NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, heyeaglefn said:

I think this means the Eagles think they can win the SB with Ajayi this year. Hopefully they're riding him into the ground - good value for Ajayi in redraft fantasy leagues.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I dont know what to make of this trade for Ajayi owners. He has been a bum on a prett6 decent team with a decent OL. I don’t think Philly is an upgrade. 

You're right, it's not just an upgrade, it's a huge, INSANE upgrade. Anyone who has watched even a few Dolphins games knows Ajayi is the same runner. He was just getting hit in the backfield most of the time. And if you haven't watched any games, even stat nerds know that he's among the best RBs in yards after contact. Plus, PHI is much more likely to be ahead in games to go into grind-out-the-clock mode, whereas the Dolphins were probably going to be in pass every down mode by the 3rd quarter just about every week.

Lastly, I highly doubt this will end up as a committee, considering Ajayi is far better than any current PHI RB. But it's not like his fantasy numbers could get any worse. In my view, they're almost certain to get much better very soon. Maybe not this week against Denver. But I'm not sure how anyone can see this other than a huge boost, from a fantasy perspective.

Edited by Fiveohnine

The next 2 week’s don’t look good @ DEN in his first week with the team and then bye week next week (though he would have been @ CAR with Miami then).

So if you’re struggling to make the playoffs, potentially this is going to hurt you a little bit (though I’m not even sure of this). 

Week 11-16 has to be a massive upgrade for him. 

Having just lost Elliott, I’ll say that I’m very happy with the upside here, even if there might be some risk. 

Edited by gufomel
4 minutes ago, gufomel said:

The next 2 week’s don’t look good @ DEN in his first week with the team and then bye week next week (though he would have been @ CAR with Miami then).

So if you’re struggling to make the playoffs, potentially this is going to hurt you a little bit (though I’m not even sure of this). 

Week 11-16 has to be a massive upgrade for him. 

Having just lost Elliott, I’ll say that I’m very happy with the upside here, even if there might be some risk. 

I think this week 10 bye he just inherited will be very benificial to him 

7 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

You're right, it's not just an upgrade, it's a huge, INSANE upgrade. Anyone who has watched even a few Dolphins games knows Ajayi is the same runner. He was just getting hit in the backfield most of the time. And if you haven't watched any games, even stat nerds know that he's among the best RBs in yards after contact. Plus, PHI is much more likely to be ahead in games to go into grind-out-the-clock mode, whereas the Dolphins were probably going to be in pass every down mode by the 3rd quarter just about every week.

Lastly, I highly doubt this will end up as a committee, considering Ajayi is far better than any current PHI RB. But it's not like his fantasy numbers could get any worse. In my view, they're almost certain to get much better very soon. Maybe not this week against Denver. But I'm not sure how anyone can see this other than a huge boost, from a fantasy perspective.

Im an eagle's fan not much of an Ajayi fan but this is extremely similar to Gurley last season , he couldn't do anything in that offense behind that offensive line and the rams fixed that and gurley is reaping the rewards. Ajayi can't do anything in that offense behind that offensive line and now he's moving to a new team. So it can't get worse but I don't know how much better it will get for him.

Last season he played in 15 games and only had 4 or 5 good games depending on standards, yes 3 of them were extremely good games which buoyed hus season stats, but he seems like a boom or bust RB which is odd to type. I think he improves in Philly but Pederson uses RBBC so ajayi will get some run but he wont be a 3 down bellcow like people drafted him to be.

1 minute ago, Ddam2013 said:

Im an eagle's fan not much of an Ajayi fan but this is extremely similar to Gurley last season , he couldn't do anything in that offense behind that offensive line and the rams fixed that and gurley is reaping the rewards. Ajayi can't do anything in that offense behind that offensive line and now he's moving to a new team. So it can't get worse but I don't know how much better it will get for him.

Last season he played in 15 games and only had 4 or 5 good games depending on standards, yes 3 of them were extremely good games which buoyed hus season stats, but he seems like a boom or bust RB which is odd to type. I think he improves in Philly but Pederson uses RBBC so ajayi will get some run but he wont be a 3 down bellcow like people drafted him to be.

I agree, its gonna be the Thunder and Thunder with Ajaiy and Blount lol.

It's a good move for Ajayi to go to a winning team however for fantasy owners remains to be seen how much value can be salvaged vs where he was drafted as a rb1. 

Eagles have been winning games without a dominant rb, you figure his skill set only makes their backfield stronger  and pays off as they make a playoff run

2 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

I don't think we really have any idea how Pederson intends to use Ajayi.  He has only been the Eagles HC for 1.5 seasons and yes, in that tenure, he has employed a RBBC.  But I think that was more out of necessity.  The Eagles didn't really have a RB like Ajayi could be a 3-down back.  

The new bye week sucks (for fantasy, good for Ajayi) since most of us try to prepare for bye weeks during the season and couldn't have expected this but overall I expect this move to be positive for Ajayi. The Dolphins regressed badly this year and now he is in one of the league's best offenses. 

54 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

down ? he has 0 tds and on the worst offence going to one of the best 

Exactly.  He will now be sharing the backfield with Blount.  And offense wont rely on him because they have a ton of ways to score. 

2 minutes ago, Zangief80 said:

Exactly.  He will now be sharing the backfield with Blount.  And offense wont rely on him because they have a ton of ways to score. 

im an eagles fan the team hasnt not been impressed with blount at all 

just wait and see 

3 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

an excuse on why they traded him off without having to admit "we are tanking" in football every player is at risk for their knees to give out

no he dropped during the draft and some teams took him off their board because he has known issues with his knee. Eagles are in a win now mode so have him for the next year and a half. I bet they don't extend him. 

Really debating to trade for him. It just sucks that you haven’t seen much from him this yr. 

I do think this boost up his stats tho by a lot. 

Defense have to respect Carson wentz so it’ll open up the running lane for him. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic