Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Just rewatch the game and compare both OL. Ajayi got hit immediately after the handoff, while the Ravens RB Collins could just run straight through huge holes for massive gains. It's all about circumstances and opportunity. I like Ajayi's talent, but he seems to be a fantasy bust this year thanks to a dysfunctional offense with a bad OL. But people who call him a bum, slow or toast don't know anything about football at all. Gladly drafting him next year at a huge discount. They can't get any worse and in the NFL things can change quickly, see Rams!

Edited by frog34
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have the type of games he did last year if you suck. There was a correlation last year between his big games and the health of the OL though(imagine that). This team is a disaster this year and unfortunately for his owners I don't see it getting much better, although getting Cutler back has to help a little. Moore looked pathetic

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kaesr said:

 

3rd round? He shouldn't have been drafted at all as it turned out. Still, I wish I had encountered you before I drafted this bum. You probably could have saved me from Demaryius Thomas, Cam Newton  and Ty Montgomery as well.

I actually could have. Trusting a wide receiver with no QB is a death sentence. And TyMo would have been fine if he didn't get injured. Odds are pretty good that Jones wouldn't have done anything this year if he didn't get injured. Cam I will never, ever trust. 

 

I know you're being sarcastic but I'll still stick with my guns. I don't own any of those 4 in any of my leagues. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I actually could have. Trusting a wide receiver with no QB is a death sentence. And TyMo would have been fine if he didn't get injured. Odds are pretty good that Jones wouldn't have done anything this year if he didn't get injured. Cam I will never, ever trust. 

 

I know you're being sarcastic but I'll still stick with my guns. I don't own any of those 4 in any of my leagues. 

 

I was being sarcastic, but only in a joking sort of way. I wasn't crazy about Thomas  either, but he seemed like a good risk in the 5th round. Regarding WRs with no QB, that seemed to be the case in Houston as well but things have turned out OK for Hopkins. I thought Newton was a good bounce back candidate in the middle rounds, but I was wrong about that as well.  In any case, I will be looking for your preseason posts next year for sure!

Link to post
Share on other sites

When a team gets beat 40-0 in a game with a couple of pick sixes you can bet the starting RB was a very small part of the problem. Kinda like AP last week with the Cardinals. 

 

That said, I had no idea the Dolphins would be this awful on offense this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

when your offensive line coach gets busted for doing whatever he did, it just shows u the leadership of this team. granted he is no longer with the organization, just shows you what was important and what is not. and obviously, offensive line related was not a priority on thier agenda.

 

but it is safe to say, ajayi is a bust. probably bust of the year if you ask me. top 5 in most leagues right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, championship or bust said:

when your offensive line coach gets busted for doing whatever he did, it just shows u the leadership of this team. granted he is no longer with the organization, just shows you what was important and what is not. and obviously, offensive line related was not a priority on thier agenda.

 

but it is safe to say, ajayi is a bust. probably bust of the year if you ask me. top 5 in most leagues right?

I think his ADP was between 7-12, depending on the league. He is definitely the biggest bust of the year by far.

 

Murray is a close second as he was drafted around the same place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LMAO. The coach went straight nuclear on his team's performance yesterday, especially Ajayi's. But when you're an "offensive guru" like Adam Gase, and your team doesn't show up and scores 0 points, when does this fall on your shoulders, coach?

 

When do you say "I could've done a better job preparing these guys and we will get back to work" instead of throwing them under the bus?

 

The sooner they fire Gase, the better. This team is as big a fraud as anyone.

 

Ajayi's stock is rock bottom. I'd sell if I could still.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a major bust the first half of season and Adam Gase is obviously disgruntled at  Ajayi lack of effort, study habits prior to game, and ineffectiveness (averaging 3.4 yards per carry and onl 1 TD). 

 

Given we’ve seen Ajayi as a guy who plays on emotions/confidence (rmr Gase calles him out last year too, and wasn’t even starting to begin season, Arian Foster was), I wouldn’t be surprised if Gase makes a change at RB and try given Kenyan Drake or the other RB (forgot name) some major reps at RB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sp12 said:

Been a major bust the first half of season and Adam Gase is obviously disgruntled at  Ajayi lack of effort, study habits prior to game, and ineffectiveness (averaging 3.4 yards per carry and onl 1 TD). 

 

Given we’ve seen Ajayi as a guy who plays on emotions/confidence (rmr Gase calles him out last year too, and wasn’t even starting to begin season, Arian Foster was), I wouldn’t be surprised if Gase makes a change at RB and try given Kenyan Drake or the other RB (forgot name) some major reps at RB. 

 

Gase should be more concerned with his s---y O-line. Because even though cutler has sucked in the past, this year he's been especially bad and they've already gotten him hurt. They're not keeping defenders out of the backfield at all. On multiple handoffs yesterday guys were already swarming ajayi as he got the ball.  This really is one of the top 3 worst O-lines out there right now.  Combine that with bewildering play calling and your playmakers aren't being given much of a chance.

 

This said, I agree, drake could see action soon if this continues. Ajayi is a good back, I just don't know if he's the right kind of back for that offense. Drake is more of a speed guy ajayi is more like lev bell. He's more finesse, and with o-line not helping much finesse might not be the way to go. Lev bell would struggle with this frickin offensive line.

Edited by grimsfield
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the holy one said:

Last week they (players, reporters) said they were an under the radar team which got no praise. 

 

lol

 

i dunno, ive watched every one of their games this season and all season I've been wondering how they hell they are getting wins. Most of it is just screw ups by the teams theyve played against.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

Hasn't Ajayi gained like 70-80% of his yards after contact? 

 

He is 2016 Todd Gurley. 

 

This makes me sad because Todd gurley was taken after ajayi in my draft, I specifically took ajay because I wanted to avoid the BS of 2016 todd gurley.... The fantasy gods are cruel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

 

This makes me sad because Todd gurley was taken after ajayi in my draft, I specifically took ajay because I wanted to avoid the BS of 2016 todd gurley.... The fantasy gods are cruel.

 

Exact same sentiment I had. Gurley was taken 2 picks later with the guy going "Man I wish Ajayi slipped to me" ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, frog34 said:

Just rewatch the game and compare both OL. Ajayi got hit immediately after the handoff, while the Ravens RB Collins could just run straight through huge holes for massive gains. It's all about circumstances and opportunity. I like Ajayi's talent, but he seems to be a fantasy bust this year thanks to a dysfunctional offense with a bad OL. But people who call him a bum, slow or toast don't know anything about football at all. Gladly drafting him next year at a huge discount. They can't get any worse and in the NFL things can change quickly, see Rams!

 

It was like the Ravens had access to the Star Trek enterprise technology and just teleported inside of the Dolphins backfield every time Ajayi got a carry and murdered him.

 

c92b5f395a0017c44a2057935c43cd62.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw enough of him. That delayed hand off....when he went down because the corner breathed on him....was enough. 

 

He isn't good this year. His 200 yard games was a long time ago. He is bad. 

 

At this point....look at your team, look who is available, manage your floors and ceilings. He is at the category of "can't trade, can't start, can't drop". 

 

He's roster spot on my team isn't guaranteed anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I saw enough of him. That delayed hand off....when he went down because the corner breathed on him....was enough. 

 

He isn't good this year. His 200 yard games was a long time ago. He is bad. 

 

At this point....look at your team, look who is available, manage your floors and ceilings. He is at the category of "can't trade, can't start, can't drop". 

 

He's roster spot on my team isn't guaranteed anymore. 

 

Yeah, you're frustrated. I decided to take a chance on him at #12 on one of my teams. I get it.

 

BUT

 

Miami's o-line was an injury riddled mess last year, and this year hasn't been much different. On top of the line being a nightmare, their passing game is almost nonexistent. He hasn't regressed - he just has very little to work with. I wouldn't say "can't start." You have to strongly consider flexing him next week, at least. But yeah, he is almost in Jonathan Stewart territory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sp12 said:

He also isn’t involved in the passing like how Gase said during offseason smh

Yea it was a rough week but he did have 4 catches. Also Damien Williams got blown up on a play in pass protection. 

 

I still think he will be inconsistent in the passing game but it was encouraging to see him in there on third down so often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...