NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

Just now, joshua18 said:

Not ridiculous. I'm betting against the history of RB holdouts in the past 10 years. We'll revisit this in December. 

So why don't you bet against the history of RBs with a track record of under a year? 

I will have no need to. I don't feel the need to call out people every time they make an incorrect pick. I can make an exception if you would like.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

So why don't you bet against the history of RBs with a track record of under a year? 

I will have no need to. I don't feel the need to call out people every time they make an incorrect pick. I can make an exception if you would like.

There's a difference between respectfully disagreeing with a take versus calling it "laughable", "a d--- joke" as you did. It's disrespectful and deserves to get called out when wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Because that would lead to league-losing decisions like fading DJ last year, or fading Bell in 2014 (as many did). 

Apart from DJ there is no RB I feel comfortable about taking before the end of the third round. 

24 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Even if at the end of the year its DJ,Bell, Ajayi. I don't think taking the third ranked rb over the second is ridiculous. Please call me out in December. Please! I cant wait to eat crow. 

13 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The offense is too good? The f you talking about?

Miami will move the ball this year. Parker, Stills, Landry are excellent wideouts. Cutler isn't a savior but has proven he can move an offense when given weapons.

I love people like you who leave stupid comments like "What the f are you talking about" without elaborating on what your disagreement is. 

Man people in are getting their pin-feathers in an up-roar in here.  Is it because the pressure is apparant with drafts right around the corner?  

I thought Cooks was the most polarizing player to evaluate and discuss on this forum but it look like Ajayi has taken the top spot.

I see the pros and cons of taking him but man I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on him inside the top 5.

Top 5?  Heck even top 8.  That means your drafting him over stud guys with historical established production....AJ Green, Jordy, Evans for example.....and yet with RB there are so few 3-down backs...WR is much deeper....you want to lock up at least one RB getting 90-100 percent touches in the backfield.

Edited by theSPANKER
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

Not ridiculous. I'm betting against Bell largely because the history of RB holdouts in the past 10 years, and I'm betting that he'll never come close to the season he just had. We'll revisit this in December. 

MJD was a bad one (for him) that I recall off top of head, and I've thought about it often and why I'll likely fade Bell in auction. Any others you can remind me of? 

8 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Man people in are getting their pin-feathers in an up-roar in here.  Is it because the pressure is apparant with drafts right around the corner?  

I thought Cooks was the most polarizing player to evaluate and discuss on this forum but it look like Ajayi has taken the top spot.

I see the pros and cons of taking him but man I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on him inside the top 5.

Top 5?  Heck even top 8.  That means your drafting him over stud guys with historical established production....AJ Green, Jordy, Evans for example.....and yet with RB there are so few 3-down backs...WR is much deeper....you want to lock up at least one RB getting 90-100 percent touches in the backfield.

It's not a problem with Ajayi. It's a problem with people saying he should be top 5, is better than Bell, and is a top 3 RB.

1 hour ago, raidaz18 said:

Miami will move the ball this year. Parker, Stills, Landry are excellent wideouts. Cutler isn't a savior but has proven he can move an offense when given weapons.

I love people like you who leave stupid comments like "What the f are you talking about" without elaborating on what your disagreement is. 

What do I need to elaborate on? Why their offense isn't good? Fine.

They have a QB who has never thrown for 4,000 yards and is beyond weak mentally and a bad leader. This is a QB who had far better weapons than now. Two huge legit WR 1s and a top 5 all around back at the time. No their WRs are no excellent. In fact, they easily have a WR group in the bottom 3rd and I have no idea where you'd draw such a conclusion. Landry is the only one that has shown to be worth a damn but is no end zone threat, Parker is all hype and hasn't proven anything, and Stills had one fluke year. They have a line that is solid at best but has proven to be injury prone. 

Their offense is "average" at the very best. That's it. More likely, it's bottom 3rd in the NFL.

1 hour ago, raidaz18 said:

Landry is solid but yet the Dolphins haven't locked him up long term, Parker is a former first round pick that has been immature, injury prone, and hasn't lived up to his draft pick, and Stills is a journeyman. Let's not get carried away.

17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What do I need to elaborate on? Why their offense isn't good? Fine.

They have a QB who has never thrown for 4,000 yards and is beyond weak mentally and a bad leader. This is a QB who had far better weapons than now. Two huge legit WR 1s and a top 5 all around back at the time. No their WRs are no excellent. In fact, they easily have a WR group in the bottom 3rd and I have no idea where you'd draw such a conclusion. Landry is the only one that has shown to be worth a damn but is no end zone threat, Parker is all hype and hasn't proven anything, and Stills had one fluke year. They have a line that is solid at best but has proven to be injury prone. 

Their offense is "average" at the very best. That's it. More likely, it's bottom 3rd in the NFL.

Who knows more about whether a WR is good, you or NFL CB's?

I've heard interviews with opposing DB's saying Still's is one of the toughest covers in the league because of his ability to get behind a defense and big play ability.

Parker is hype? OK man keep thinking that, I'll give you that he has a lot to prove but it also would be to no surprise of anyone who knows what he's capable of when blows up this year with a QB who can throw the ball deep with the best of them.

Landry is as solid as they come. For you to say that Miami doesn't have good WR's is a complete joke and I highly doubt anyone who's involved playing or coaching at the NFL level would agree with that rediculous statement.

Edited by raidaz18

All I know is that in from the 35 leagues or so in which I own Ajayi, I got about 18 trade offers for him this morning.  The only one I almost took was Fournette and Cook for Ajayi--but he had come to his senses and rescinded the offer by the time I saw it.  Most of the others were for like Rishard Matthews and Eric Ebron.

Nope.

3 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

I really hope people draft Ajayi in the top 5...I'll gladly take their money. 

Lol, yikes... would love to draft with you!

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Landry is solid but yet the Dolphins haven't locked him up long term, Parker is a former first round pick that has been immature, injury prone, and hasn't lived up to his draft pick, and Stills is a journeyman. Let's not get carried away.

Yes... don't believe in Miami's offense because a player is immature... just like that Odell and Dez fellow.

Terrible offenses, terrible players!

Edited by ponza88

Drafting tonight and have a gut feeling guys at the turn this year are gonna end up with Ajayi coupled with Thomas, Green, Howard, or whatever and come years end, those teams will be the same or better than the guys drafting 1-4.

Some guys are just plain hard to tackle and I want those guys on my team.

Ajayi reminds me of Dickerson a little, dude punishes defenders yet has a knack to be graceful when needed. Those afraid of taking him top overall are either 1.dumb, or 2. have never seen him play

On 8/27/2017 at 7:02 AM, CharlesHustle said:

Drafting tonight and have a gut feeling guys at the turn this year are gonna end up with Ajayi coupled with Thomas, Green, Howard, or whatever and come years end, those teams will be the same or better than the guys drafting 1-4.

Some guys are just plain hard to tackle and I want those guys on my team.

Ajayi reminds me of Dickerson a little, dude punishes defenders yet has a knack to be graceful when needed. Those afraid of taking him top overall are either 1.dumb, or 2. have never seen him play

So those that don't agree with you are dumb? Interesting...

There is a ton of concern with Ajayi for his ADP and the bust risk is up there. If he is such a beast why was he so dependent on the line and also had very high inconsistency.

On 8/25/2017 at 11:20 AM, joshua18 said:

Not ridiculous. I'm betting against Bell largely because the history of RB holdouts in the past 10 years, and I'm betting that he'll never come close to the season he just had. We'll revisit this in December. 

Bell's already busted the 2nd year RB curse and the suspended player curse. I'm betting on him busting the RB holdout curse too.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic