NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I would actually consider sitting Evans this week if he didn’t have such a juicy matchup. If he can’t perform against Miami then we have problems. 

I don't know. Marshall put up nice numbers with Fitzpatrick! Hoping for some 2015 Fitzmagic here at the end of the season.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, BronXBombers51 said:

You folks realize he's WR11 in PPG even including the dud against New Orleans? WR scoring is down across the whole league. He's still a strong WR1 and the only player he's clearly behind ROS is Antonio Brown.

Yep, AB who just put almost a 40 burger up against me this week. Gotta have some ceiling from Evans. We’ve seen his consistent higher floor but that’s it. 

6 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Hmm is anyone considering benching this week? 

My league has Stills and Matthews on the wire - both have outscored Evans this season there is also Doctson and Sheppard available. I can't even begin to figure out my waiver claims let alone decide who to start. 

If he can't score against Miami.... I just don't know.

56 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

What’s funny about it? This guy has been average and has cost me some weeks and isn’t winning anybody their matchups. Benching him could turn out to be a smart move.

Benching him for who? He's still 18th in standard, WR 2, who should be seeing a bunch of targets ROS. He's had a rough few weeks with Fitzpatrick. I don't see that lasting all season.

52 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Hes been ok.  Nowhere near his ADP but still top 20.  Decent schedule ROS

No it's not OK.

He's a top 10 draft selection. I drafted him 6th and thought he was a steal at that point. I had to bench him this week for Tevin Coleman in my flex spot. That's pathetic. I should never have to consider benching a player like that. 

12 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Hard to get a safer floor than his + he's still getting a bunch of redzone targets

Oh yeah. His floor is super safe. That's what'll win you a championship. Not a blowup like Julio, or AB or Kamara or Keenan.

Just now, martinjlm said:

Oh yeah. His floor is super safe. That's what'll win you a championship. Not a blowup like Julio, or AB or Kamara or Keenan.

With his talent + schedule you really dont think he has significant blow up potential?

Julio hadn't had a blowup game prior to this week and Keenan hadn't until 2 weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

With his talent + schedule you really dont think he has significant blow up potential?

Julio hadn't had a blowup game prior to this week and Keenan hadn't until 2 weeks ago.

He has the potential. That  wasn't the question. It's week 13. He needs at least one blow up game as your WR1 pick, right?