Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

alright its ok for you then lol 

and i don't care if he is a douchebag i don't see how that matters i don't know him personally i enjoy watching him play football thats it 

You aren't an Eagles fan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Kind of sucks for us Ajayi owners, because you can't use him for 3 weeks now. No way you can risk him this week (with the Blount is still our starter jabber), then he gets another GD bye week. Ugh, terrible.

 

Uhh, he was garbage before this trade. How does this suck? He can only get better. He was barely a flex player on the fins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Kind of sucks for us Ajayi owners, because you can't use him for 3 weeks now. No way you can risk him this week (with the Blount is still our starter jabber), then he gets another GD bye week. Ugh, terrible.

I'll be starting him as an RB2 this week against Denver. Consequences be damned!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

 

Uhh, he was garbage before this trade. How does this suck? He can only get better. He was barely a flex player on the fins. 

 

He was averaging 14+ points a game in my league. Pretty respectable. I was still playing him every week without hesitation (and I'm in 1st...of course that's due far more to Gurley). But this week is a HUGE hesitation. I mean will they hardly play him at all this first week? Then of course next week he gets a 2nd bye week. Just kind of overall stinks to be honest. Shrug. Obviously, this week is a dice roll, which I don't usually like.

Edited by MrPositive
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kdko said:

 

You're out of your mind.  Ingram/Kamara, Freeman/Coleman are two just off the top of my head without looking through all 32 teams that i'd much rather have.

 

Gotta agree here even as an eagles fan. IF they still had Sproles and we're able to use all 3 to peak effectiveness I'd consider putting them near the top. But as of now I'd say (not even including teams with only a clear #1 stud like Pit LAR and KC who are still probably in better situations) ATL, NO, Chi, Ten, Jax are at least as good with their RB corps. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

 

He was averaging 14+ points a game in my league. Pretty respectable. I was still playing him every week without hesitation (and I'm in 1st...of course that's due far more to Gurley). But this week is a HUGE hesitation. I mean will they hardly play him at all this first week? Then of course next week he gets a 2nd bye week. Just kind of overall stinks to be honest. Shrug. Obviously, this week is a dice roll, which I don't usually like.

You must get significant bonuses for 100+ yard games? Even so, that inflates many other player’s points per game. Not sure how you can call his performance so far compared to other players “respectable”. 

 

He’s averaged 6.4 ppg in my non PPR league. Good for 32nd RB

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

 

He was averaging 14+ points a game in my league. Pretty respectable. I was still playing him every week without hesitation (and I'm in 1st...of course that's due far more to Gurley). But this week is a HUGE hesitation. I mean will they hardly play him at all this first week? Then of course next week he gets a 2nd bye week. Just kind of overall stinks to be honest. Shrug. Obviously, this week is a dice roll, which I don't usually like.

 

14ppg??? How is that possible? Point per carry? I'm benching him this week. But ROS its a huge upgrade in my eyes.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How is he in the pass game?  I was watching some highlights and it seems like he has some good hands but that's just at a quick glance.  There has been a lot of talk about redundancy in his and Blount's role but if he can add to the screen and short pass game that could be huge for the Eagles offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

How is he in the pass game?  I was watching some highlights and it seems like he has some good hands but that's just at a quick glance.  There has been a lot of talk about redundancy in his and Blount's role but if he can add to the screen and short pass game that could be huge for the Eagles offense.

 

Ajayi is superior to Blount.

 

The D will be so stretched out due to the Eagles passing game that Ajayi will have a 20 yard cushion to get yards if he gets through the line. Ertz, Agholor and Jeffry will pull way more coverage than the Dolphins could dream of. 

 

Ajayi has just ok hands, nothing special but not terrible. I think his pass catching will improve in Philly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.STD said:

 

Ajayi is superior to Blount.

 

The D will be so stretched out due to the Eagles passing game that Ajayi will have a 20 yard cushion to get yards if he gets through the line. Ertz, Agholor and Jeffry will pull way more coverage than the Dolphins could dream of. 

 

Ajayi has just ok hands, nothing special but not terrible. I think his pass catching will improve in Philly.

 

No argument there, I'm a fan and I love the acquisition.  Just a gap in the Eagles run offense that I've noticed and I didn't know if Ajayi would help them address it.  Clement and Smallwood are OK in the screen game but nothing special.  

 

Regardless his hard running will play well in Philly.  Nothing gets the fans in the Linc more charged than hard yards after contact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

 

No argument there, I'm a fan and I love the acquisition.  Just a gap in the Eagles run offense that I've noticed and I didn't know if Ajayi would help them address it.  Clement and Smallwood are OK in the screen game but nothing special.  

 

Regardless his hard running will play well in Philly.  Nothing gets the fans in the Linc more charged than hard yards after contact.

 

'I think he will be serviceable in the passing game, which is part of the reason Philly brought him in. I think they're sick of showing their hand with their backfield. They needed a 3 down back and I think Ajayi will accomplish that. I think 15-18 rushes per game and 2-5 balls thrown to him is what we will see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.STD said:

 

'I think he will be serviceable in the passing game, which is part of the reason Philly brought him in. I think they're sick of showing their hand with their backfield. They needed a 3 down back and I think Ajayi will accomplish that. I think 15-18 rushes per game and 2-5 balls thrown to him is what we will see.

 

 

That and a decent pass protecting back after Peters went down.  Gase's rant aside my impression is that's a strength of his.  Regardless it seems like a 4th round pick well spent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

How is he in the pass game?  I was watching some highlights and it seems like he has some good hands but that's just at a quick glance.  There has been a lot of talk about redundancy in his and Blount's role but if he can add to the screen and short pass game that could be huge for the Eagles offense.

 

He was a good pass catcher in college.

 

'13: 22 / 222 / 1

 

'14: 50 / 535 / 4

 

I don't know why MIA never used him in the pass game, as he caught plenty in college. I think there's a solid chance Jay will catch more passes in PHI than he did with the Dolphins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

 

'I think he will be serviceable in the passing game, which is part of the reason Philly brought him in. I think they're sick of showing their hand with their backfield. They needed a 3 down back and I think Ajayi will accomplish that. I think 15-18 rushes per game and 2-5 balls thrown to him is what we will see.

I also see him seeing that kind of workload after the bye. He is good in pass protection, catching the ball, and running the ball. Something none of the Eagles' current backs all do well. Smallwood is a huge liability in pass protection and a mediocre runner. Blount isn't much of a receiver. Clement isn't much of anything besides pass protection yet.

 

This gives them a multi-dimensional threat from the backfield. It will be a potent offense ROS. They are gearing up for a playoff run. And considering the state of the NFC without ARod, they have a legitimate chance now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, psygolf said:

Would we rank Ajayi higher than Howard the ros...what say you?

 

I wouldn't, but I don't think it's ridiculous to do so. It could happen, but Ajayi will be much more TD dependent than Howard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut says bench him this week for multiple reasons. I feel this trade was made for the future and we wont reap its benefits much this year.

 

However in dynasty his arrow is pointing way up. Next year is a contract year for him and Blount and Sproles  will be gone; both are in the last year of their deals.

Edited by affliction
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fiveohnine said:

If I can start him all this time with the garbage Dolphins, I can with the Eagles. 

1st week with the team and vs DEN are red flags for me. Depends on your depth though alot of people won't have a choice with this being a really rough bye week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

What are the expectations this week? They play a tough defense as well but I may have to play him at my flex. 

 

very little, but like you ain't got much choice

 

Ajayi get's a start  for me ROS as long as he's healthy

 

riding my #1 pick to the Pit of Misery

 

Dilley Dilley

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...