NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

CL3VELANDBR0WNS

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, bigdevo1 said:

As you can see I'm all in on the dolphins offense this year. The defense is better but not great and with their schedule they will be in some high scoring affairs.

I'm all in on Cutler.   I also think he will lead Landry to the end zone.   Parker and Landry should be cash cows this year.

So the general consensus is that Jay has a knee issue that likely will not go away. The knee issue will probably force him to sit out at least one day in practice each week. Especially considering the bye week as already passed. The chance of him sitting out a full week before now and end of season is pretty high. 

The cuff situation is a little muddled as it would likely be a tryout between Drake and Williams. Tho it seems more people think Drake would win the job. Regardless, the carries would likely be split between those two players if Jay does miss a game. 

So Jay owners should have atleast one other startable RB on their team just in case, but it may not be worth a roster spot to cuff with either Drake or Williams. 

He's fine for now.  Until we hear of MRI or new, real structural damage, you keep rolling him out there.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/12/05/nfl-injuries-recovery-allen-robinson-justin-forsett-cameron-jordan-ryan-harris

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14564481/how-nfl-players-play-pain

Be prudent though.  Always check inactives and the pregame reports.  It wouldn't be the first time a team has hid their intentions during the week.  But given what we know right now, he is good.

Edited by kp96

11 hours ago, Axe Elf said:

I am sporting a Jay Ajayi centerpiece in something like 17 out of 27 managed leagues and a similar proportion of my 33 Draft Masters leagues--so he's either going to go down for the year in one of the next couple of weeks, or he's going to be a top 5 RB on the season.

Kiss of death issued. Everyone run for the hills and sell all shares of Ajayi you have.

Are there any risks to Ajayi playing with these issues i.e. increased risk of ligament damage? Or is it just more of a pain tolerance thing?

Can't help but to think that every Drake will win a ton of leagues this year if Ajayi officially goes down.

3 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

What's the deal with this guys' knee? and whose the pickup if he gets injured? Williams or Kenyan?

Thats the problem. Williams technically the direct back up but have heard from the staff that they would hope Kenyan could turn into the workhorse if Ajayi went down. The overwhelming likelihood is it would be an even split making an Ajayi handcuff probably not worth owning. Pick up a Carson/Chris age-old Johnson instead and hope you don't have to use him

3 hours ago, yahyahtrick said:

Oh you mean another player you didn't own but a thread you actively visited to brag about your extensive knowledge of the knee?

Grown adults seeking out "I told you so's" on the Internet ?

Looks like the only grown adult is you and your positive attitude

1 hour ago, nb009 said:

Are there any risks to Ajayi playing with these issues i.e. increased risk of ligament damage? Or is it just more of a pain tolerance thing?

Can't help but to think that every Drake will win a ton of leagues this year if Ajayi officially goes down.

well he probably won't bc he isn't good. Jay is a damn good back who passes the eye and stat test. Back up scrub McGee wont do nearly as well

5 hours ago, cbe_88 said:

Thats the problem. Williams technically the direct back up but have heard from the staff that they would hope Kenyan could turn into the workhorse if Ajayi went down. The overwhelming likelihood is it would be an even split making an Ajayi handcuff probably not worth owning. Pick up a Carson/Chris age-old Johnson instead and hope you don't have to use him

where did the staff say this?

6 minutes ago, hines said:

where did the staff say this?

It was not recently it was further back this past offseason. In reference to hoping drake could be a backup workhorse rb despite his size if Ajayi ever went down. But I'm sure williams would be just as involved if Ajayi went down. Regardless, I don't think any Miami back would be worth owning if Ajayi went down. A very muddled handcuff situation.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic