NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Did anybody watching the game Sunday see a play where he might have gotten dinged? Hopefully just a maintenance thing.

Did he need to actually get dinged? He had like 30 carries on a knee that was already supposedly hurting. He probably needs to take every day off practice to have any hope of lasting the season

6 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

ya I'm a little more concerned when the guy has a history of serious knee problems and hes complaining of knee pain.

Yeah I'm with you, but the knee history thing is a bit overblown IMO.

The injury in question happened in 2011 and he's had 1100+ touches in college and the NFL since.

If anyone here doesn't trust the Dolphins, a multi-million dollar business and all of it's resources with their due diligence on that knee, then I would be looking to get Ajayi off my roster if I were you.

Edited by yahyahtrick

6 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

ya I'm a little more concerned when the guy has a history of serious knee problems and hes complaining of knee pain.

I hear ya but he's too good to do anything about it. It's not worth trading and losing value. Any RB could go down at any time. 

2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

He's getting 25+ touches a game and has no bye week, expect a lot of DNPs Weds-Thurs. 

I was totally okay with Wed but I was expecting him to practice today. I think two days in a row indicates that's he's actually a little dinged up and that yesterday was more than just a rest day. 

Edited by yahyahtrick

Some of ya'll need a chill pill! Hes going to eat this weekend!!

Dolphins coach Adam Gase said Jay Ajayi's knee injury is not serious.

Advice: Ajayi was given the day off Wednesday, but there was never much concern about his availability for this week. Ajayi is a high-end RB1 against a Jets defense which is likely to be without Muhammad Wilkerson.

if ajayi is out, drake and williams may be in a timeshare but the guy you would start is drake.  anyone who has watched williams run knows he is terrible.  drake looked pretty effective actually in preseason.  that is why drake is the handcuff.  

Edited by kp96

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic