NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

3 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

entering 18' will be his final year if i remember correctly.  This season ahead for Ajayi will be interesting to see play out.  Contract year player who more then likely gets the starting nod while Blount searching for yet another team.  Clement maybe to be a compliment. Ajayi should be running behind another top OL as well with a bit of injury luck.  He's a player the Eagles will need to see take another step(maybe a big one)  forward in 18' IMO to warrant a decent pay day the following season. It would not shock me to see the Eagles take another RB midway through this draft as well.  Hitting on another young cheap RB could be important for a team that may need to spend elsewhere

With Ajayi's knee issue I'll be SHOCKED if Philly extends him after 2018.  Their biggest issue will be managing the knee to get him through the entire 2018 season (they already were limiting his practice days this season).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 96mnc said:

With Ajayi's knee issue I'll be SHOCKED if Philly extends him after 2018.  Their biggest issue will be managing the knee to get him through the entire 2018 season (they already were limiting his practice days this season).

that is a good point 96 and one i didn't consider.  Its def something to keep any eye on.  This season ahead could go a long way towards continuing or shortening Ajayi's career,IMO

9 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

that is a good point 96 and one i didn't consider.  Its def something to keep any eye on.  This season ahead could go a long way towards continuing or shortening Ajayi's career,IMO

Everyone has been saying that about Ajayi for his first 3 seasons in the NFL and it hasn't come to fruition yet. I'm skeptical.

The draft is deep at RB by all accounts. The Eagles don't have a lot of holes or immediate needs going into 2018. I see them drafting a RB in the mid rounds or picking a good early down change of pace in FA. There will be some appeal to play for the Eagles. Especially with the way Duce and Pederson managed their committee of RB's. They missed on Smallwood and Pumphrey in recent drafts in the mid rounds. Clement was a UDFA gem.

Other immediate needs are LT, CB, and LB. The DL is deep and has young talent. Safeties are solid. The LB's are solid if they re-sign Bradham. Need to draft/sign depth though because Hicks has had trouble staying healthy. If Sidney Jones is the 1st round talent before his injury CB is much better.

Edited by devaster
19 minutes ago, devaster said:

Everyone has been saying that about Ajayi for his first 3 seasons in the NFL and it hasn't come to fruition yet. I'm skeptical.

The draft is deep at RB by all accounts. The Eagles don't have a lot of holes or immediate needs going into 2018. I see them drafting a RB in the mid rounds or picking a good early down change of pace in FA. There will be some appeal to play for the Eagles. Especially with the way Duce and Pederson managed their committee of RB's. They missed on Smallwood and Pumphrey in recent drafts in the mid rounds. Clement was a UDFA gem.

Other immediate needs are LT, CB, and LB. The DL is deep and has young talent. Safeties are solid. The LB's are solid if they re-sign Bradham. Need to draft/sign depth though because Hicks has had trouble staying healthy. If Sidney Jones is the 1st round talent before his injury CB is much better.

Future looks very bright for philly indeed.

Everyone in that division better raise their games... on the field coaching wise and off the field acquiring talent.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Keep ignoring that the offense starting scoring significantly more ppg the minute he left...he was a junk "centerpiece" for the dolphins in '17.

And you keep ignoring wins and losses. I win, you lose and we're both happy. 

"volume is king," was the argument I heard a lot in this thread preseason. Well, not necessarily in ppr. RB's on losing teams (Dolphins) that don't catch many passes are clear DND's in ppr. Remember how I kept on citing that 7 week span where he averaged only 12.54 ppr ppg. That wasn't a fluke. He didn't have any more big games and wasn't able to prop up his value through TD's and big runs. I think he's a solid talent though and next year on PHI I will be very interested assuming Blount isn't back. 

7 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

entering 18' will be his final year if i remember correctly.  This season ahead for Ajayi will be interesting to see play out.  Contract year player who more then likely gets the starting nod while Blount searching for yet another team.  Clement maybe to be a compliment. Ajayi should be running behind another top OL as well with a bit of injury luck.  He's a player the Eagles will need to see take another step(maybe a big one)  forward in 18' IMO to warrant a decent pay day the following season. It would not shock me to see the Eagles take another RB midway through this draft as well.  Hitting on another young cheap RB could be important for a team that may need to spend elsewhere

If the eagles could resign Blount for like $2.5 M max... Why wouldn't they just do that and keep what they have intact? 

$2.5 M is nothing to blow something up that's working great IMO. 

For Fantasy it's obviously less appealing cause no one has value, but Philly cares about super bowls, and this formula just assisted in producing one. 

[ Several comments removed.  The forums don't need any more gloating, and the 2017 fantasy and NFL seasons are over.  If you have something fantasy relevant to say about Jay Ajayi, open up a 2018 thread. ]

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook