NBC Sports EDGE Forums

T.Y. Hilton 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i sent out a trade prop for him and  then cancelled it, i need for the TY owner to literally give up hope. there is a real value to TY but not as high as some people are currently hoping.

Assuming u buy low I think he can be a league winner come playoff time with a Luck return

20 minutes ago, dashoe said:

i sent out a trade prop for him and  then cancelled it, i need for the TY owner to literally give up hope. there is a real value to TY but not as high as some people are currently hoping.

Assuming u buy low I think he can be a league winner come playoff time with a Luck return

Who says Luck is going to return.  And even if he does, how long till he's hurt again?  This is a disaster for Hilton owners.  2nd round bust. 

Abandon ship.  Trade for anything you can get. 

Edited by Funkenstein

5 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Who says Luck is going to return.  And even if he does, how long till he's hurt again?  This is a disaster for Hilton owners.  2nd round bust. 

Abandon ship.  Trade for anything you can get. 

I like to buy early season disasters for cheap if i can with turnaround scenarios.  I think hilton has value even if Luck doesnt return.  i am willing to bet over the course of the next few weeks he and brisset manage to put up some fantasy relevant numbers for at least a wr2 value

16 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I like to buy early season disasters for cheap if i can with turnaround scenarios.  I think hilton has value even if Luck doesnt return.  i am willing to bet over the course of the next few weeks he and brisset manage to put up some fantasy relevant numbers for at least a wr2 value

I play in a 3 wr league and Im gonna need more consistency out of my #2 guy.  'Maybes', and 'mights' and 'coulds' arent going to work for me.

Im trying to deal.  Ill package him with someone else and pay more than I have to just to be rid of him.

Its my fault for not being aware of the Luck situation at the time of my draft.  I botched it, but Im trying like hell to get out of the situation. 

Edited by Funkenstein

18 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I own him in one league and have to hold him as I do believe he could be solid in the second half. I am assuming Luck eventually plays this year. I'm not willing to part with him for dirt cheap.. yet. So that leaves me with....

Trying to trade for this guy cheap in another league and see if his owner is sick of him.  I do believe he could be worth the risk by picking him up for a run at the end of the year.  His talent is still there... they just need to get him the ball.

1 hour ago, jimithing11 said:

Luck out again and seems he's not practicing any time soon. Best case is Luck gets back maybe 5 weeks from now. So we're basically looking at HALF the season with TY on the bench because he's not startable now. Brutal. Can't believe we all wasted a pick.

Where is the best case "5 weeks from now" coming from?

Brissett was better than tolzien. He would typically have practiced a bit with other WRs after they traded for him. He had looks to Aiken if I'm not mistaken. Another week of practice, and another week of him getting used to Hilton being there. 

He did end with 7 targets I believe which is still low for a wr of his caliber. 

I am trying to tell myself he will be fine until Luck gets back but it is hard after 2 weeks. 

FWIW- it seems like the major players at the WR position haven't put up monster numbers through the first 2 weeks either. 

14 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

I play in a 3 wr league and Im gonna need more consistency out of my #2 guy.  'Maybes', and 'mights' and 'coulds' arent going to work for me.

Im trying to deal.  Ill package him with someone else and pay more than I have to just to be rid of him.

Its my fault for not being aware of the Luck situation at the time of my draft.  I botched it, but Im trying like hell to get out of the situation. 

While it is unfortunate from the perspective of those who drafted him (in the 2nd/3rd rounds) with the idea he'd be their #2 guy... from the perspective of someone who tries to buy low on him now as I did in a league it is a great risk reward. I went WR/WR first and I have 2 relatively stable WR1s. I traded for the upside from my flex spot that Hilton can provide if and when Luck returns. Even without Luck I think Hilton will start to produce Flex quality numbers as soon as this week against the Browns. Until Luck returns it will be playing the matchups and moving him in and out of the Flex spot accordingly.

I think from that perspective it's a great opportunity here and I'm a firm believer that unless you have incredible luck with no injuries and perfect draft choices, you make your own luck through taking appropriate risks with season changing rewards. Better than relying on that next waiver pickup to be this year's Jordan Howard or whatever.

15 hours ago, dashoe said:

If you believe that, then I think the time to get him is now. Brissett isn't Luck, but also isn't Tolzien... I could see a performance this week against the Browns that at least gives Hilton owners a glimmer of hope.

Right now, as you can see from this thread, that hope is currently at an all time low. Offering someone low upside but stable floor might be enough to get him. 

FWIW I'm not selling but only because I have him in a league where I was able to snag 2 other solid WR options first. I haven't played him yet and probably won't until he shows something. If I had been forced to play him the past two weeks, the situation would be very different. 

4 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

If you believe that, then I think the time to get him is now. Brissett isn't Luck, but also isn't Tolzien... I could see a performance this week against the Browns that at least gives Hilton owners a glimmer of hope.

Right now, as you can see from this thread, that hope is currently at an all time low. Offering someone low upside but stable floor might be enough to get him. 

FWIW I'm not selling but only because I have him in a league where I was able to snag 2 other solid WR options first. I haven't played him yet and probably won't until he shows something. If I had been forced to play him the past two weeks, the situation would be very different. 

Brissett seems to like Doyle. I think Doyle and Gore are the only two offensive players to benefit on the Colts for right now. You can't trade Hilton for low because if he does start connecting with Brissett you're gonna be kicking yourself for selling him to a player for a mid-range RB/flex. 

26 minutes ago, Steelers0087 said:

I keep telling myself I'm benching him but I don't have another clear options and he plays the browns this week so here we go again.

I sat him last week, but this week against the Browns makes him a decent Flex. Patience is the game... sooner or later he'll get back. 

1 minute ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Brissett seems to like Doyle. I think Doyle and Gore are the only two offensive players to benefit on the Colts for right now. You can't trade Hilton for low because if he does start connecting with Brissett you're gonna be kicking yourself for selling him to a player for a mid-range RB/flex. 

Agreed. I'm not suggesting to sell, I'm saying if I was trying to buy I would buy now

18 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Where is the best case "5 weeks from now" coming from?

He's out at least another month. He has yet to practice. Even if he started practicing this week, he'd need at least 2-4 weeks to get his arm in game shape. 

And to the person who said you should have known better about Luck's situation when drafting, I disagree. I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad. When most drafted, Lucky was likely out Week 1 but everyone figured he'd only miss a few games max. Now it's looking like at least 6.

If we definitively knew that 3 weeks ago and we knew Hilton would basically be a WR5 for the first 6 weeks of the season, there's no way he even cracks the Top 50 in re-drafts.

13 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

He's out at least another month. He has yet to practice. Even if he started practicing this week, he'd need at least 2-4 weeks to get his arm in game shape. 

And to the person who said you should have known better about Luck's situation when drafting, I disagree. I don't think anyone thought it would be this bad. When most drafted, Lucky was likely out Week 1 but everyone figured he'd only miss a few games max. Now it's looking like at least 6.

If we definitively knew that 3 weeks ago and we knew Hilton would basically be a WR5 for the first 6 weeks of the season, there's no way he even cracks the Top 50 in re-drafts.

If he starts practicing next week he could be back by week 5 or 6, so I'm not sure where at least week 7 comes from.

I watched a lot of Week 2 game as I played Palmer on one side of the ball & Hilton on the other.  TY was getting separation from Patrick Peterson all day, but Brisset either didn't throw to him or missed him multiple times. Hopefully a week of tape & practice will help matters. I have to play TY as we start a lot of players in my league. Honestly I'd take 12 points in PPR & celebrate. 

59 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

But what if by the time Luck is ready to go they are 0-7 and they decide to just sit him for the ROS and eval Brisket. Wat do?

Pretty sure fans would riot if Luck was healthy and they sat him just because they had a s---y record. At least that's what I would do. I imagine the fans are pretty pissed they were deceived this whole time. They made it sound like Luck would be a full go for the season. Then that evolved to missing week 1. Now who knows when he'll be back

On 9/19/2017 at 10:34 AM, jimithing11 said:

In a nutshell. I drafted Hilton in my last draft of the year, shortly after it was announced Luck would not go on the PUP. So I saw that as an encouraging sign he'd be back sooner than later. I was thinking Week 4 at the latest. Hilton was there in the 3rd round and I thought I had a steal with someone who'd be a WR1 for the majority of the season. IF I had any idea Luck would be out this long and that Hilton would be useless in the meantime, then year no way do I consider him where I did - much less think it was a steal.

Just now, Most Guruist said:

Plugged him back in the lineup after sitting him for Lynch vs Jets last week.  I've been confident he'd do well in each week so far and that isn't shaken yet.

Sitting him for Lynch was a good idea. Not sure why you want to turn back to Hilton this week. I say this as a Hilton owner.

I started Hilton week 1 and that was a mistake. Benched him Week 2 and glad I did. I'm going to need something more than 4-49, where he was 4th on the team in targets, to plug him back in. If he had gotten Doyle's line, then it'd be a different story.