NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2017 Season Outlook

Mike Evans caught 2-of-5 targets for 25 yards in the Bucs' Week 14 loss to the Lions.

Evans also drew a 24-yard DPI. Evans seemed to be playing through a lower-back issue as he posted his second-lowest yardage total of the season. Struggling since Jameis Winston's return two games ago, Evans will be a volatile WR1 for Week 15 against the Falcons and Desmond Trufant.

Why is he still considered  WR1?
  • Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry. This POS will go ham next week now that we've all been eliminated. Hopefully all three weeks so his numbers will trick those who didn't own him this year to draft him next year. If he's playing injured someone needs to tell him that showing toughness has gone the way of the dodo. Healthy backups will out-perform injured stars.

I have no faith in this man, but I just KNOW if I drop him, someone in my league will pick him up and Evans will go off.

Plus, I drafted him so darn high, I can't get myself to boot him lol 

I'll let him rot on my bench instead. 

Edit: lmao I didn't even realize this a**hole is on the undroppable list. 

Edited by Wynter12
17 hours ago, kdubb44 said:

Mike Evans caught 2-of-5 targets for 25 yards in the Bucs' Week 14 loss to the Lions.

Evans also drew a 24-yard DPI. Evans seemed to be playing through a lower-back issue as he posted his second-lowest yardage total of the season. Struggling since Jameis Winston's return two games ago, Evans will be a volatile WR1 for Week 15 against the Falcons and Desmond Trufant.

Why is he still considered  WR1?

Those blurbs are a joke. The week prior, he's a WR2/3, then after a 2.5 standard point performance, he's all of a sudden back in the WR1 territory. :wacko:

All I can say about RW blurbs (besides how the writers just don’t understand basic rules of grammar) is some of them are funny from time to time.

Don’t make the mistake of paying attention to them beyond that.

15 minutes ago, AJx88x said:

Those blurbs are a joke. The week prior, he's a WR2/3, then after a 2.5 standard point performance, he's all of a sudden back in the WR1 territory. :wacko:

"Volatile" WR1 - lotta ambiguity there - in other words "he'll be started because of his name, which many consider to still be top 12, but, in reality, he's more of a low end WR2, at best, these days"

16 minutes ago, kdubb44 said:

Anyone who started Evans advance? Are u guys starting him next week? It's gotten to the point where I might start  Goodwin/Juju over him...

Survived mainly because Denver D and Butker were lights out. No way in hell Im starting him next week. As of right now Diggs is my only other option but I dropped Anderson prior to his dud and another guy picked him up for Richardson. Westbrook only other serviceable option on wire but they are both ahead of Evans.