NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.Y. Hilton 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

If he does have a big game, I'm for sure trying to sell him if I have the chance before our upcoming trade deadline. Too risky to trust moving forward, especially with his dreadful schedule ahead.

Bingo.

My hope is he has a big game, so I can sell him to a WR needy owner who has a good backup QB

- Signed Jameis Winston owner

2 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Think he went for 177 then the week after the next posted 153yds. Sold high and traded him and Jimmy Graham for AJ Green in a money league. lol

I held on to him because at the time there was still the expectation that Luck would come back and I didn't want to trade a WR1. So in my eyes, he wouldn't have been a "sell high". Then he has a horrible MNF game, Luck has a setback in his recovery and here we are.

And just now it was made official that Luck won't play this season. Womp Womp. Thank you Captain Obvious.

3 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I held on to him because at the time there was still the expectation that Luck would come back and I didn't want to trade a WR1. So in my eyes, he wouldn't have been a "sell high". Then he has a horrible MNF game, Luck has a setback in his recovery and here we are.

And just now it was made official that Luck won't play this season. Womp Womp. Thank you Captain Obvious.

Take a look at that schedule down the stretch. I just don't think Luck would of made a huge difference anyway. I never had confidence Luck would make it back at any point, I just got lucky and traded Hilton for cheap early and traded him again after he blew up a couple games. 

3 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Take a look at that schedule down the stretch. I just don't think Luck would of made a huge difference anyway. I never had confidence Luck would make it back at any point, I just got lucky and traded Hilton for cheap early and traded him again after he blew up a couple games. 

I have looked at the schedule and commented on it myself in previous posts in this particular thread, including recently debating on whether or not he is droppable. So I'm cognizant of that. That said, I 100% disagree a healthy Luck wouldn't have made a huge difference over freakin' Jacoby Brissett. You have to temper expectations with the former sure but he's at least a legitimate starting option with WR1 potential even in the most daunting of matchups versus being utterly useless with the latter in said matchups.

Anyways, cool story about how you traded Hilton for cheap and then traded him again. Those of us who drafted Hilton with the expectation that Luck would come back around Week 5 or 6 at the latest have no such good times.

6 minutes ago, ESquared said:

I have looked at the schedule and commented on it myself in previous posts in this particular thread, including recently debating on whether or not he is droppable. So I'm cognizant of that. That said, I 100% disagree a healthy Luck wouldn't have made a huge difference over freakin' Jacoby Brissett. You have to temper expectations with the former sure but he's at least a legitimate starting option with WR1 potential even in the most daunting of matchups versus being utterly useless with the latter in said matchups.

Anyways, cool story about how you traded Hilton for cheap and then traded him again. Those of us who drafted Hilton with the expectation that Luck would come back around Week 5 or 6 at the latest have no such good times.

Ok, well agree to disagree on that. 

I just thought with Luck coming off shoulder surgery and the complications he seemed to have combined with that crappy offensive line and nasty schedule vs TEN, JAX, BUF, DEN, AND BAL was a sick gauntlet of pass defenses to deal with. Luck needs more support around him. As of right now he's got very little to work with. 

21 minutes ago, throwinsamoan said:

Ok, well agree to disagree on that. 

I just thought with Luck coming off shoulder surgery and the complications he seemed to have combined with that crappy offensive line and nasty schedule vs TEN, JAX, BUF, DEN, AND BAL was a sick gauntlet of pass defenses to deal with. Luck needs more support around him. As of right now he's got very little to work with. 

My point is built around the idea that Luck was healthy when he came back and that was the reason for the lengthy delay in his return. So coming off shoulder surgery and the complications are not part of the discussion - esp. if he came back Week 5 and had time to get into his groove come the rough part of the schedule. Again, I acknowledge the bad ROS and his bad OL. The part of your post I disagree with was you saying: " I just don't think Luck would of made a huge difference anyway ". It would have simply because the difference between Luck and Brissett is massive and even that might be an understatement. Luck/Hilton have a proven track record of succeeding in spite of tough matchups because they are simply that good. Elite at their positions.

In the end, we can agree to disagree because it's all a moot point. So debating this isn't really worth much effort.

Edited by ESquared

All I remember hearing last year was how "hard" his schedule was, and he goes out and leads the league in yardage, even with luck missing time. I'm honestly so tired of the "ROS" bs, when it comes to elite talent its a moot point. The talent is obviously there, he simply is not making as many plays this year. That combined with erratic play at qb brings us to where we are. Ill be honest, I bought him this week straight up for K. Rudolph, with Engram sitting on my bench and needing a win. I just think its worth the gamble considering where his value is at this point. The colts are simply not a good team. Theyre going to be down plenty the rest of the way needing to throw the ball. The opportunity should be there

7 minutes ago, DaBeezNeez said:

All I remember hearing last year was how "hard" his schedule was, and he goes out and leads the league in yardage, even with luck missing time. I'm honestly so tired of the "ROS" bs, when it comes to elite talent its a moot point. The talent is obviously there, he simply is not making as many plays this year. That combined with erratic play at qb brings us to where we are. Ill be honest, I bought him this week straight up for K. Rudolph, with Engram sitting on my bench and needing a win. I just think its worth the gamble considering where his value is at this point. The colts are simply not a good team. Theyre going to be down plenty the rest of the way needing to throw the ball. The opportunity should be there

Luck missed only one game last year. Without him, Hilton is a boom/bust WR3. Good chance for a boom this week, though.

16 hours ago, DaBeezNeez said:

Hilton did lead the league in yardage last year. He also had 5 games under 50 yards with Andrew Luck, which came against very tough defenses - including 1 catch for 20 yards versys KC. Elite talent is nice but matchups are still a huge factor. So bringing up the ROS is hardly bs. Especially, as noted, he does not have Luck and instead has Brissett with a bad OL. Hilton is a fine play this week but ignoring the tough matchups going forward for him would be foolish. Just ask anyone who has owned Hilton this season.

Edited by ESquared
17 hours ago, DaBeezNeez said:

The optimism of a new Hilton owner

27 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

The optimism of a new Hilton owner

I think that about sums it up but at the same time if the Colts can accept that their pass protection is going to be bad, and that Brissett is going to struggle getting the ball out of his hands, they can start game planning different to get the ball in Hilton's hands quicker and he can have some sort of value ROS.  The talent is there, we just need the Colt's to make some adjustments.

1 minute ago, Most Guruist said:

I think that about sums it up but at the same time if the Colts can accept that their pass protection is going to be bad, and that Brissett is going to struggle getting the ball out of his hands, they can start game planning different to get the ball in Hilton's hands quicker and he can have some sort of value ROS.  The talent is there, we just need the Colt's to make some adjustments.

Im starting him this week because I'm a masochist but I have no hope for him ROS

2 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Im starting him this week because I'm a masochist but I have no hope for him ROS

I'm starting him because Will Fuller's value went down the tank with Watson's injury and I'm sure Hilton will do at least slightly better than Keenan Allen on his bye. But yeah, ROS it's no bueno. He's a desperation flex.

(Which is why I hope he has a huge game this week so I can have some hope of trading him for something of value)