NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Now you all have 2 byes for Ajayi, that kind of hurts. 

I think it helps in the sense that he probably needs the extra rest and his situation if Philly is much better than in Miami. The passing game in Philly is going to get Ajayi a lot of room to work with. 

Short term the extra bye sucks, but long term it's plus.

Just now, Mr.STD said:

I think it helps in the sense that he probably needs the extra rest and his situation if Philly is much better than in Miami. The passing game in Philly is going to get Ajayi a lot of room to work with. 

Short term the extra bye sucks, but long term it's plus.

Also the crowded backfield sucks.

9 hours ago, Nah85 said:

They used all 4 backs and he got the ball 8 times.  In two weeks should have a better idea of what they do from this point on.

He touched the ball 8 times after being with the team for a couple of days. I think after working through the bye he should probably see 15 touches a game. No, it's not the workhorse load he received in Miami, but his production is going to massively improve.

id rather 15 touches from Ajayi in Philly than 30 touches in Miami.

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Im not really worried about that. It's not ideal, but everything is relative. Ajayi is without a doubt the most complete RB in that backfield and Pederson will continue to increase his roll. I'm confident that Ajayi will be seeing 60% of touches within a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Mr.STD said:

id rather 15 touches from Ajayi in Philly than 30 touches in Miami.

This! Ajayi will get familiar with their playbook during the bye week and lead the Eagles in backfield touches ROS, which puts him into RB1 conversation. Not too shabby considering he wast a flex or low RB2 before the trade. Ajayi owners expected to make the playoffs should be pretty happy right now!

12 hours ago, Tax77 said:

Sure, his QB is ripping the league to shreds. He has to be the lead back right?

Are you really wondering that?

the guy just scored a 40 yard TD and had about as encouraging as a start to his tenure as an eagles on a short week vs the best d in the nfl.

I personally believe he’s a top 5 start and he’ll be that ROS.

4 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

The whole crowded thing is being blown way out of proportiob. Smallwood has been mostly ineffective, Blount hadn’t topped 75 yards since week 4. Blount was not moving the needle even though he’s been adequate. The eagles have always preferred RBs with versatile skill sets. Ajayi just fits in the offense so much better and does a lot of things that the Eagles are looking for. Clement has definitely earned some work but I could just as easily see him being ineffective and then his role gets marginzaljed real quick. 

Moral of the story is Ajayi is getting 20 touches a week - id estimate in the range of 16-18 carries 2-4 catches. He’s in the best offense in the league and there are not many players I’d rather own ROS. 

10 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Are you really wondering that?

the guy just scored a 40 yard TD and had about as encouraging as a start to his tenure as an eagles on a short week vs the best d in the nfl.

I personally believe he’s a top 5 start and he’ll be that ROS.

The Vikings were on a bye this week.

7 minutes ago, Jewelz0376 said:

Decent matchup against Dallas. Coming off a nice game against Denver. What's everyone's expectations for him in Week 11? 

he's due for a 200+ yards and 2 TDs game

I feel like I'm getting to try out a new toy on Christmas when I plug him in this weekend.

His playoff schedule is pretty sweet. If he's given the lead back role with 15 carries and 3-5 catches per game by the time Week 14 rolls around, he could be a FF league winner on this Eagles offense.

Edited by gufomel

So in other words, Ajayi will get 2 touches for -5 yards? ^_^  Negativity aside, it really will be awesome if he already comes out this week as the lead back and produces.

Eagles OC Frank Reich expects Jay Ajayi to take on a bigger role against the Cowboys in Week 11.

"He's able to handle everything that we give him at this point," said Reich. "When I look at our game plan for this week, I look at it and there's probably not a play on there that I wouldn't feel comfortable putting his number on." Ajayi was limited to eight touches in his Eagles debut in Week 9, but had the bye week to study the team's playbook and has apparently been a quick study. LeGarrette Blount and Corey Clement will still be in the mix, but it sounds as if Ajayi could ascend to lead status in Week 11.

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: Ajayi’s $5.4k DK salary is beginning to look pretty appealing. Dallas will be without their best LB and run-stopper, Sean Lee, and even with Lee starting 7 games, they’re 30th in rush DVOA and 24th in adjusted yards (per FO). The Eagles are favored in this one (-3) and they're averaging the 2nd-most rushing attempts per game (31.4).

Source: nj.com
Nov 14 - 2:41 PM

Edited by gufomel

All this Ajayi talk is coachspeak.  I will not be surprised, at all, if Blount and Clement retain significant roles despite these positive comments.

however you want to spin that coachspeak, the fact still remains that Philly is gonna blowout some teams out of the water and run the ball 20-30+ times a game, I'm fine with him at 15carries + 2-5 rec + some goal line carries, I dont see whats the issue, nobody is expecting him to put up L.Bell numbers

4 minutes ago, calibar said:

however you want to spin that coachspeak, the fact still remains that Philly is gonna blowout some teams out of the water and run the ball 20-30+ times a game, I'm fine with him at 15carries + 2-5 rec + some goal line carries, I dont see whats the issue, nobody is expecting him to put up L.Bell numbers

think all the naysayer was trying to compare Ajayi with Mark Ingram.

29 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

All this Ajayi talk is coachspeak.  I will not be surprised, at all, if Blount and Clement retain significant roles despite these positive comments.

Yeah... no. The Eagles didn't trade for Ajayi to not use him down the stretch preparing for a deep playoff run. Ajayi will dominate the touches.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic