NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordy Nelson 2017 Season Outlook

10 hours ago, Joelioli said:

Definitely a chance hundley turns it around, but he didn't do well at all last game. 70something yards, his timing was off and seemed hesitant. He was better as a runner than a QB xD

McCarthy got rightly skewered here in Wisconsin after last week's game. The Packers will not be a ground-and-pound team and he needs to let Hundley open it up. He could've had a bigger game but he only let Hundley throw a handful of time which doesn't allow a QB to get into rhythm.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the panic in this thread is palpable... i have rivers and watson, so i sent a feeler to the nelson owner if he would do rivers for nelson (he needs a QB).... i guess i dont believe they can be that bad every week, so it's worth my backup QB to see what happens with nelson

Edited by boredster

Trade his big name as quickly as possible.  Nelson is almost completely dependent on Rodgers and busted play end zone targets for his value.

Maybe try to get a WR3 upside type like Sterling Shepard or Dede Westbrook.

1 hour ago, boredster said:

the panic in this thread is palpable... i have rivers and watson, so i sent a feeler to the nelson owner if he would do rivers for nelson (he needs a QB).... i guess i dont believe they can be that bad every week, so it's worth my backup QB to see what happens with nelson

I agree.  I mean, sure, he won't be a WR1 every week now, but Hundley is no scrub.  He has started 1 NFL game, and lit it up in the preseason, from what I've heard.  It may take a couple games, but I think Jordy will be a decent WR2.   I'm sure not trading him for scraps.  

3 hours ago, boredster said:

i got Nelson for Marvin Jones.... jones was my WR4 so what the heck.... looking back to 2013 the last time rodgers was out... nelson's production wasnt stellar... matt flyn started 4 games, tolzien 2 and seneca wallace 1

Sun 12/22    vs PIT  5-  46   - 0
Sun 12/15    @ DAL  5 -   61 -  1    
Sun 12/8    vs ATL 4  - 85 - 0
Thu 11/28    @ DET  2 -  14 - 0
Sun 11/24      4   - 58 -   0
Sun 11/17    @ NYG   8  -  117 - 0 
Sun 11/10    vs PHI   6  -  56 -  0 
Mon 11/4    vs CHI   4 -   67 -  0    (game rodgers got hurt early in game)

8 minutes ago, boredster said:

i got Nelson for Marvin Jones.... jones was my WR4 so what the heck.... looking back to 2013 the last time rodgers was out... nelson's production wasnt stellar... matt flyn started 4 games, tolzien 2 and seneca wallace 1

I'd love production like that from Jordy rest of season xD

The offense is too good to be this bad week after week. Jordy's floor is pretty low as we've just seen but I'm in the camp that he's still viable. It's why I traded for him in my league. Duke J for Jordy. I'm not starting Jordy until I see something and might possibly flip him if he has a solid game or two. The fact that my team can sustain a WR4 Jordy and the small hope A-Rod comes back during the FF playoffs is enough for me to take a shot :) *fingers crossed*

RB: Hunt/Freeman/Martin/A.Jones/M.Mack

WR: Green/M.Thomas/G.Tate/M.Sanu/C.Davis

Alright, I'm full on aware that this is the wrong place to ask this, but I need to give an answer quick to the proposer and I don't want to deal with the AC forum... I've been around this forum for a while so cut me some slack.

Is Ajayi good return value for Nelson + Latavius Murray?

I'm just worried Nelson is worthless now with Hundley and I still view Ajayi as an upgrade to Murray.

Many thanks to anyone who give some insight.

32 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Alright, I'm full on aware that this is the wrong place to ask this, but I need to give an answer quick to the proposer and I don't want to deal with the AC forum... I've been around this forum for a while so cut me some slack.

I'm just worried Nelson is worthless now with Hundley and I still view Ajayi as an upgrade to Murray.

I started to answer on your post in AC, as I have bothJordy and Lat on my team, but just didnt know which way to lean.. All 3 of these guys are mysteries right now to me, but i think my hunch is i would prefer jordy and murray, but its real close.. ajayi and company have just looked terrible, even in good matchups

24 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

all things being equal I'd prefer to have jordy on my roster over ajayi. that Dolphins offense is a dumpster fire and ajayi has been considerably less than overwhelming this year. 

its tough to throw in the towel on Jordy. hundley clearly needs work. they have 2 weeks to give him a managable  playbook to run that offense and it will probably target and highlight key pieces like Jordy- the less moving parts and simpler it becomes the more you depend on your money players. they have to get hundley comfortable back there and part of that is having solid WRs running solid routes he can rely on. 

the other part of this equation is that deal will still be there after next Sunday if GB looks atrocious given ajayi is facing a pretty explosive OAK w Carr back and there's a good chance MIA be playing from behind all game. 

imo you're in a win /win by waiting till after next Sunday's game to make your decision. he could put up a big game and that will increase his value if your still wanting to move him. 

I'm not just giving advise - I moved for Jordy and bought low this week. 

Buying Jordy low right now is probably a good strategy. Could basically get him for any serviceable starter, and he still has decent upside with the longshot of elite value in fantasy playoffs if Rodgers makes a hero comeback.

Just keep expectations low and don't be surprised if he's benched the rest of the season lol

8 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Volume has been there for Ajayi - I believe he is top 5 in carries but he has done little with them.

The Dolphins offense sucks right now - Adam Gase was already cryptically calling out Ajayi for trying to be a home run hitter every time he touches the ball and he has zero touchdowns on the season.

It's too early to say Jordy is worthless but Hundley did not look good at all. Looked scared to make a mistake - scared to throw the ball.

That white boy connection Jordy has with Aaron cannot be overlooked.

I'm a volume guy so for me I would consider that trade. It's actually an intriguing one for both sides.

7 minutes ago, cakey said:

I moved him on for Lamar Miller in .5PPR. Not exactly thrilled with that, but I just can't start Jordy for at least 2 gameweeks.

Anyone would take Miller for Jordy right now man. I trade hyde/jordy and got Shady so I'm thrilled.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:22 PM, boredster said:

That was 4 years ago when Jordy was still one of the fastest wideouts in the game...  He gets nowhere near that amount of separation anymore.  His signature play then was the deep ball, now it's a Rodgers back shoulder throw.

40 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

That was 4 years ago when Jordy was still one of the fastest wideouts in the game...  He gets nowhere near that amount of separation anymore.  His signature play then was the deep ball, now it's a Rodgers back shoulder throw.

Well he did get 60 yards from Hundley I am pretty sure the first game when Rodgers got injured, on 10 targets

12 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Well he did get 60 yards from Hundley I am pretty sure the first game when Rodgers got injured, on 10 targets

True. That gave me hope but I think they run in the red zone much more now and get there less, so I could see him only getting a couple more TDs ROS now.

I sold him yesterday. We'll see though.

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

True. That gave me hope but I think they run in the red zone much more now and get there less, so I could see him only getting a couple more TDs ROS now.

I sold him yesterday. We'll see though.

Yea i agree anyone hoping for WR1 type of production is delusional. Just think Hundley will be much better after bye, so holding out hope Jordy can be a WR2 in several weeks.

3 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Yea i agree anyone hoping for WR1 type of production is delusional. Just think Hundley will be much better after bye, so holding out hope Jordy can be a WR2 in several weeks.

Im thinking more like WR3 with little upside. I don't see him scoring 15+ points in a week ROS. I could be wrong though.

Official desperate bye week filler, helps to be religious to so you can pray for a subpar showing. Amazing how many Players are showcased as inferior when a HoF QB goes down.  Jordy was in a "Next man up" system. The year Jennings went down , I grabbed Nelson on Waivers, Rodgers being Rodgers made the bench warmer (Nelson) look amazing, Nelson went on to be a Pro-Bowler, Rodgers breaks bone a few seasons ago, Nelson vanishes...same as all Packers. Rodgers returns, Nelson has monster year. Rodgers goes down this year, Nelson literally vanishes.