NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

8 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Props to the guy who said they made this move looking to next season when blount is gone. 

Could be but if they can afford to bring everyone back it's a pretty sweet setup for the organization. NFC version of the Patriots.

Blount has found out what the market is and may be happy to continue playing for Eagles. Legarrette looked inspired , think it might have something to do with Ajayi being around ?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Chente said:

Not convinced also :/

With Bliunt in the picture and Clement taking advantage of every opportunity, don't know what to do with this guy, might try to trade him.

I turned down a trade before the game asking for Ajayi in exchange for Amari Cooper and Alex Colins. Have a feeling that well is dry now if I tried to go back.

1 minute ago, altmin said:

I turned down a trade before the game asking for Ajayi in exchange for Amari Cooper and Alex Colins. Have a feeling that well is dry now if I tried to go back.

Cooper and Ajayi are exactly the same, just different position eligibility.

Y'all need to realize Ajayi has only been on the team for about 2 weeks. He's still learning the playbook. He'll see more carries as it gets closer to the playoffs. I just traded for him last week in my big league. Got me 11 pts in PPR. Jaguars D killed it for me 

Dude found a gaping hole and blew a 30 foot head start on the guy chasing him. Looks slow. 

The 2 rushing tds by 2 separate rb's not named Blount or AjayI really sucks. 

Edited by Tenner
2 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Dude found a gaping hole and blew a 30 foot head start on the guy chasing him. Looks slow. 

His top speed is definitely not great but he is great in traffic and can exploit holes to get those big gains. I think he had a couple big rips last year where the defenders also chased him down to prevent the TD. 

Agree with doom and gloom, great real Football situation, disaster fantasy-wise. The RBBC would've at least been salvageable if he was getting the GL/RZ carries but even that's not looking good.

Anyone that thinks Blount/Celement are gonna lose carries as Jay 'learns the playbook' are kidding themselves, the former looked great and the committee makes sense for Philly.

I'll be starting Morris over him going forward for reference...

I thought he was going to get a heavier workload this week, but the Eagles are still easing him in. Either way it is working for the Eagles and that is a good thing. He looks explosive. Clement scored on a run any of the RBs could have scored on. But until he gets a bigger share of the snaps his upside will be capped. At least he is producing RB2 numbers without actually getting many snaps. That is impressive.

39 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

His top speed is definitely not great but he is great in traffic and can exploit holes to get those big gains. I think he had a couple big rips last year where the defenders also chased him down to prevent the TD. 

Ajayi is a power back, with superior strength, balance and vision. Actually for a power back he has decent speed. LeVeon Bell wouldn't have run away from the defense on that play either. Ajayi won't outrun DBs regularly, but if he faces them straight ahead most DBs will falter. Hope he continues to get more touches. 15-20 touches in this amazing offense would put him firmly into RB1 conversation. As for now he is a high upside RB2.

4 minutes ago, ChiTownTrojan said:

It looked like they went to Blount down the stretch once the game was out of reach. I'm hoping if it were a more competitive game Ajayi would have been in there. That said, this probably isn't the last time the Eagles will be blowing out the other team....

That is what Blount is essentially there for. Blount will continue to be a closer for them in games they run away with.

I get the complaints, mild-disappointment and skepticism going forward but the bottom-line for most 12 team leagues (& especially for those with an RB Flex spot), Ajayi's going to be starting for you as your RB2 or flex going forward.  There's just not that much else out there & too much potential in this offense for him to blow up for a 100+ yard and 2 TD game in any given week.  Clear cut starts over him going forward - Gurley, LeVeon, Hunt, Ingram, Kamara, McCoy, Devonta/Coleman, Fournette, Gordon, Howard are for sure and arguably LMiller, DeMarco, Samaje, & Dion Lewis.  That's 10 guys for sure and another 4 maybe. 

Point being - Ajayi a clear RB2 going forward with the upside for much more.

Well looks like Ajayi is staying on my bench right next to McKinnon. I'll have to depend on Woodhead or Duke Johnson as my Rb2 the rest of the way. 

Only way id start him at this point is if Blount gets hurt. 

Edited by Jewelz0376

1 hour ago, banana said:

Clear drop. He's their 4th RB.

How do you figure? Ajayi had the 2nd most RB touches behind Blount this week and Barner didn't even touch the ball.

1 hour ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

His usage makes no sense whatsoever. Should be their workhorse. I guess they’re just dominating so completely that it just doesn’t really matter who they put in at RB.

While I agree talent wise he should be their workhorse, I heard Clement talking on NFL Network about the Eagles RBs and he said Blount is one of the leaders in the locker room and kind of a mentor to the younger RBs. Based on that I can now see why Blount is getting so much work given the crazy success the team is having and the leadership Blount is providing why they are keeping him as their lead back. 

Someone mentioned it earlier, the Eagles may have traded for Ajayi for 2018 not 2017. 

On 11/20/2017 at 10:43 AM, PackerBacker555 said:

Props to the guy who said they made this move looking to next season when blount is gone. 

*tips hat*

When you're in a keeper league you pay attention to contracts lol

Sat him for Amari this week as my flex. Was looking ok until the KO. Now I may have to use Ajayi ROS... ugh pls get more touches. He did look ok on that one play he broke then he fumbled it lol. 

Edited by DemonFF
Misspell
On 11/14/2017 at 8:53 PM, grimsfield said:

Eh, I still don't see how the eagles look away from blount at the goal line and ajayi has never been a great reciever. He'll get carries, but I think his value is capped.

yup...

Guy isn't even the lead the back. He won't get goal line touches and he's in a 3 way committee. He's a clear drop. Worst bust I've ever had playing fantasy football. Its time to face reality and see him for what he is. He's been in a bad situation all season, his situation got even worse with him going to philly. Drop him.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic