NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

Not true. Denver's definitely a tough matchup, but look what Darkwa did against them. Sure, first week with a new team is a tough start, but look what Peterson did.

It depends on who you have at RB, but in general you start your studs, and as far as we know Ajayi is still a stud. If you have a low-end RB2 available, maybe you roll them out instead if you just don't want to risk it. But with bye weeks and Elliott's suspension, my other options are D Henry, Mack, or Morris/McFadden if I grab them off waivers. I will be starting Ajayi over any of those.

He doesn't know the playbook yet, just got to Philly, if you think he is going to get a ton of touches great but that combined with Denver defense makes me think he might get 10-12 touches.

AP went to a crap team that cold afford to give him touches, Eagles have Blount and some other guys that can carry the load this week.

Edited by heyeaglefn
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, calibar said:

you call yourself an eagles fan but have a picture of Zeke as your avatar? cmon now, get rid of this

this is fantasy football just because i am an eagles fan i cannot be a fan of other players ? i wish zeke had an eagles jersey on in my avatar but unfortunately he does not 

1 hour ago, devaster said:

Ajayi will do everything for the Eagles backfield. Smallwood is a nonfactor. Blount will see short yardage and GL work, but I also expect them to use Ajayi as well. Blount will be a game closer and breather for Ajayi.

This is exactly how it will be. I wouldn't be surprised if Howie traded Smallwood to Buffalo for one if their three LT.  If anyone can pull it off, it's Howie.

4 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

this is fantasy football just because i am an eagles fan i cannot be a fan of other players ? i wish zeke had an eagles jersey on in my avatar but unfortunately he does not 

A true eagles fan would never have Zeke as his avatar even for fantasy purposes.  You should be ashamed.

13 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

No, because you're an Eagles fan, you cannot be a fan of COWBOYS players. Your fan card should be confiscated.

15 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

You aren't an Eagles fan. Get out of here you Cowboy fan.

1 minute ago, heyeaglefn said:

Howie Roseman just said Blount remains the starter, don't think Ajayi gets the bulk of the carries until after the bye week.

That was fairly obvious. Ajayi wasn't going to know the playbook well enough to be trusted in pass protection or on 3rd downs. I still see him getting change of pace work this week.

Just now, devaster said:

That was fairly obvious. Ajayi wasn't going to know the playbook well enough to be trusted in pass protection or on 3rd downs. I still see him getting change of pace work this week.

Yeah sure, but a team would be pretty desperate to start him this week imo for fantasy purposes.

20 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

A true eagles fan would never have Zeke as his avatar even for fantasy purposes.  You should be ashamed.

I know right.  I'm a Skins fan... it took me years to even considering drafting a Cowboy, but I finally gave into that. Even now I hate rooting for other NFC East players. I'm a Zeke owner this year so I'll gladly take his points, but f*** that guy in real life.

A 4th round pick is a pretty ridiculous price to pay for a RB that you’re intending on just plugging into a 3 or 4 way timeshare. There is no way that is their intention with this trade for games post-bye week. 

Eagles fan checking in I think Ajayi will have plenty of value.

Blount has been getting most of the goal line stuff and second half carries

I expect Ajayi to get a lot of the stuff on passing downs as a receiver coming out the backfield

the TD's may come from receiving and big plays 

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX
12 minutes ago, Army-of-1 said:

jennifer-lawrence-okay-gif.gif

Don't even have a dog in this fight, but the Eagles obviously have their eyes set on the Super Bowl and finding a real RB is key to that equation. He might be started in a committee, but I have no doubt they have every intention of making him a 3-down back. 

4 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Eagles fan checking in I think Ajayi will have plenty of value.

Blount has been getting most of the goal line stuff and second half carries

I expect Ajayi to get a lot of the stuff on passing downs as a receiver coming out the backfield

the TD's may come from receiving and big plays 

i love when the baseball fellas cross over and comment here..

Our birds are making the big splashes, i don't see a better running back combo in the league now. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic