NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

2 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

I assumed it was obvious, but I suppose I should have clarified for the class that I was referring to recently.  I had hoped using a QB who's only been in the league for 3 years would have eliminated the 2006 season for LT and the 2011 season for V.Jax rebuttals but, here we are.

If you want to talk about things that happened a decade ago as if they have any relevance to River's for 2017, be my guest.

Once upon a time Rivers was a solid QB, and he can quite possibly return to that form.  But as of today I present you this:

Over the last 2 years:

QB#1:

1,231 passing attempts

9,002 total yards

63 total TDs

34 INT

8 Pick 6's

8 NFL Wins

QB#2:

1,240 passing attempts

9,246 total yards

62 total TDs

34 INT

8 Pick 6's

9 NFL Wins

One is Bortles, One is Rivers.

How they obtained these stats is obviously in question.  Bortles is nowhere near the QB River's is when looking at their 'careers' on the whole, but "We're talking fantasy here." and in that regard, I don't give a damn about what Rivers did 5-10 years ago.  More importantly, I never said River's hasn't produced fantasy studs, I said he's failed to produce any more than Cutler has, despite being a far better QB than him.  Ergo, my point, was the quality of QB (to a degree) is irrelevant in the discussion of RB success.

Let me dumb that down one step further to be crystal clear, since I can already tell we're getting ready to go down some idiotic homer fanboi bull in no time.

Cutler will not effect the success of Ajayi any more or less than Rivers will effect the success of Gordon.  Therefor it's a moot point when deciding between them.

That's my point.

Oh, thank goodness you've dumbed down an already dumb post.  As if we needed any more stupidity.  A huge problem with your 'point' is that it eliminates all the details surrounding the season, and focuses solely on the end year statistics.  Is that really how you perceive players?  Sure, for fantasy purposes Rivers was no better than Bortles the past two years.  Do you believe that means that they're equal caliber QB's?  Or that defenses scheme around them the same because their stats were close to the same last year? L-O-L.  How many of those stats did Bortles accrue in his garbage time glory two years ago.  And how many of these game were Rivers and the Chargers close?  You love your stats, but they hardly illustrate the entire picture...unless it's just your narrative.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler will be fine for Ajayi.  However, we will probably see Cutler to go down with a hurt pinky/shoulder after a couple games.  theres no way he lasts a full season, jmo.  Ajayi went at #6 in my draft, right after Gordon fwiw.  McCoy actually dropped to end of 1st.  Highest floor seems to be the trend this year 1st round.  its a toss up gut feeling.  nobody knows how each situation will play out. 

So with the news that the Dolphins and Bucs game is postponed this week and they'll now be playing on their bye week, is anyone concerned about Ajayi running out there for 16 straight weeks? I have a draft tonight and was pretty set on picking him at 6 but now with this news I may be fading him. 

I feel like the bye week is crucial for rest during a brutal season, and this schedule change will be particularly grueling on the trench players like the linemen and running backs. 

I'm definitely some worried about a violent runner like him going 16 straight weeks but it definitely wouldn't prevent me from drafting him. No different really then those week 2 bye weeks teams had. 

Bye week is very helpful during the year to deal with minor dings, so yeah I wouldn't like this as an owner of Dolphins or Bucs. But I wouldn't go overboard on downgrading them either. I love Ajayi and still do

2 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

So with the news that the Dolphins and Bucs game is postponed this week and they'll now be playing on their bye week, is anyone concerned about Ajayi running out there for 16 straight weeks? I have a draft tonight and was pretty set on picking him at 6 but now with this news I may be fading him. 

I feel like the bye week is crucial for rest during a brutal season, and this schedule change will be particularly grueling on the trench players like the linemen and running backs. 

Go elsewhere with that pick. 16 straight is crazy especially when the run game there depends on the health of the O-Line. They have struggled when they are not healthy (can be said for a lot of teams). There is probably better value at the 6 spot

On 9/1/2017 at 5:35 PM, kdko said:

Oh, thank goodness you've dumbed down an already dumb post.  As if we needed any more stupidity.  A huge problem with your 'point' is that it eliminates all the details surrounding the season, and focuses solely on the end year statistics.  Is that really how you perceive players?  Sure, for fantasy purposes Rivers was no better than Bortles the past two years.  Do you believe that means that they're equal caliber QB's?  Or that defenses scheme around them the same because their stats were close to the same last year? L-O-L.  How many of those stats did Bortles accrue in his garbage time glory two years ago.  And how many of these game were Rivers and the Chargers close?  You love your stats, but they hardly illustrate the entire picture...unless it's just your narrative.

Hey man give the guy credit for his mad statistical manipulation skills

He actually made Blake bortles look good for a second there

I'm a Dolphins fan and Ajayi owner. I just picked up Drake and would caution other owners to do the same. I am VERY worried about Ajayi holding up for 16 straight games. Drake has looked "starter" good in the preseason. I'm taking my shot with him.

18 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

0% chance Ajayi holds up playing 16 straight games 

5 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

You could say this about literally any running back

3 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

I'm a Dolphins fan and Ajayi owner. I just picked up Drake and would caution other owners to do the same. I am VERY worried about Ajayi holding up for 16 straight games. Drake has looked "starter" good in the preseason. I'm taking my shot with him.

maybe he holds up the full 16 because they spell him with Drake a bit more, considering the no bye scenario ... so, instead of 80% of the load, maybe he now gets 70% - seems feasible, and makes sense from the long haul perspective. 

17 minutes ago, mdw5048 said:

Wouldn't it be a timeshare between Drake and Williams?

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

0% chance Ajayi holds up playing 16 straight games 

Don't dodge... Based on?? (Don't say his Knee... overblown).

Edited by ponza88
1 hour ago, owenmills said:

Bye week is very helpful during the year to deal with minor dings, so yeah I wouldn't like this as an owner of Dolphins or Bucs. But I wouldn't go overboard on downgrading them either. I love Ajayi and still do

With Martin I do not mind because he is resting until week 5 

So what happens with Week 1 points?

This game is postponed... but do we keep the players in our starting lineups for this week if we wanted the points to register when they play on their bye?

Or do I have to sit them this week? (I own Parker and Ajayi)

Just now, ponza88 said:

This game is postponed... but do we keep the players in our starting lineups for this week if we wanted the points to register when they play on their bye?

Week 1 is now a bye = no points.

Week 11 is now the game = points

Just now, ponza88 said:

Whoever was the person who said there's no such thing as a dumb question....they lied.

Just now, burninglegs said:

Week 1 is now a bye = no points.

Week 11 is now the game = points

f---......... So that means if you own Parker and Ajayi, you may lose your week 1 matchup.

Great start to the season.

1 minute ago, GriffeySwag said:

Whoever was the person who said there's no such thing as a dumb question....they lied.

Thank you for that.

Just now, ponza88 said:

f---......... So that means if you own Parker and Ajayi, you may lose your week 1 matchup.

Great start to the season.

No it means they have a bye week in week 1, so you substitute one of your other players in. Also means that when week 11 happens, you will be able to play them and not have them on the bench for a bye week.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic