NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.Y. Hilton 2017 Season Outlook

FFS I wish I played in leagues where people considered dropping players like Amari Cooper and TY Hilton.  He played vs the best cornerback duo and pass defense in the league; his only shot of a big game was taking one to the house.  It was going to be 2-30 or 3-75 with a TD, and his box score hit on the more likely outcome.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Let us pray.......(you will need it)

I would literally pick up any receiver off waivers and play him instead of Hilton.  If a guy like Demarcus Robinson or Deonte Thompson is available . . .

47 minutes ago, Sp0ke said:

Ok .. time to be benched...

he went up against one of the best secondaries in the league today. opposing receivers rarely have great/good games against Cincy. 2nd ranked secondary in the league since 2012

13 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

Talks that TY could get traded.  From what I read it is deemed likely that the Colts are willing to move him but deemed unlikely that they'll find what they are looking for before the Tuesday trade deadline.

Trade him to the Seahawks so Wilson has someone other than Baldwin. That may be a decent fit but they won’t give picks

When Hilton goes up against the two worst teams in football, he's been awesome...
--7 catches for 153 and 1 TD (Browns)
--7 catches for 177 (49ers)

TOTALS: 2 games - 14 catches for 330 yards and 1 TD

When Hilton faces anyone besides the two worst teams in football, he's been a land mind...
--3 catches for 57 yards (Rams)

--4 catches for 49 yards (Cardinals)

--3 catches for 30 yards (Seahawks)

--1 catch for 19 yards (Titans)

--2 catches for 27 yards (Jaguars)

--2 catches for 15 yards (Bengals)

TOTALS: 6 games - 15 catches for 197 yards and 0 TD's

1 hour ago, Corleone said:

When Hilton goes up against the two worst teams in football, he's been awesome...
--7 catches for 153 and 1 TD (Browns)
--7 catches for 177 (49ers)

TOTALS: 2 games - 14 catches for 330 yards and 1 TD

When Hilton faces anyone besides the two worst teams in football, he's been a land mind...
--3 catches for 57 yards (Rams)

--4 catches for 49 yards (Cardinals)

--3 catches for 30 yards (Seahawks)

--1 catch for 19 yards (Titans)

--2 catches for 27 yards (Jaguars)

--2 catches for 15 yards (Bengals)

TOTALS: 6 games - 15 catches for 197 yards and 0 TD's

The Titans still have a horrid secondary though

It will sound crazy but I think a trade to the Browns would make sense. They have a lot of assets to give up and Kizer who has a strong arm that pairs well with Hiltons game.

Edited by THall0890
Just now, THall0890 said:

It will sound crazy but I think a trade to the Browns would make sense. They have a lot of assets to give up and Kizer who has a strong arm which would pair well with Hiltons game.

It does sound crazy. No way the Browns will trade assets for a WR when they have so many issues on their team. Hilton might be a good add for a team that is a piece or two from contending, but not a dumpster fire like the Browns. 

Just now, Corleone said:

It does sound crazy. No way the Browns will trade assets for a WR when they have so many issues on their team. Hilton might be a good add for a team that is a piece or two from contending, but not a dumpster fire like the Browns. 

Wouldn't they be able to acquire him for multiple years? The #1 issue they have right now besides front office, coaching staff and ownership is WR. 

1 minute ago, THall0890 said:

Wouldn't they be able to acquire him for multiple years? The #1 issue they have right now besides front office, coaching staff and ownership is WR. 

They would have him under contract for at least a few years, but it's not something I see the Browns front office ever doing; it doesn't fit their approach. And why give up a top draft pick when they're still going to be a terrible team regardless? I can see them getting a WR via free agency or the draft, but not by trading valuable draft picks.