NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook

On 2017-05-31 at 9:14 AM, boltup15 said:

Really? How laughable is it? Just somewhat laughable? I think it's more than just somewhat laughable, right? I actually find it hilarious. Actually no, if you find that laughable that's very interesting.

I picked up Dixon a lot earlier. And picked up Yeldon week 14 with a good amount of faab since Ivory went down. I also drafted Powell, dropped him, and then once Forte went down used almost all my faab. So yes he was on the wire for about 4 straight weeks because he was not doing anything. Dixon didn't do much either. 

Maybe I should join your league so I can play in one that's actually competitive where I can't find players like Yeldon off the waivers. How do I join?..... 

Sorry. I'll stop. 

(It was an obvious start/sit situation) (Pat myself on the back)

He also faced a really solid run D in Pittsburgh first week of playoffs...

Sounds like you play in a larger league with deeper benches. 

Who is "streaming" RB's? Did I ever say I was 'streaming' RB's? No. I did not. I said I replaced Ajayi off the wire. It's a very common practice in fantasy football leagues. 

Damn you're obnoxious.  So you were "able to replace Ajayi from the waiver wire" therefore Ajayi is not a good RB.  That is what I've gathered from your 30+ posts in this thread.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Damn you're obnoxious.  So you were "able to replace Ajayi from the waiver wire" therefore Ajayi is not a good RB.  That is what I've gathered from your 30+ posts in this thread.

I'll take a stab at this. Ajayi was an afoster cuff so he would have been on the waiver in some leagues. He was in my std leagues waiver when i picked him up as foster went down however he didnt crush it right away, so man may have dropped him again. So the view was very mixed on him early on. 

He is the classic  zero rb strategy rb that paid off if you took him late rd or off waivers. This season we wil see if he is worth his early rd draft capital

36 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'll take a stab at this. Ajayi was an afoster cuff so he would have been on the waiver in some leagues. He was in my std leagues waiver when i picked him up as foster went down however he didnt crush it right away, so man may have dropped him again. So the view was very mixed on him early on. 

He is the classic  zero rb strategy rb that paid off if you took him late rd or off waivers. This season we wil see if he is worth his early rd draft capital

He was left home from the first road trip as a healthy scratch. So yes, he was indeed on many waiver wires. Plus they had drafted Kenyan Drake in the new coaching staff' first draft so many were touting him as the future RB in Miami. If Foster had recovered from injury even enough to dress then we most likely never would've seen the breakout of Ajayi .

I know, I was extremely high on him and drafted him in 2nd rd of our lg rookie draft. Got so fed up with the way Gase constantly kept slighting Ajayi in camp to justify picking up two new RB's then leaving him off the active game day roster I traded him. After hanging on to him through two camps I traded him away with Latavius who was getting the same treatment for a 2017-first rd pick of a bad team that I correctly identified as a non-playoffs squad.

p.s. : ended up with the #6 overall rookie pick in our lotto. Might've screwed up on that trade:(

Edited by howlin' 2

Any thoughts on the fact that the Dolphins "don't know" when Pouncy will back? Beginning to think it might be better to evaluate Ajayi as if Pouncy will not play for much if any of the season. 

On 5/31/2017 at 8:14 AM, boltup15 said:

Really? How laughable is it? Just somewhat laughable? I think it's more than just somewhat laughable, right? I actually find it hilarious. Actually no, if you find that laughable that's very interesting.

I picked up Dixon a lot earlier. And picked up Yeldon week 14 with a good amount of faab since Ivory went down. I also drafted Powell, dropped him, and then once Forte went down used almost all my faab. So yes he was on the wire for about 4 straight weeks because he was not doing anything. Dixon didn't do much either. 

Maybe I should join your league so I can play in one that's actually competitive where I can't find players like Yeldon off the waivers. How do I join?..... 

Sorry. I'll stop. 

(It was an obvious start/sit situation) (Pat myself on the back)

He also faced a really solid run D in Pittsburgh first week of playoffs...

Sounds like you play in a larger league with deeper benches. 

Who is "streaming" RB's? Did I ever say I was 'streaming' RB's? No. I did not. I said I replaced Ajayi off the wire. It's a very common practice in fantasy football leagues. 

Some ppl are in 14 team leagues with deep benches... like myself    

at no point is there anyone other than below average 2nd-3rd stringers    and there sure as hell arent rbs to pick up weekly and put in your starting line up

4 hours ago, aadam said:

Some ppl are in 14 team leagues with deep benches... like myself    

at no point is there anyone other than below average 2nd-3rd stringers    and there sure as hell arent rbs to pick up weekly and put in your starting line up

Cool. Obviously people with deeper benches and in 14 team leagues will be in a different situation. 

9 hours ago, smeeze said:

Sounds like you missed all the key parts like how Ajayi averaged 12.31 ppr points in 9 straight NFL games. 

Very impressive Jay Ajayi even with that 80 % snap share on a winning team...

Second round seems reasonable. 

54 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Cool. Obviously people with deeper benches and in 14 team leagues will be in a different situation. 

do u do anything other than belittle ppl?   oh yeah thats right, you blab and assume everyone gives a sh*t about your opinion 

Edited by aadam
55 minutes ago, aadam said:

do u do anything other than belittle ppl?   oh yeah thats right, you blab and assume everyone gives a sh*t about your opinion 

Keep it civil. I have strong opinions about players (and am usually right). 

22 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Keep it civil. I have strong opinions about players (and am usually right). 

me keep it civiL? u are the one talking down to everyone

but i hear ya im passionate about my fantasy league as well   and i appreciate all the ppl around here who contribute especially high volume with stats to back it up like you do, BUT you also seem to crap on others opinions, you cant be right every time  

12 hours ago, aadam said:

me keep it civiL? u are the one talking down to everyone

but i hear ya im passionate about my fantasy league as well   and i appreciate all the ppl around here who contribute especially high volume with stats to back it up like you do, BUT you also seem to crap on others opinions, you cant be right every time  

Then let him be wrong and remind him about it later.  But at the same time if he's right, will you tell him that later as well?

In the meantime, that's what this forum is for, to voice your opinions whether you end up right or wrong.

Last time I checked, no one on here had a crystal ball to see into the future.

8 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Then let him be wrong and remind him about it later.  But at the same time if he's right, will you tell him that later as well?

In the meantime, that's what this forum is for, to voice your opinions whether you end up right or wrong.

Well, one guy did have the power of prescience....

If Ajayi stays healthy he's a steal at his ADP (round 2).  I don't see any issues in redraft leagues.  Dynasty owners may want to sell high given the knee concerns.  

26 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

You are right, no one does have s crystal ball so "I'm usually right" comes across as narcissistic and lame. this forum seems to be overflowing with ppl who can't handle others opinions and have to try to prove them wrong with what? Their own opinion.  

15 hours ago, boltup15 said:

This statement right here shows he's only thinking of himself..or assuming everyone has the same league settings as him?  Most competitive leagues and situations disprove what he was saying about replacing Ajayi WEEKLY and efficiently, but bc he was able to do it, it is gospel.  Please 

On 6/4/2017 at 0:01 PM, FreakFries said:

Any thoughts on the fact that the Dolphins "don't know" when Pouncy will back? Beginning to think it might be better to evaluate Ajayi as if Pouncy will not play for much if any of the season. 

Thanks for at least trying to keep things on topic.  I swear it's like school let out for the summer and all the kids are home unsupervised on their mom's PC sometimes.

Yes, if Pouncey is injured, this is bad news for Ajayi.  Those Pouncey brothers always have issues staying on the field.

19 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Thanks for at least trying to keep things on topic.  I swear it's like school let out for the summer and all the kids are home unsupervised on their mom's PC sometimes.

:lol:

30 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Yes, if Pouncey is injured, this is bad news for Ajayi.  Those Pouncey brothers always have issues staying on the field.

Pouncey injury is tough for Ajayi and even more so Tannehill. Ajayi's strength is when he gets speed going it's extremely hard for people to tackle him. He's not as good as making people miss in the backfield so this definitely puts a dent in his outlook. 

What's an issue is now Tannehill will be under more pressure and we all know how he does under pressure. This could lead to less goal line opportunities for Jay Ajayi. 

Hopefully Pouncey returns and heals up quickly to get this o-line going. 

However if he does stay on the PUP and miss the first 6 games of the season; and Ajayi doesn't perform as people expect; there could be an opportunity to buy low before Pouncey returns. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

God forbid a guy who belittles ppl non stop gets called out.  There's nothing childish about that at all, but I wouldn't expect understanding here 

I digress  

Ajayi was on the waiver wire in my competitive league to start to season as he should have been. With Arian Foster the starter and ajayi and drake roles undefined and the complaints from ajayi about being inactive against seattle most would have had ajayi on the wire to start the season.

I am sad that i missed out on him.

This year ajayi should be a solid 2nd round pick. Pounceys health hurts ajayi but the rest of the line is remaining consistent so that continuity should help.

All the good WRs Miami has, Landry, Parker, Stills, will keep the safeties back and should avoid stacking the box against Ajayi.

I love how hard he runs.

17 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ajayi was on the waiver wire in my competitive league to start to season as he should have been. With Arian Foster the starter and ajayi and drake roles undefined and the complaints from ajayi about being inactive against seattle most would have had ajayi on the wire to start the season.

I am sad that i missed out on him.

This year ajayi should be a solid 2nd round pick. Pounceys health hurts ajayi but the rest of the line is remaining consistent so that continuity should help.

All the good WRs Miami has, Landry, Parker, Stills, will keep the safeties back and should avoid stacking the box against Ajayi.

I love how hard he runs.

I hope you and others are right about this because I can't find two decent RBs to rub together in the mock drafts I've been doing. 

What games did Pouncey actually play last year? Looking back, I believe his absence didn't just "dent" Ajayi's value, it pretty much knocked it down from stud RB1 to flex. That is just too much risk in the second round but to  sweeten the pain, there aren't many other options.

5 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

I hope you and others are right about this because I can't find two decent RBs to rub together in the mock drafts I've been doing. 

What games did Pouncey actually play last year? Looking back, I believe his absence didn't just "dent" Ajayi's value, it pretty much knocked it down from stud RB1 to flex. That is just too much risk in the second round but to  sweeten the pain, there aren't many other options.

Ajayi touched the ball 287 times last year, including the first four games where the Dolphins were not committed to him; his backups (Drake and Williams) had a combined total of 100 touches and are negligible. Considering his performance, his new-found role on the team, and his skill, Ajayi will easily see 300 touches this year; this is great for a round 2 RB, and to me Ajayi seems valued well here. Ajay's opportunities may not exceed DJ's (373 touches in 2016) and Zeke's (354), but he should bypass Shady (284), and with DMurray splitting time with DHenry I'm thinking Murray's value is well after Ajayi's. I like Ajayi over JHoward in round 2, if anything because the Dolphins' have a passing game to balance the offense somewhat (whereas the Bears are still undefined). Also, I see the Bears using their COP backs more than the Dolphins (KDCarey and the Human Joystick).

6 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

I like Ajayi over JHoward in round 2, if anything because the Dolphins' have a passing game to balance the offense somewhat (whereas the Bears are still undefined)

I'm also undecided.  Classic situation of talent vs opportunity.  Not that Ajayi isn't talented, and not that Howard has a bad situation ...  but Howards 5.2 YPC as a rookie is ridiculous, and Ajayi's volume in Gase's system is an opportunity RBs can only dream of.  But Ajayi's YPC has been low (when he's not facing the Bills), and the Chicago offense looks to be very poor this year.  Will be interesting to see how these two end up.

58 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I'm also undecided.  Classic situation of talent vs opportunity.  Not that Ajayi isn't talented, and not that Howard has a bad situation ...  but Howards 5.2 YPC as a rookie is ridiculous, and Ajayi's volume in Gase's system is an opportunity RBs can only dream of.  But Ajayi's YPC has been low (when he's not facing the Bills), and the Chicago offense looks to be very poor this year.  Will be interesting to see how these two end up.

I don't have either on my dynasty teams. I pick at 2.06 in a keeper / redraft league; Howard is a keeper for another team, but I'd be happy with Ajayi at 2.06, if I could get him. Still, I tend to lean towards zero-RB, so if I can pick up Baldwin or Cooper at 2.06, I'll bypass Ajayi (it's also a league where you can play 1RB and 4WRs). If it came down to Ajayi or one of the injured masters (Alshon, Watkins, KAllen), I'd go Ajayi. Despite Ajayi's successes, and role on team, he doesn't get much respect in fantasy (and reality) football, much like the way the Dolphins treated him over the first four games until Arian Foster retired.

17 minutes ago, GhostOfCap said:

RB9 feels about right. But will you really take him in the middle of the second over guys like Nelson and Thomas? That feels like a mistake.

Nelson no. Thomas yes. Ppr or standard. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jay Ajayi 2017 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic