NBC Sports EDGE Forums

T.Y. Hilton 2017 Season Outlook

FlashGordon401

30 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Sitting him for Lynch was a good idea. Not sure why you want to turn back to Hilton this week. I say this as a Hilton owner.

I started Hilton week 1 and that was a mistake. Benched him Week 2 and glad I did. I'm going to need something more than 4-49, where he was 4th on the team in targets, to plug him back in. If he had gotten Doyle's line, then it'd be a different story. 

It is a non-standard scoring league that punishes non-workhorse backs unless they are breaking off long TD runs.  Week one Hilton got me 26 points with 3/57/0 Lynch had 38 on 18/76/0/1/16.  Week two they tied scores at 23 with Hilton's 4/49/0 and Lynch's 12/45/1/1/4.  Regardless of the FP I think he'll be back closer to his normal 5-6 grabs for 80+ yrds hoping it will be more like 100+ yrds with 1td breaking one of his catches for a long score.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Most Guruist said:

It is a non-standard scoring league that punishes non-workhorse backs unless they are breaking off long TD runs.  Week one Hilton got me 26 points with 3/57/0 Lynch had 38 on 18/76/0/1/16.  Week two they tied scores at 23 with Hilton's 4/49/0 and Lynch's 12/45/1/1/4.  Regardless of the FP I think he'll be back closer to his normal 5-6 grabs for 80+ yrds hoping it will be more like 100+ yrds with 1td breaking one of his catches for a long score.

No clue how Lynch/Hilton have the same # of points in Week 2 but if that's how your league scoring works, then ok. Personally I need to see Hilton have a good game with brissett before I am confident he will put up numbers like that.

I'm just going to trust the best player on the Colts who will be trailing every game is either going to get fed the ball like crazy or break one for a huge TD.  I could see sitting him if you start 2 WRs, but I gotta roll with him as a WR3 with potential to win me my week.   There is decent risk here, but the reward is pretty high too.

2 hours ago, ap0calypse said:

I'm just going to trust the best player on the Colts who will be trailing every game is either going to get fed the ball like crazy or break one for a huge TD.  I could see sitting him if you start 2 WRs, but I gotta roll with him as a WR3 with potential to win me my week.   There is decent risk here, but the reward is pretty high too.

What about the last two weeks makes you feel that way?   They got completely blown out Week 1 and lost Week 2 and he did nothing either week.  Nothing about anything TY does when Luck is benched shows that he will be forcefed.  At this point his floor is bottom basement level and I don't think his upside is that high short of a broken coverage play.  

I'm starting Kearse over him this week and very comfortable doing it. 

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

What about the last two weeks makes you feel that way?   They got completely blown out Week 1 and lost Week 2 and he did nothing either week.  Nothing about anything TY does when Luck is benched shows that he will be forcefed.  At this point his floor is bottom basement level and I don't think his upside is that high short of a broken coverage play.  

Week 1 = Tolzien

Week 2 = Shadowed by Patrick Peterson

Week 3: Home vs. CLE

Which one one of these is not like the others?

2 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

13 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Week 1 = Tolzien

Agree...  You can't just lump the 1st two games as his expectation forward.  He was playing with two different QBs and vs a better defense.  Yes, the Colts o-line sucks, QB is new and probably bad, but how many other WR3s this week have played on an elite level as recent as last year?  I'm aware of the risk, but you can point to 2015 when Luck was out (with a much worse QB) and see he had two decent games out of 7; there is upside.

Edited by ap0calypse

1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Week 1 = Tolzien

How bout in his career without luck Hilton averages 3.9 catches. 60 yards and .2 TDs?  And this was before the last two weeks atrocities. 

But go ahead. Please continue to only look at 2 weeks. 

Edited by GottaGetTheWin

1 hour ago, ap0calypse said:

Agree...  You can't just lump the 1st two games as his expectation forward.  He was playing with two different QBs and vs a better defense.  Yes, the Colts o-line sucks, QB is new and probably bad, but how many other WR3s this week have played on an elite level as recent as last year?  I'm aware of the risk, but you can point to 2015 when Luck was out (with a much worse QB) and see he had two decent games out of 7; there is upside.

See above. Hilton is not elite without luck and I say this as a Hilton owner. 

Edited by GottaGetTheWin

10 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

How bout in his career without luck Hilton averages 3.9 catches. 60 yards and .2 TDs?  And this was before the last two weeks atrocities. 

But go ahead. Please continue to only look at 2 weeks. 

Even those averages give him double digit PPR points. And he's facing CLE. At home. 

If you have better options, start them. Just don't complain that fantasy football is "unpredictable" when he blows up on your bench this week. 

And if he doesn't, I won't complain for having started him. 

I'm rolling out Higgins in my flex over Hilton. I think the former will have a nice PPR game and would rather not risk Hilton has a 4-40-0 game. I could be totally wrong and Hilton has a nice game, and part of me hopes he does so I can have confidence in him going forward, but I need to see him have a nice game before I trust him rather than make excuses as to why he didn't the last two. 

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Even those averages give him double digit PPR points. And he's facing CLE. At home. 

If you have better options, start them. Just don't complain that fantasy football is "unpredictable" when he blows up on your bench this week. 

If your wr3 in a 1 pt ppr is getting 10 points in a 12 team league you are on the lower end of expectations.  Even kearse is projected to get more than that in yahoo. 

1 hour ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Still not following Kearse being a better option than rolling the dice with TY Hilton. 

Never said he was better. Just don't think he is any worse. 

Kearse seens to be getting a fair amount of red zone looks. Getting a good amount of targets. Playing with a better qb than Hilton is.  

This has nothing to do with TY and everything to do with the garbage the Colts are putting out there.   

Maybe brissett is competent enoigh enough to make hilton have value and he just needs more time to learn the system since he's been there what? 3 weeks? 

I hope ty goes bonkers this week. I really do but if he does it will be on my bench and I will be alright with that. 

2 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Bassd on YAhoo WR projections for this week only....if every receiver scored their projected points and TY scored his career averages without luck he would be WR 68. 

Remember that the experts are trying to mess with your head, because they've got big $ at stake.

Bench Sammy Watkins because there's no chemistry with Goff. Oops.

Bench TY Hilton because of a bad QB. Oops.

Bench Stefon Diggs because Case Keenum is the QB. Oops oops.

Just follow your gut. Ignore what you read, because most of that is designed to get people to do the wrong thing so that the writer can win his money league.

12 hours ago, bsong71 said:

Remember that the experts are trying to mess with your head, because they've got big $ at stake.

Bench Sammy Watkins because there's no chemistry with Goff. Oops.

Bench TY Hilton because of a bad QB. Oops.

Bench Stefon Diggs because Case Keenum is the QB. Oops oops.

Just follow your gut. Ignore what you read, because most of that is designed to get people to do the wrong thing so that the writer can win his money league.

I mean I was starting him this week and was talking about his upside versus that Browns.  This game obviously showed that upside, but it was just a possible result.  It was certainly a riskier play.

1 hour ago, Dead Money said:

Been too afraid to fire him up cuz of the QB stuff...he would have won the game for me this weekend :(

So...after he blew up this week is he a must start now ?

Next week in Seattle seems scary on paper?

He will absolutely be a riskier play next week, but he's shown or rather Brissett has, that he's no longer a must sit/WR4 with Luck out.