NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2017 Season Outlook

17 hours ago, boltup15 said:

Either way I think Dez Bryant, TY Hilton, Michael Thomas, Demaryius Thomas, and others have a chance to outproduce Mike Evans this season...

Very possible...but it would also most likely mean that they had near-career years.

Evans has a very comfortable projected floor for a wr1

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Very possible...but it would also most likely mean that they had near-career years.

Evans has a very comfortable projected floor for a wr1

Because I still think he will have the lion's share of red zone targets and around 140 targets, along with Desean helping to let Mike Evans get some more YAC in I agree with you.

He scares me a little bit.  I currently have him below AB, Julio, OBJ, Green, and Jordy as my WR6.  He's had 1 year of super elite production which came when he received a ridiculous amount of targets.  I would still love to have him on my team but those other 5 WRs seem like safer bets.

Have there been many big, all-pro caliber wrs that maxed out by year 3?  Not sure why there are so many that are acting like his best years are already behind him...the kid is 23.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Have there been many big, all-pro caliber wrs that maxed out by year 3?  Not sure why there are so many that are acting like his best years are already behind him...the kid is 23.

Braylon Edwards. 

Josh Gordon.

Only two that immmediately come to mind.

• 2 weeks later...

He is underestimated in drafts..I put him ahead of OBJ and JJ this season.

I've heard some good things about him in camp so I'm going hard on him and I hope he doesn't let me down.

Please keep sleeping on MIKE EVANNNSSS!!! 

2 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I've heard some good things about him in camp so I'm going hard on him and I hope he doesn't let me down.

People are sleeping on him?  I think he's been gone by Pick 8 in every mock I've done.  And I've seen him go as high as 5, ahead of OBJ and Julio.

Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

People are sleeping on him?  I think he's been gone by Pick 8 in every mock I've done.  And I've seen him go as high as 5, ahead of OBJ and Julio.

Oh okay, I've seen JJ and OBJ go ahead of him a lot, except when I have a higher pick and I grab him. 

Look at his thread, no one has talked about him in two weeks..(OBJ and JJ threads are to the forefront). Yes, I think he's being snoozed on. 

• 2 weeks later...
On August 1, 2017 at 3:09 PM, TX Babe Ruth said:

Oh okay, I've seen JJ and OBJ go ahead of him a lot, except when I have a higher pick and I grab him. 

Look at his thread, no one has talked about him in two weeks..(OBJ and JJ threads are to the forefront). Yes, I think he's being snoozed on. 

Nobody's sleeping...he is just a known value.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:02 PM, TX Babe Ruth said:

Picking an arguably better, similarly tiered player ahead of Evans doesn't equal "sleeping on him".  Pretty much everyone ranks Evans in the elite tier and expects him to have a great season, including those picking OBJ and JJ ahead of him.

Are you "sleeping on" OBJ and JJ because you'd take Evans ahead of them?

Edited by Lamont Sanford

As a Bucs fan, I'm excited to watch this offense come together. It'll be interesting to see the Bucs have a legit #2 guy across from Mike, which should get him more 1 on 1s. I mean the Bucs were trotting out Russell Shepard and Freddie Martino late last season as their #2 wide outs. Jameis would literally force feed him the ball even in situations where nothing was really there. The chemistry between Jameis and Mike is apparent. I think people questioning him just haven't watched him play much and don't think he's overly talented (for some reason). He's truly a great talent up there with Odell as one of the best young receivers in the game. 

I think him and AJG are in very identical situations. Jordy is right there too. I wouldn't fault anyone for taking AJG or Jordy over Mike. Stat line of 80/90-1200-10 on ~150 targets sounds about right with the potential for more. It's also not crazy to think the Bucs throw the ball a little bit more this season (ranked 16th last year, could see them moving closer to 600 attempts which could put them closer to top 10)

TY Hilton over Mike though? Cmon brah lol

I'm thinking about grabbing the 6th pick in a new 2 player keeper league and just taking who is left between AB, Julio, OBJ, and Evans. Most likely Evans who would be left and I would be completely fine with that. Think he's in for another huge year with him and Winston having another year under there belts. Plus I just found out the other day that me and Mike Evans have the same birthday...

Beautiful football last night.  Run, run, run, Djax, run, Brate, run.... then a bomb to Evans in a 1-on-1 which he should have hauled in for a TD.

He's going to get much better looks than last year.  Less volume for certain, but he'll do more with it because of how Djax requires respect.  And Martin looked damn good too.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Beautiful football last night.  Run, run, run, Djax, run, Brate, run.... then a bomb to Evans in a 1-on-1 which he should have hauled in for a TD.

He's going to get much better looks than last year.  Less volume for certain, but he'll do more with it because of how Djax requires respect.  And Martin looked damn good too.

I was really impressed with the Bucs 1st team offense last night.  In my keeper league, I'm picking 3rd overall but the consensus top 6 players will all probably be kept/gone when I'm up to pick.  Which means I'm looking at Evans/Green/Nelson.  Before last night I wasn't sure who I liked the most out of those players but now I'm leaning Evans.  I understand it is pre-season and the Bucs WRs were going against he Jags 2nd string CBs but that offense looked balanced.  

22 minutes ago, dre said:

I was really impressed with the Bucs 1st team offense last night.  In my keeper league, I'm picking 3rd overall but the consensus top 6 players will all probably be kept/gone when I'm up to pick.  Which means I'm looking at Evans/Green/Nelson.  Before last night I wasn't sure who I liked the most out of those players but now I'm leaning Evans.  I understand it is pre-season and the Bucs WRs were going against he Jags 2nd string CBs but that offense looked balanced.  

Whose your top 6? With Elliott's Suspension I've got Evans in the 6th spot and right there with Julio and OBJ. 

1. DJ 2. Bell 3. AB 4. Julio 5. OBJ 6. Evans

1 minute ago, wildvikestwins said:

Whose your top 6? With Elliott's Suspension I've got Evans in the 6th spot and right there with Julio and OBJ. 

1. DJ 2. Bell 3. AB 4. Julio 5. OBJ 6. Evans

I have McCoy before Evans but they could be interchangeable really.

40 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I just hope he increases his efficiency. 53% catch rate with a drop in volume isn't all that good for his numbers. Hope he can improve his catch rate with the expected drop in targets. 130-140 targets with hopefully plenty of RZ targets could still get him to 80 receptions 1200-1300 yards and double digit TDs.

Maybe the addition of weapons causing a reduction in targets is a bit overstated. Maybe it's in Winston's nature to force the ball to his tall receivers (think Kelvin Benjamin in college when they played together.)

I really want to think that Mike Evans can finish #1 again, but it's really hard to pass over Julio and ODB. AB is a lock to go #1.