NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, furbz420 said:

For everyone complaining that he was suspended and AJG wasn't.

RapSheet said, earlier today before the suspension was announced, that players usually don't get suspended if they get ejected because the league somewhat views the ejection as a suspension. So, since Evans was not ejected, it makes sense that he gets a suspension and AJG does not. 

Mike Evans misses a game check for a suspension. Fines are not usually as much as a game check.

So in summary, Evans loses a game check and 4 quarters of play. AJ gets fine and misses 2+ quarters of play for a seemingly more egregious act. Sounds like the NFL to me.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry but the fact that Evans is suspended and Green is not makes this total laughing stock of a league look even more pathetic and sad.

I couldn't care less if Green was suspended half the game or if Evans came across or whatever the hell else happened. This is a joke. Evans threw himself at the guy and while it looked like he was going to punch him he did not.

AJ Green took a guy in a headlock, threw him down, punched him in the head a few times, and then proceeded to put him a headlock again before throwing him down. He should be out at least 3 games if Evans gets one. The NFL can go f--- off I don't even know why I watch this utterly joke of a league.

Oh and I don't own either anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I'm sorry but the fact that Evans is suspended and Green is not makes this total laughing stock of a league look even more pathetic and sad.

I couldn't care less if Green was suspended half the game or if Evans came across or whatever the hell else happened. This is a joke. Evans threw himself at the guy and while it looked like he was going to punch him he did not.

AJ Green took a guy in a headlock, threw him down, punched him in the head a few times, and then proceeded to put him a headlock again before throwing him down. He should be out at least 3 games if Evans gets one. The NFL can go f--- off I don't even know why I watch this utterly joke of a league.

Look at the replay again and watch when he's on top of lattimore after clocking him, he throws punches. 

1 minute ago, furbz420 said:

Look at the replay again and watch when he's on top of lattimore after clocking him, he throws punches. 

I watched the replay at 0.25 speed. Evans does not throw one punch. He runs into him, shoves him with the forearm, and then brings his arm back to throw a punch before getting pushed off. Again, he was going to throw the punch but he never got one in.

AJ Green threw his guy down (like Evans except by the neck), then landed a punch (unlike Evans, threw another one (unlike Evans), wrapped the guy around by the neck again and threw him down (what Evans got suspended for a SECOND time except by the neck), and then he gets pushed away by the Jaguars defender as he still has his arm around the dudes neck practically trying to choke him out.

Yes, Green was instigated but his guy was also walking away. I would understand him if he came in and shoved him back but he didn't. He body slammed the guy by the neck and proceeded to throw punches before repeating step one because he got shoved and mean words were said at him. AJ Greens incident is 10 times worse with less punishment. 

edwzfAa.gif

Same Evans that does cheap shots like the above.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I watched the replay at 0.25 speed. Evans does not throw one punch. He runs into him, shoves him with the forearm, and then brings his arm back to throw a punch before getting pushed off. Again, he was going to throw the punch but he never got one in.

Wrong. Call it a 'thrown punch' or a elbow strike, but he hit Lattimore right on the face mask and bounced Lattimore's head against the ground. Here is the still picture of when it happened. 

4V0ZyBp.jpg

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

edwzfAa.gif

Wrong. Call it a 'thrown punch' or a elbow strike, but he hit Lattimore right on the face mask and bounced Lattimore's head against the ground. Here is the still picture of when it happened. 

4V0ZyBp.jpg

Dotson and Winston are blocking the action can we tell for sure that’s Evans? He could probably argue that as well.. unless there’s more evidence and betters angels

edwzfAa.gif

4V0ZyBp.jpg

Correct. That is not a punch in my book. Maybe you view it differently. That is using the forearm. The definition of a punch is strike with the fist which that is not. i watched both frame by frame and i did not see Evans throw a punch. What he did is wrong and he should absolutely be suspended but Green not being suspended is a joke. The refs ejecting him should have nothing to do with it. His actions are still worse.

1 minute ago, kdubb44 said:

Dotson and Winston are blocking the action can we tell for sure that’s Evans? He could probably argue that as well.. unless there’s more evidence and betters angels

Of course it is Evans. 100%. What kind of ship do you think I run?

6WAPeaz.jpg

0lt0JQB.jpg

ssEbZJ3.png

hAWusMG.png

EpykLX8.png

WEk6mFG.jpg

8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Correct. That is not a punch in my book. Maybe you view it differently. That is using the forearm. The definition of a punch is strike with the fist which that is not. i watched both frame by frame and i did not see Evans throw a punch. What he did is wrong and he should absolutely be suspended but Green not being suspended is a joke. The refs ejecting him should have nothing to do with it. His actions are still worse.

A elbow strike is just as bad as a punch + the resulting slamming of Lattimore's head against the ground. It is still physical altercation. Off the field that is battery. No place for that in the league. Especially when his own QB started s--- and what Lattimore did was nothing and didn't warrant that response from Evans. Especially as Lattimore was backing away from Winston after pushing Winston away from him. 

Btw, I also agree that AJG should be suspended. I am surprised by that move.

Edited by burninglegs

Couldn’t Evans make the argument that he should’ve been tossed and he shouldn’t be suspended because of the refs incompetence? That’s the part that bugs me the most. And the green incident happened before the Evans and lattimore fight too.

A elbow strike is just as bad as a punch + the resulting slamming of Lattimore's head against the ground. It is still physical altercation. Off the field that is battery. No place for that in the league. Especially when his own QB started s--- and what Lattimore did was nothing and didn't warrant that response from Evans. Especially as Lattimore was backing away from Winston after pushing Winston away from him. 

Btw, I also agree that AJG should be suspended. I am surprised by that move.

The thing that should of happened is that Evans should have been tossed.  Everything would've been equal.

Now the league has a problem with two different disciplines for two players.

And you can say that Evan's suspension is alot harsher than AJs.

I think on a whole the league is pretty tolerant when it comes to people getting into scuffles on field seeing how they are smashing into each other every play.

A fight with all your equipment on is not nearly as bad as some of the shots these players take during play.

7 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Couldn’t Evans make the argument that he should’ve been tossed and he shouldn’t be suspended because of the refs incompetence? That’s the part that bugs me the most. And the green incident happened before the Evans and lattimore fight too.

Are you sure Evans even played? Maybe someone else was in his uniform and committed the crime. 

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

Green at least had the decency to fight his opponents, this dude just threw a cheap shot 

Lol what?! Aj green walked behind Ramsey and placed him in a headlock before slamming him to the ground and landing some punches.

43 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The way it was explained on the NFL Network this morning (I believe it was Rappaport) was that the in game ejection is usually sufficient punishment for an altercation such as this. He basically said that if Evans had been ejected (like he should have been), he most likely wouldn't be getting an additional 1 game suspension. Since the refs didn't eject him, he will serve his punishment next week. AJ Green got ejected and therefore has already served his. I'm not saying that I agree with this, this is just the way that it was explained. To me, it does seem silly that Green will only miss half a game compared to Evans missing an entire one.

1 minute ago, kdubb44 said:

Lol what?! Aj green walked behind Ramsey and placed him in a headlock before slamming him to the ground and landing some punches.

They were already yapping so not like Ramsey didn’t expect it. Btw I own zero shares of either Green or Evans so no bias here

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

They were already yapping so not like Ramsey didn’t expect it. Btw I own zero shares of either Green or Evans so no bias here

What do you mean Ramsey didn’t expect it? His back was facing green. That’s the definition of a cheap shot.