NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2017 Season Outlook

Cost me in two leagues.  Still alive in one.  Have to think last week was largely due to Slay.

Still, I have no faith in starting him but look what Thomas did against ATL.  I have to think Evans has a good game in PPRs

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TrillaTrilla said:

i havent watched any of their games this year (why would you) but how is this dude not getting the ball

Winston has been spreading the ball. Evans is a type of WR that needs a good amount of targets in order to produce and hes just not getting it atm. Tampa o-line is also decimated with injury. I don't see how you can start Evans with confidence this week.

On 12/12/2017 at 2:59 PM, joey0480 said:

Cost me in two leagues.  Still alive in one.  Have to think last week was largely due to Slay.

Still, I have no faith in starting him but look what Thomas did against ATL.  I have to think Evans has a good game in PPRs

Slay only covered Evans on 30% of his routes...

The Bucs are terrible and Evans has completely checked out. If he wasn't undroppable in espn leagues I'd have dropped him to waivers yesterday. His team is bad, he's bad and he should feel bad.

17 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Had him in one league and got bounced in the 1st round. 

Consider it a miracle if you win a title with this bum as your #1 WR.

My only other choices to replace him are Olsen,Woodhead,Doctson or Abdullah (standard league) and personally I don't see enough upside in any of those choices to make a switch.If someone else does please chime in.Lastly our WW as of a week ago went to $50 for any add/drop and our league is so deep I can't justify $50 for the likes of Keenan Cole(I already have Dede starting) or Dontrelle Inman.

1 hour ago, bjvance5 said:

Start your studs...

Except this guy isn't a stud, he's a bum. Wr 24 in PPR on the year. He's just barely passed 20 PPR points twice this all season. Turning out to be the worst first-round pick by far (other than injuries). He's a low ceiling, low floor wr3 at best. 

Him and Hunt probably cost me my fantasy season, I'm in a very difficult spot this week and will be starting Jordy over Evans this week.

If Evans goes off, good for him. I'll just miss out on that gravy train because I refuse to start him anymore. 

It's amazing how people keep looking at him as this amazing fantasy player when he just isn't. A stud he is not. 

The man thrives on volume to get his and right now, the targets aren't nearly enough to make him startable in a playoff unless you have no one else. 

But, as I said, if he goes off and you started him, fair game. 

53 minutes ago, Joelioli said:

Except this guy isn't a stud, he's a bum. Wr 24 in PPR on the year. He's just barely passed 20 PPR points twice this all season. Turning out to be the worst first-round pick by far (other than injuries). He's a low ceiling, low floor wr3 at best. 

Him and Hunt probably cost me my fantasy season, I'm in a very difficult spot this week and will be starting Jordy over Evans this week.

Hunt is the 4th overall ranked RB in standard this year. You probably got him at a 3rd-4th round draft price. If you lose your league, it's definitely not because of Hunt lol

12 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Hunt is the 4th overall ranked RB in standard this year. You probably got him at a 3rd-4th round draft price. If you lose your league, it's definitely not because of Hunt lol

We drafted early so I snagged him after Ware went down in pre season haha. 

There were other reasons. Basically coinciding around Zeke's suspension, hunt, Mike evans, Jordy Nelson, Cameron Brate, and will fuller all took massive nosedives in value. Not to mention Brees performing as qb12 all season. So my team went from being #1 ranked to barely making playoffs and likely getting knocked out this week.

But I drafted Mike evans #5 overall so I'm blaming him xD

Edited by Joelioli
1 minute ago, Joelioli said:

We drafted early so I snagged him after Ware went down in pre season haha. 

There were other reasons. Basically coinciding around Zeke's suspension, hunt, Mike evans, Jordy Nelson, and Cameron Brate, will fuller all took massive nosedives in value. Not to mention Brees performing as qb12 all season. So my team went from being #1 ranked to barely making playoffs and likely getting knocked out this week.

But I drafted Mike evans #5 overall so I'm blaming him xD

Yeah Evans hurt a lot. and Watson getting injured killed Fuller's value a ton too. I didn't make playoffs in either of my leagues because of busts (Cooper, Evans, Parker, etc) so I feel ya

I know everyone's scoring is different but it would be nice to know how many owners are partially to blame because of bad management.I know with my team(deep benches) I'm sitting at 5th place out of 12 with 801 points on my bench this season although my start efficiency is 84.9% which ranks 2nd and I contribute a lot of that to being very active on the WW(ours is first come first served).

Not trying to point any fingers because 801 points on my bench shows that I had weeks where i just screwed up in whom I started but only bringing it up because it seems like we always want to blame the players when sometimes it falls directly on our management and level of risk taking.

at the beginning of the season I never thought I would actually be considering playing Goodwin over Evans.  The only reason I may stick with Evans is the fact he plays on Monday night (makes the game more fun to watch).  But I can see a situation where I would need 3pts for a win and he gets 1 catch for 18yrds lol. 

I read somewhere that he may have a lower back issue.  Anyone hear anything else on that?

2 minutes ago, Holter19 said:

at the beginning of the season I never thought I would actually be considering playing Goodwin over Evans.  The only reason I may stick with Evans is the fact he plays on Monday night (makes the game more fun to watch).  But I can see a situation where I would need 3pts for a win and he gets 1 catch for 18yrds lol. 

I read somewhere that he may have a lower back issue.  Anyone hear anything else on that?

I did that last week and it worked out great! Starting Goodwin again this week.