NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

It isn't big for Ajayi at all. He's now in a 4-headed committee.

No he’s not - coming from an eagles fan. Blount will get some touches but Smallwood and Clement will not. Eagles didn’t send a 4th to get a committee back - they will ride him.

1 minute ago, ss3walkman said:

Are we adding Drake or Williams?

Drake early downs, Williams 3rd down/passing back...If I had to choose Drake he has the higher upside and is more talented.

That said I don't see either returning more than RB3 maybe low-end RB2 value, that offense looks even worse now

7 minutes ago, altmin said:

So an extra bye week, potentially no run in the first game when he learns the system and part of a committee. looks bad to me.

How good  is his pass protection? Wentz needs it with peters on IR. Surprised they didnt pick up a guard

Edited by dashoe

This will be interesting. I think it'll end up hurting his value because they have several capable RBs there, so they probably will use them all situationally, which is probably best from a football perspective but not for fantasy. However, there is a ton of upside in that offense if they commit to him as their workhorse.

I don't see how people can possibly say that this isn't an upgrade for Ajayi's situation.  The Dolphins have been awful this season as has Ajayi.  Even if this isn't a huge upgrade for Ajayi, it is an upgrade.  The Eagles wouldn't sent a 4th round pick to the Dolphins if they planned to use him in a 4-headed committee. 

3 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

The bye week sucks this is a major improvement however

I understand that bye weeks are tough to manage sometimes, but you have to remember that bye weeks for actual football players can be beneficial.  I think the bye week could help Ajayi by giving him an extra week to learn the Eagles system and to give him a week of rest.

5 minutes ago, dre said:

I don't see how people can possibly say that this isn't an upgrade for Ajayi's situation.  The Dolphins have been awful this season as has Ajayi.  Even if this isn't a huge upgrade for Ajayi, it is an upgrade.  The Eagles wouldn't sent a 4th round pick to the Dolphins if they planned to use him in a 4-headed committee. 

Exactly, he's literally going from the worst offense in the league to one of the best.

For those concerned about the bye week, the Eagles' bye week is week 10. With Miami, Ajayi would have been playing @ CAR week 10, which would have been an awful matchup. So hopefully you have someone to fill in that week when Ajayi would have been trash anyways, and Ajayi gets to rest up for ROS.

3 minutes ago, SuperSurgeMC said:

I think it bumps Ajayi's value a bit, but not a lot. If Philly wants to run the ball more it hurts Wentz a tiny bit.

Philly has always wanted to run the ball more since last season but Wentz throwing wins them games

Massive upgrade, especially in PPR.  His pass catching will be utilized much more in this offense,  Pederson extracts max value from his players.  Easily surpasses Howard, Martin and Miller; into the top 10.  Adam Gase blamed all of his studs for not putting in enough work into his s---y offense, now any failure will be his own.

Edited by ap0calypse
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic