NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Slayer0854 said:

Anyone rolling him out against Atlanta? Wondering if they'll go down quickly and running game becomes irrelevant... Need this guy to show eventually or gonna have to put Coleman or D. Johnson ahead of him

I'm starting him in my flex. Duke Johnson has already surpassed him in my lineup, but to me this is his last chance to show something. I'm really only starting him because I'm projected to lose by about 20 points and I'm holding out hope for one of those 200 yard games...

2 hours ago, Slayer0854 said:

Anyone rolling him out against Atlanta? Wondering if they'll go down quickly and running game becomes irrelevant... Need this guy to show eventually or gonna have to put Coleman or D. Johnson ahead of him

Scared to death of him this week. Meanwhile, he's being ranked as an RB1.

I picked up the ATL D this week thinking:

1) ATL well rested after a bye week

2) At home

3) D. Parker dinged

4) Getting V. Beasley back

5) Cutler a mess

6) Ajayi useless in blowout

If I  believe in the ATL D pick up and that ATL offense experiences much in the  way of positive game script then I should probably sit Ajayi.

Don't see a lot of upside here at all.

Oh, and then there's this ongoing knee issue (which I'm sure one of these weeks has him leave a game).

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

Scared to death of him this week. Meanwhile, he's being ranked as an RB1.

I picked up the ATL D this week thinking:

1) ATL well rested after a bye week

2) At home

3) D. Parker dinged

4) Getting V. Beasley back

5) Cutler a mess

6) Ajayi useless in blowout

If I  believe in the ATL D pick up and that ATL offense experiences much in the  way of positive game script then I should probably sit Ajayi.

Don't see a lot of upside here at all.

Oh, and then there's this ongoing knee issue (which I'm sure one of these weeks has him leave a game).

I'm right there with you and I think I'm playing Atlanta and Ajayi. That way I won't be too upset when Ajayi craps the bed. If he goes off... well I'm not gonna be too upset about that either.

13 minutes ago, dschddny said:

So does ANYONE think he's a "buy low" candidate with the chance to actually bounce back THIS year?

Buy low in what aspect?

Do I think he will improve? He should because he will get TDs eventually.

However, everything else said in this thread earlier still holds. He is a RB2. If you can get him for pennies yes he is a buy low otherwise no he will not return  his value.

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Buy low in what aspect?

Do I think he will improve? He should because he will get TDs eventually.

However, everything else said in this thread earlier still holds. He is a RB2. If you can get him for pennies yes he is a buy low otherwise no he will not return  his value.

Good reply!  right so of course not expecting "first round RB" value with the way the offense is.  If he's an RB2 that's a decent improvement.  My offer that I might be making for him would be Montgomery and ADP for Ajayi.  Figuring that Montgomery's role is decreasing now and ADP is such a big unknown.  But wondering if I'm giving too much and overvaluing Ajayi...

26 minutes ago, affliction said:

Is anyone who drafted this guy doing well? Picking him over Gurley and Fournette has killed me in 1 league

Im not doing well. He kinda ducks in ppr right now. 

Someone called him "Jag Ajayi" awhile back. I really like that nickname. 

On 10/4/2017 at 8:27 AM, oliminator123 said:

This guy was the most overrated running back of the year.

Dude was trash in 11/15 games last year, and did all of his yardage in 4 games. Sell while he still has name value.

He had only 4 games above 100 rushing yards last year. Taking those 4 games out, the other 11 games he averaged 48 ypg and 3.4ypc.

1 hour ago, affliction said:

Is anyone who drafted this guy doing well? Picking him over Gurley and Fournette has killed me in 1 league

Im 4-1, but I took him as my second RB, so him not being my rb1 helps me some. I've also had some luck with my opponents having bad weeks when I played them. 

Edited by Jewelz0376
26 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

LMAO butt, butt, you just said that last week. His value was already gone south. Your comment would have had a higher weighing had you said it before WEEK1 or even WEEK2, but at WEEK 5? nooooo..

51 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

LMAO butt, butt, you just said that last week. His value was already gone south. Your comment would have had a higher weighing had you said it before WEEK1 or even WEEK2, but at WEEK 5? nooooo..

Well I needed proof to back up my claim :P I try not to be one of those people who makes baseless claims off of nothing. 

2 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Wow, dropped and the #4 waiver claim was able to get him? lol

His owner got really mad at him over the weekend (had Martin on the bench) and complained for  awhile in chat before dropping him on Tuesday. I didn't think the #4 waiver would do it, but I guess they bought his original owner's argument that he was a bust. His trash becomes my stash...

Edited by altmin
2 hours ago, affliction said:

Sadly, I am 2-3 after I grabbed him with the 10th pick in my standard 12 man team. His first game was solid based on volume alone, but it went all downhill from there.

I also picked Todd Gurley with my first pick last year, and he also sunk my team. But Ajayi is looking like he will have a worse season than 2016 Gurley.

When the OC throws on first and goal with a turnover prone, washed up QB instead of feeding Ajayi the rock, you know its gonna be a disappointing season.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic