NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

I said this in the other thread too, but Ajayi needs to learn the playbook. Get used to running behind this line, which can actually block, etc.

It's not good form to just hand away someone's position either. You prefer for a guy to show the rest of the team he's better in practice first.

All that said, it seems Smallwood is the current Eagle's RB that retains the most value. I have all three of these guys on one of my teams and am thinking of dropping Blount.

Edited by Fiveohnine
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I said this in the other thread too, but Ajayi needs to learn the playbook. Get used to running behind this line, which can actually block, etc.

It's not good form to just hand away someone's position either. You prefer for a guy to show the rest of the team he's better in practice first.

All that said, it seems Smallwood is the current Eagle's RB that retains the most value. I have all three of these guys on one of my teams and am thinking of dropping Blount.

The guy who scored 1.4 on Sunday? Sure thing...

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

The guy who scored 1.4 on Sunday? Sure thing...

I own Smallwood, so I know what he scored. I'm just saying he has a better chance of keeping his role than Blount, who basically is clearly worse than Ajayi at everything, even 3rd down.

15 minutes ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

i love when the baseball fellas cross over and comment here..

Our birds are making the big splashes, i don't see a better running back combo in the league now. 

Can't just be good at one fantasy discipline.

Even though Football is so much easier....I have won titles in leagues I auto drafted:lol:

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Blount is still infinitely more valuable for GL touches alone

Blount has a much bigger chance of losing GL and short yardage to Ajayi than Smallwood has at losing 3rd down/COP. That's the point.

Well, I tried selling Ajayi for the last week or so and had no luck. I think this trade does a ton of Ajayi's value. In my opinion, Ajayi was definitely dragged down by a horrendous and beat up offensive line. The offensive line he'll be behind in Philly is light years better which bodes well for him moving forward. I don't expect to see him involved much in Week 9 but I think by Week 10 we'll be seeing a good amount of Ajayi. The Eagles didn't make this trade to put him behind Blount, they made it because they are serious about winning a Super Bowl now.

Edited by stealth2600
1 hour ago, gufomel said:

Not true. Denver's definitely a tough matchup, but look what Darkwa did against them. Sure, first week with a new team is a tough start, but look what Peterson did. I'm not saying he's going to have a great week, just that auto benching him is not appropriate.

It depends on who you have at RB, but in general you start your studs, and as far as we know Ajayi is still a stud. If you have a low-end RB2 available, maybe you roll them out instead if you just don't want to risk it. But with bye weeks and Elliott's suspension, my other options are D Henry, Mack, or Morris/McFadden if I grab them off waivers. I will be starting Ajayi over any of those.

I think what Darkwa did to them was a fluke.  If you refer to what he did, i'll refer to all the great RB's they've stopped so far, including Hunt last night.   I agree that Ajayi's status is muddy the next 2 weeks

33 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I know right.  I'm a Skins fan... it took me years to even considering drafting a Cowboy, but I finally gave into that. Even now I hate rooting for other NFC East players. I'm a Zeke owner this year so I'll gladly take his points, but f*** that guy in real life.

skinschargers fan im assuming you are a fan of both so its ok for you to like 2 different teams but i cant like a player on a different team 

its not like i cheer for the cowboys 

1 hour ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

Our birds are making the big splashes, i don't see a better running back combo in the league now. 

You're out of your mind.  Ingram/Kamara, Freeman/Coleman are two just off the top of my head without looking through all 32 teams that i'd much rather have.

24 minutes ago, kdko said:

You're out of your mind.  Ingram/Kamara, Freeman/Coleman are two just off the top of my head without looking through all 32 teams that i'd much rather have.

I'd also prefer LeVeon Bell/Connor, Elliot/Morris, Hunt/West, Fournette/Ivory, Gurley/Brown, McCoy/Tolbert. Basically all of the top RBs with their JAG backups are better/more effective RB combos than Ajayi/Blount

1 hour ago, Flyers_28 said:

skinschargers fan im assuming you are a fan of both so its ok for you to like 2 different teams but i cant like a player on a different team 

its not like i cheer for the cowboys 

Yes, it's ok for me to like both.  I grew up in DC a Skins fan and moved lived in San Diego for a long time during the LT years and attended many Chargers' games bc I love football and enjoyed rooting for the local team. They are in different conferences and rarely play each other. If they were ever to meet in the Super Bowl I'd root for the Skins.

You can't root for the biggest douchebag on one of your team's biggest division rivals and still call yourself an Eagles fan.

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yes, it's ok for me to like both.  I grew up in DC a Skins fan and moved lived in San Diego for a long time during the LT years and attended many Chargers' games bc I love football and enjoyed rooting for the local team. They are in different conferences and rarely play each other. If they were ever to meet in the Super Bowl I'd root for the Skins.

You can't root for the biggest douchebag on one of your team's biggest division rivals and still call yourself an Eagles fan.

alright its ok for you then lol 

and i don't care if he is a douchebag i don't see how that matters i don't know him personally i enjoy watching him play football thats it 

Kind of sucks for us Ajayi owners, because you can't use him for 3 weeks now. No way you can risk him this week (with the Blount is still our starter jabber), then he gets another GD bye week. Ugh, terrible.

Edited by MrPositive
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic