NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Yeah... no. The Eagles didn't trade for Ajayi to not use him down the stretch preparing for a deep playoff run. Ajayi will dominate the touches.

I hope so but that coaching staff has been off every time they say something to the media about the run game. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, devaster said:

Yeah... no. The Eagles didn't trade for Ajayi to not use him down the stretch preparing for a deep playoff run. Ajayi will dominate the touches.

A team cruising towards the playoffs is more likely to play all of their guys as opposed to riding one back.  That is not to say that Ajayi won't get some valuable snaps and touches.  I am thinking Ajayi will be a quality RB2.  Nothing at all wrong with that.

Eh, I still don't see how the eagles look away from blount at the goal line and ajayi has never been a great reciever. He'll get carries, but I think his value is capped.

Edited by grimsfield
11 minutes ago, grimsfield said:

Eh, I still don't see how the eagles look away from blount at the goal line and ajayi has never been a great reciever. He'll get carries, but I think his value is capped.

My sentiments exactly. I hope we are both wrong. The guy may not be in 3rd down hurry up offense. May not get goal line carries. 

We may have a slightly better version of Abdullah. Has value. Although, not a must start for stacked teams in PPR or standard formats. My expectations are tempered, and will be excited if im wrong. 

1 hour ago, grimsfield said:

FWIW he was a good receiver in college. Perhaps it didn't translate to the NFL, but the Dolphins never really gave him targets either.

I can see what you're saying about Blount, but there is no way he gets 100% of the GL carries. He didn't even when Ajayi wasn't there. Ajayi will get his.

With the way the Eagles are looking, there will be enough garbage time / clock killing available for more than 1 RB to have value IMO. Although I do think Ajayi will far and away be the best and most valuable.

5 hours ago, Tenner said:

My sentiments exactly. I hope we are both wrong. The guy may not be in 3rd down hurry up offense. May not get goal line carries. 

We may have a slightly better version of Abdullah. Has value. Although, not a must start for stacked teams in PPR or standard formats. My expectations are tempered, and will be excited if im wrong. 

I agree ith you both. I'm still tempted to play Collins over him.

I mean without the great run of his last game, would we be all this excited ?

3 hours ago, Chente said:

I agree ith you both. I'm still tempted to play Collins over him.

I mean without the great run of his last game, would we be all this excited ?

People are excited not because of the run, but because it was his first game with the eagles with little knowledge of the playbook and still performed well with his limited opportunity., bodes well for his future with the team.

I don't have any better options. I'm 99.3 percent sure I'll start him. Unless I get real ballzy.  I could see 15 for 75 or 20 for 100. 

Problem again is will he catch the ball? 75 to 100 yards rushing in PPR doesn't mean a whole lot without receptions or a TD. 

37 minutes ago, DemonFF said:

This rbbc approach in philly really hurts Ajayi. Still it’s obvious he’s the most explosive rb there. Gotta hope he gets more carries in weeks 14-16 ?

I don't see them just dishing out 15 carries to Ajayi because this 4 headed rb approach is working. Sucks

47 minutes ago, calibar said:

not sure where all the crying is coming from, you have a talented RB getting snaps on this year's leading offense. upside from here as he continues to learn the playbook and gain the team's confidence

he is getting the 3rd most snaps and sub-10 carries. that is bad, things have to change before he is a solid starter

8 hours ago, calibar said:

not sure where all the crying is coming from, you have a talented RB getting snaps on this year's leading offense. upside from here as he continues to learn the playbook and gain the team's confidence

How many weeks does he need to learn the playbook? Not sure I buy that.

He's unstartable until something changes.

2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Yeah. This isn't good. 

He's not: 

The most explosive back on roster

The fastest back on roster

The pass catching back

He's not the most powerful back 

Agreed. To me, Clement looked more explosive than Ajayi.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic