NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These handcuff discussions seem so ridiculous to me. Not even Adam Gase knows how the situation would shake out should Ajayi go down. If don't even their coach knows, how should we? Both Williams and Drake will get touches and whoever is more effective will run away with the job. If both suck it will be a RBBC not worth owning.

Same can be said for Zeke handcuff situation. Garrett doesn't even know it right now, so how should we? Both Morris and DMC would get carries and whoever looks better will get the bulk. Could also be ugly RBBC if both suck.

Or just look what the Cardinals did when DJ went down: Kerwynn Williams started the first game, the next game it was CJ2k whom they cut in camp and who is now the official starter. Best bet to produce is none of them, but Red Jesus Andre Ellington of all people!

Only true must-have handcuffs are Tevin Coleman and Derrick Henry.

I heard somewhere he spent 7 years living in London and will have 30-40 family and friends in attendance.That may not mean anything but I think he's been looking forward to this and will do everything possible to play.

The Dolphins plan to limit Jay Ajayi on third downs.

Advice: "Jay is our horse, but third down is a good time to rest him because we have two guys that can really catch and make big plays," OC Clyde Christensen said. "It gives us a chance to breathe Jay." Ajayi lost pass-down work to Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake last week and it sounds like that will continue to be the trend. It's not much of a threat to his workload, but Miami is looking for ways to keep Ajayi healthy over the next 14 weeks. Coming off a down game, Ajayi should rebound in a narrative-street matchup with the Saints in London.

9 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

The Dolphins plan to limit Jay Ajayi on third downs.

Advice: "Jay is our horse, but third down is a good time to rest him because we have two guys that can really catch and make big plays," OC Clyde Christensen said. "It gives us a chance to breathe Jay." Ajayi lost pass-down work to Damien Williams and Kenyan Drake last week and it sounds like that will continue to be the trend. It's not much of a threat to his workload, but Miami is looking for ways to keep Ajayi healthy over the next 14 weeks. Coming off a down game, Ajayi should rebound in a narrative-street matchup with the Saints in London.

That's not good news for his owners.

His running stats are already inconsistent as demonstrated last year and at the start of this year. A bunch of sub 5 point games is the last thing you want from a running back you took in the top 15 and in some cases top 10.

Sell while you still can. His body won't hold up over the course of 16 straight games with no week off. Now that he's having third down work taken away, I expect mid RB2 numbers. I'd rather have Mixon than Ajayi ROS if that says anything.

2 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

Sell while you still can. His body won't hold up over the course of 16 straight games with no week off. Now that he's having third down work taken away, I expect mid RB2 numbers. I'd rather have Mixon than Ajayi ROS if that says anything.

This whole 16 straight is kinda funny to me why even draft him if you are that worried. Strong hold for me 

6 minutes ago, kco734 said:

This whole 16 straight is kinda funny to me why even draft him if you are that worried. Strong hold for me 

I didn't. I avoided him like the plague. Same went for Lamar Miller. They were DND's for me unless they dropped to rounds 4-5.

Edited by CamNewton

jay cutler actually making the team worst than it is. 

they had the ball in the redzone at the 5, instead of letting ajayi run it in, he chucks it into an interception.  

The fins suck.  They need a new offensive coordinator and a new playbook.  I'm an amateur and I can tell right away if the play is a run or a pass.  How do u put up a stinker against both the jets and the saints in back to back weeks?  What an embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, pfresh said:

they had the ball in the redzone at the 5, instead of letting ajayi run it in, he chucks it into an interception.  

Does Jay Cutler call the plays? ball was on the back shoulder, not perfect, but certainty not a classic Jay Cutty Int 

Edited by JSA2422
4 minutes ago, pfresh said:

Cutler didnt call the play.. the coaches did. But agreed, run at RZ

6 minutes ago, pfresh said:

this game had some of the worst playcalling ive ever seen, the gase/cutler combo is horrifying.

Well, titans next week and I really don't think Ayaji is startable in that game. They're going to be down the entire game and he's not the passing down back anymore. What a terrible first round pick........

23 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

Well, titans next week and I really don't think Ayaji is startable in that game. They're going to be down the entire game and he's not the passing down back anymore. What a terrible first round pick........

hey dude he was a gamble based on a sample size that included 3 200yrd games. hard to pass that up. so much potential up side there. 

i dont think anyone saw this coming. MIA as a whole is a dumpster fire- a lot of talent but they're not firing off like they should be. maybe the OC finds his head plattered if things don't turn around next week. 

its typical of the entire league this year bro. if you have julio/evans/brown/bell/howard/ODB/ cooper/ your saying the same thing. 

it's been a bit of a train wreck for elite RBs/WRs fantasy wise this year. 

Edited by bigfatandugly
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic