NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Justin Upton 2017 outlook

rdf8585

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.916 post-all-star OPS last year and 1.027 to start this year. Honestly, I think Detroit might suit him and if it was any hitter other than Upton, we'd gladly write off the first half of last year as adjusting to a new league.

• 5 weeks later...

This dude is a mutt. Been benching regularly for a while except the most inept pitchers (e.g. benched him tonight) and still get squat. Pretty much like his whole career. His occasional 1-2 week hot streaks make him an enticing waiver option. I need to be convinced "Melvin" is not simply an alter ego because since "Melvin" finally was officially jettisoned from the majors Justin plays just like "Melvin". 

54 K's in 146 ABs (so far). No really.

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

This dude is a mutt. Been benching regularly for a while except the most inept pitchers (e.g. benched him tonight) and still get squat. Pretty much like his whole career. His occasional 1-2 week hot streaks make him an enticing waiver option. I need to be convinced "Melvin" is not simply an alter ego because since "Melvin" finally was officially jettisoned from the majors Justin plays just like "Melvin". 

54 K's in 146 ABs (so far). No really.

1 of the most over rated fantasy hitters in MLB.  He may even be #1 for most over rated.

Mild quad strain. Was 2-2, 2 doubles with 2 RBI. Maybe tweaked it legging out the doubles or was it in the field? Hopefully it really is mild. He's been better this year early on, and Hoping for a another good second half from him. 

12 minutes ago, 33legend said:

There are many of us that will be stung if he's out for an extended period.

I disagree. In 12-teamers there are hitters available that will likely be better imo.

I drafted this overrated POS because I needed an OF at the time and he was the "best" available. Most owners will be fine without his services - just a guess.

He's hitting pretty much at his career AVG and OBP this season. Odd amount of hate for the guy. Yea, the strike outs are high, but that's always been the case with Upton. He's putting up similar numbers to his 2013, 2014 seasons with the Braves. Draft accordingly.