NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordy Nelson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/2/2017 at 9:39 PM, BrokeLoser said:

Never in a million years did I think I'd play Marvin Jones ahead of Jordy.

I think I'm gonna sit and wait until I see Jordo do something in this new offense.

I finally got one right...haha

Hope you guys had options as well

11 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Packers are a dumpster fire. It's amazing how bad Hundley is. Not a single player worth owning on that trash team.

Seriously. No one worth owning except Hundley in two qb leagues.

His rushing TDs is the final nail in the coffin to anyone being fantasy relevant.

Worst part about this is that the Packers are losing all these games as well, rather than winning very low scoring games despite poor QB play. Rodgers almost certainly will not come back if they lose another 1-2 games.

5 hours ago, Tomy said:

It s time to drop nelson you think ??

difficult to trade... or trade for who ? People know that without rodgers it's finish

A trade close to =, Jordy with just be icing. I am dropping him in a 12 man league. I mean with FA's getting 5-6 catches weekly, why hold a guy just because of his name. Hell even with Hollywood at QB, he was becoming a little TD dependent and now, well............

2 weeks and bad games from Jordy. Am I dropping in 12 team. Hell no

im 6-2-1. I need a WR to start no doubt and it won’t be jordy but I’m willing to stash him just to wait till rodgers news comes out on top of maybe.... just maybe he can be a guy who gets like 40-70 yards night with random TD.  Hundley sucks bad but never know maybe by week 12 he’s a little better and Jordy is okay. It’s unlikely but it’s possible for sure. 

10 team he might be droppable but 12 team unless your waivers are just flowing with talent id hold for 2-3 weeks. I will add that my waivers are  Trash due to a super active league so holding Jordy isn’t that big of an issue. 

Why is Hundley in the NFL? This guy is complete trash who couldn't read a defense to save his life.

Being a great athlete has ZERO to do with being a good QB in this league.

It's mind boggling to me that someone at this level can be this bad.

Your in the same meetings with Aaron freaking Rodgers, pay the **** attention.

2 minutes ago, quaglinoman said:

History shows Jordy is very much a JAG without Rodgers

Umm ... no. Correct statement would be anyone, including Jordy is a JAG with Hundley. IE) Antonio Brown sans Ben a few years ago

At this point anybody would be JAG with Hundley. 

Back in 2011 when we needed Matt Flynn to do something for 1 game while Aaron was out Jordy had 9 grabs for 160 yards and 3 TDs. 

I remember that game because it was on the strength of that game that Flynn was able to fleece the Seahawks into signing him to a big free agent deal the following year. He also had a couple good games with Matt Flynn in 2013 when Rodgers went out with the first collarbone injury. And Matt Flynn is total trash

So no I don't believe Jordy is JAG without Rodgers. I think Jordy would be a highly productive WR with any competent Quarterback. Brett Hundley is below replacement level. In any other system he'd be a 3rd string QB barely hanging on to an NFL roster but the Packers had to go the dirt cheap route when it came to backup QBs because we are cap struck right now. So we have Hundley as our #2 and some guy I've never heard of who went to a college I never heard of as our #3 QB. And we have 3 years invested in these guys so everything is all good in the quarterback room according to a fatheaded idiot 

31 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

At this point anybody would be JAG with Hundley. 

Back in 2011 when we needed Matt Flynn to do something for 1 game while Aaron was out Jordy had 9 grabs for 160 yards and 3 TDs. 

I remember that game because it was on the strength of that game that Flynn was able to fleece the Seahawks into signing him to a big free agent deal the following year. He also had a couple good games with Matt Flynn in 2013 when Rodgers went out with the first collarbone injury. And Matt Flynn is total trash

So no I don't believe Jordy is JAG without Rodgers. I think Jordy would be a highly productive WR with any competent Quarterback. Brett Hundley is below replacement level. In any other system he'd be a 3rd string QB barely hanging on to an NFL roster but the Packers had to go the dirt cheap route when it came to backup QBs because we are cap struck right now. So we have Hundley as our #2 and some guy I've never heard of who went to a college I never heard of as our #3 QB. And we have 3 years invested in these guys so everything is all good in the quarterback room according to a fatheaded idiot 

So true, man. I find it inconceivable that a guy has been on the team that long and picked up NOTHING about the system and is that horrible of a player. This is a failure on all levels of the team’s coaches, staff and management. It’s been three games now and he’s still completely hot garbage. Even Brock had a decent game once in awhile. Fitz and Savage suck too but they at least know how to hand the ball off and pepper their top wideout incessantly. 

Edited by martinjlm

Maybe I'm just hanging on too hard, but I can't stomach dropping Jordy.

Maybe if he shows SOME promise this weekend I can find someone to trade. Our trade deadline is the day before Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping he shows *anything* positive before then.

1 minute ago, bwarbiany said:

Maybe if he shows SOME promise this weekend I can find someone to trade. Our trade deadline is the day before Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping he shows *anything* positive before then.

I feel your pain. I held for as long as I could, hoping for a glimmer. After MNF, I had to cut. No value with Hundley.

52 minutes ago, bwarbiany said:

I've been trying like hell to package him with a RB2/3 to upgrade at WR, but no one wants anything to do with him.  At this point I'm not even starting him, so there's no point in rostering him going forward over potential upside stashes.  That said, I haven't brought myself to drop him yet, due entirely to his name value...

Unless I need to add someone before Sunday, this week is his last audition before dropsville.

Only reason I haven't dropped him yet is the off chance Rodgers come back in the last few weeks, in which case Jordy would probably be a elite WR1 again for fantasy playoffs. What do y'all think are the changes of a rodgers return? How many games to the packers have to win to have a chance to make playoffs?

So, for those you who are dropping Jordy and even Aaron Jones, who is on your WW that is a better option than either of those guys?  I know it depends on league size and what not but there is absolute hot garbage on the WW in my 12 team league.  I can't fathom dropping a player like Jordy for WW fodder?  

8 minutes ago, dre said:

So, for those you who are dropping Jordy and even Aaron Jones, who is on your WW that is a better option than either of those guys?  I know it depends on league size and what not but there is absolute hot garbage on the WW in my 12 team league.  I can't fathom dropping a player like Jordy for WW fodder?  

Personally, it would be to stash a handcuff to an elite RB (Malcolm Brown, James Conner, etc.)  

11 minutes ago, dre said:

I can’t move myself to drop Jordy... but then again I tried to trade him to a packer fan in my league and he declined. When can we start him with confidence though? Only against Tampa Bay can I start him with confidence ROS. Never would have thought a player NOT on my roster, being lost for the year(Rodgers) would actually hurt my team, this is awful. :(

vs Chicago

vs Baltimore

vs Pittsburgh

vs Tampa

vs Cleveland

vs Carolina

vs Minnesota