Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.Y. Hilton 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Yeah you’re literally unable to name any elite WRs under contract seemingly in the prime of their career because it almost NEVER happens...

 

Usually a really good indication you’re tucking tail is when you use the “google it” because you can’t come up with anything

 

Nope. See i play with guys like you differently, all you are doing is stating your opinion but attempting to establish it as some sort of fact based point. So I choose not to indulge your lazy argumentation with research and educate you on your entrenched position; which is the equivalent of spitting in the wind. It doesnt matter what i post you are going to believe what you want now if you care to disprove my points then show some facts. other than that i just don't care enough to prove you wrong. I'm ok with being wrong but you are not so we can leave it at that unless u want to have the last post about this. . . :lol:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Yeah because teams NEVER trade their top wr/rb for draft picks. . never happens ever. .:rolleyes:

 

57 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Cite how often that has happened - were not talking about RBs either.

 

your argument makes no sense and wildly inaccurate

 

47 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Cite? Sure the source of reference is Google. . go wild with it :lol:

 

45 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Yeah you’re literally unable to name any elite WRs under contract seemingly in the prime of their career because it almost NEVER happens...

 

Usually a really good indication you’re tucking tail is when you use the “google it” because you can’t come up with anything

 

Here's a list of in-season or beginning of season NFL trades involving WR's since 2008 (so the last 10 years)...

 

--September 16, 2008: The Broncos traded Keary Colbert to the Seahawks for a 5th round pick in 2009.


--October 14, 2008: The Lions traded Roy Williams and a 7th round pick to the Cowboys for a 1st, 3rd and 6th round picks in 2009.

--October 7, 2009: The Browns traded Braylon Edwards to the Jets for 3rd and 5th round picks in 2010, along with LB Jason Trusnik and WR Chansi Stuckey.

--October 20, 2009: The Eagles traded Brandon Gibson and a 6th round pick in 2010 to the Rams for LB Will Witherspoon.

--September 3, 2010: The Cowboys traded Patrick Crayton to the Chargers for a 7th round pick in 2011.

--September 6, 2010: The Ravens traded Mark Clayton and a 7th round pick in 2011 to the Rams for a 6th round pick in 2011.

--October 6, 2010: The Patriots traded Randy Moss and a 7th round pick in 2012 to the Vikings for a 3rd round pick in 2011.

--October 11, 2010: The Seahawks traded Deion Branch to the Patriots for a 4th round pick in 2011.

--October 17, 2011: The Broncos traded Brandon Lloyd to the Rams for a 5th round pick in 2012.

--October 30, 2012: The Jaguars traded Mike Thomas to the Lions for a 5th round pick in 2014.

--October 17, 2014: The Seahawks traded Percy Harvin to the Jets for a 6th round pick in 2015. 

--September 26, 2015: The Raiders traded Brice Butler to the Cowboys for a 6th round pick in 2016. 

--September 3, 2016: The Chiefs traded Rod Streater to the 49ers for a 7th round pick in 2019. 

--September 2, 2016: The Steelers traded Sammie Coates and a 7th round pick in 2019 to the Browns for a 6th round pick in 2018.

--October 25, 2017: The Chargers traded Dontrelle Inman to the Bears for a 7th round pick in 2018. 

 

So 15 in-season WR trades across the past 10 years. It's pretty infrequent. Many of the above trades have been for replacement level fodder. There was just one trade that involved a 1st or 2nd round pick (the Roy Williams deal, which Dallas was instantly criticized for). 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corleone said:

 

 

 

 

Here's a list of in-season or beginning of season NFL trades involving WR's since 2008 (so the last 10 years)...

 

 

 

So 15 in-season WR trades across the past 10 years. It's pretty infrequent. Many of the above trades have been for replacement level fodder. There was just one trade that involved a 1st or 2nd round pick (the Roy Williams deal, which Dallas was instantly criticized for). 

 

 

 

 

yup it's all on google  like 20 links on the first page with that info however that's just referencing in season before the deadline, teams   traded their best player offseason too, it's how biz is done in te NFL no  wr/rb is above being traded for the right price if a team is rebuilding that's the point.  it's silly to think that TY is untradeable as a wr.; just silly

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

yup it's all on google  like 20 links on the first page with that info however that's just referencing in season before the deadline, teams   traded their best player offseason too, it's how biz is done in te NFL no  wr/rb is above being traded for the right price if a team is rebuilding that's the point.  it's silly to think that TY is untradeable as a wr.; just silly

Everyone is tradeable.  TY is not tradeable for what the rumors are.  That’s what most of us are getting at I think.  No way he’s gotten for a 2nd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

 

yup it's all on google  like 20 links on the first page with that info however that's just referencing in season before the deadline, teams   traded their best player offseason too, it's how biz is done in te NFL no  wr/rb is above being traded for the right price if a team is rebuilding that's the point.  it's silly to think that TY is untradeable as a wr.; just silly

 

I didn't list offseason trades,  as in-season trades are much more rare. Teams have already gone through camp and pre-season, and are more reluctant to bring a brand new player on board.

 

Overall, while there have been 15 trades, I'd say that across 10 seasons, that it's pretty rare to see any WR trade happen in-season. Even more rare for a player in his prime that is not going to be a pending free agent (such as Hilton).

 

That's not to say a Hilton trade before the deadline can't happen, as anything can happen...it's just unlikely based on recent history. If a trade does happen, it's even less likely that the Colts will be able to obtain a good pick for him (again doesn't mean it can't happen). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

Nope. See i play with guys like you differently, all you are doing is stating your opinion but attempting to establish it as some sort of fact based point. So I choose not to indulge your lazy argumentation with research and educate you on your entrenched position; which is the equivalent of spitting in the wind. It doesnt matter what i post you are going to believe what you want now if you care to disprove my points then show some facts. other than that i just don't care enough to prove you wrong. I'm ok with being wrong but you are not so we can leave it at that unless u want to have the last post about this. . . :lol:

 

You literally can’t prove me wrong is the thing - the time you spent constructing that pathetic retort you could easily deduce that a WR of TY caliber has never been traded before the deadline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

 

Yeah because teams NEVER trade their top wr/rb for draft picks. . never happens ever. .:rolleyes:

Lol - they never do. I ask you again to provide one example of an elite WR in the prime of his career being traded and you’re unable to come up with one.

 

run along to the Todd gurley thread where you brag about how ahead of the curve you are. This thread is reserved for intelligent discussion and not gloating. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they would be fools to trade him away for their future, but for fantasy purposes I'd love it.

 

Even the Bills would be a huge upgrade for him fantasy-wise...they are a good team, great defense, if they had another weapon besides Shady they could potentially make a playoff run.

 

If he stays with the Colts is he droppable?

Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, this was tweeted and then promptly DELETEDso don't treat it as gospel just yet. 

 

2J9Pu27.png

 

Again, this was just DELETED. Speculation is they might have wanted to keep it under wraps until after the game tonight.

 

Just something to monitor ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

For what it's worth, this was tweeted and then promptly DELETEDso don't treat it as gospel just yet. 

 

2J9Pu27.png

 

Again, this was just DELETED. Speculation is they might have wanted to keep it under wraps until after the game tonight.

 

Just something to monitor ^^

 

Looks like nothing to it, as the writer apologized for being wrong:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/30/16578856/despite-that-rumor-you-heard-the-chiefs-arent-trading-for-colts-wr-t-y-hilton

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

For what it's worth, this was tweeted and then promptly DELETEDso don't treat it as gospel just yet. 

 

2J9Pu27.png

 

Again, this was just DELETED. Speculation is they might have wanted to keep it under wraps until after the game tonight.

 

Just something to monitor ^^

I traded him earlier today for another wr. I figured he wasn’t getting traded at all. Foolish for the colts to do this if it is true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, omnom1337 said:

For what it's worth, this was tweeted and then promptly DELETEDso don't treat it as gospel just yet. 

 

2J9Pu27.png

 

Again, this was just DELETED. Speculation is they might have wanted to keep it under wraps until after the game tonight.

 

Just something to monitor ^^

 

 

Such an odd thing to tweet out if there's absolutely no smoke there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This situation, to me, is mirror image of D Hopkins 2016. No help at WR and a god-awful QB sucks the life out of a WR. Brisket is awful, and the Colts have no one else to take the pressure off.

 

This was on full display with Doyle having a career game. Bengals didn't even bother covering him as they spent most of their time taking Hilton away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...