm confident in his ability, though I fully recognize that Jordy will take a dip in value. 

1 hour ago, FearTheTree said:

I recognize it's a gamble, but I have depth at WR to take the chance. I know what I'll get out of Hilton, and it's not consistent. Also, I watched Hundley quite a lot while he was at UCLA and I'm confident in his ability, though I fully recognize that Jordy will take a dip in value. 

You made a good move.  Outside of two weeks, Hilton is unstartable rest of season.

1 minute ago, esoomer said:

Why do I get a feeling bad Jax is going to show up this week and I'll be cursing myself on Monday for benching Eugene at home?

Jax is totally going to show up this weekend. They have had 1 bad game all year and that was against a competent Titans offense.

This is a below average Colts offense with a defense that can't stop the opposing offense. Jax D/ST is going to eat and odds are pretty high that Hilton has a poop game.

Everything inside of me told me to go elsewhere. Anywhere else. But I kept thinking "all he needs is one big play" and started him anyways because I opted for upside over safer floors. Never got that play. It's fairly clear you can only play Hilton at home against not good pass defenses.

7 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Trade him and be happy no matter who you get back. 

No way, imo.  I'm thinking about packaging him with Watson or Dak for an upgrade, but he has a good QB and Hilton himself is a gifted receiver.  I'd take my chances they can get the protections fixed in Indy before I'd sell him for a bum.

7 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

No way, imo.  I'm thinking about packaging him with Watson or Dak for an upgrade, but he has a good QB and Hilton himself is a gifted receiver.  I'd take my chances they can get the protections fixed in Indy before I'd sell him for a bum.

I’m about to package with someone for an upgrade. This Indy offense is brutal. 

25 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

We all missed our window to trade him after his big game 2 weeks ago.

Yup. Two weeks ago Hilton was coming off a big game and Luck was practicing. So I figured I had a WR1 coming my way and rebuffed offers, which at the time were low. Then Hilton has a crap MNF game when everyone thought he would do well and then news broke out Luck was experiencing soreness and would stop practicing. His trade value was dead then. Today's game was just digging up the corpse and kicking it a few times to make sure there was no chance of a fantasy zombie. 

Hilton is apologizing today for calling out the o-line yesterday after the loss.  He said the WR's were winning their matchups but the o-line needs to play better.  And suggested to put some o-lineman back there to see how they like taking the hits.  LT Castonzo said they don't like the comments but they realize it is a time to band together and not separate.  And he said that they are offensive lineman, so they are used to everything crashing down on them.  -- Sounds like the o-lineman can't handle the truth.  Which I don't think bodes well for them taking it upon themselves to step it up, if they can't admit they are the problem.

For sure i shouldn't have drafted him... Were many better players after him to draft , but i didn't see that coming. Based on his schedule ROS he's a boom/bust wr3 in my opinion. But whoever is desperate for a WR , just start him. I'm desperate + i can't package him for a trade... So I'm stacked with him.. I'm just waiting for Shepard or Parker to fully come back (hopefully) , so can someone put real numbers from my WR core.Numbers in PPR like 6.7 (week 1) , 8.9 (week2) , 6.00 (week 4) , 2.9 (week 6) and 4.7 (week 7) are pathetic. I don't care who he plays against , he was a WR #7 and his job is to play against these guys. I don't know who to blame  against Jax because TY saw 8 targets and caught only 2, i didn't see the game. Bad passes ? or drops and unable to catch them?