NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordy Nelson 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, dre said:

So, for those you who are dropping Jordy and even Aaron Jones, who is on your WW that is a better option than either of those guys?  I know it depends on league size and what not but there is absolute hot garbage on the WW in my 12 team league.  I can't fathom dropping a player like Jordy for WW fodder?  

My issue is that I don't want to drop any of the guys currently on my roster that have upside (Parker, Smith-Schuster, C. Davis, R. Woods) and may be more reliable starters than Jordy, in case I need to handle bye week issues.

This week I needed a defense as I have the Eagles on bye, and there aren't good enough replacements on the wire that I wanted to drop them and be stuck with a bad defense ROS. I ended up holding Jordy and dropping Rob Kelley for a defense. I probably should have dropped Jordy but just couldn't bring myself to do it. 

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies fellas.  Like many of you, I can't bring myself to drop Jordy either.  If Hundley would have seen Jordy wide open last week and turns that play from a sack into a TD, we might not even be having this conversation.  But, Hundley is playing awful right now so who knows what is going to happen with Jordy.  As a Packers fan I'm hoping that the more practice reps and game experience he gets, the better Hundley will play.  But, who knows if that will happen.  I'm currently 3-6 and actually got Jordy in a trade AFTER Rodgers got injured.  So, my opinion of Jordy might be a bit bullish.  

31 minutes ago, dre said:

Thanks for the replies fellas.  Like many of you, I can't bring myself to drop Jordy either.  If Hundley would have seen Jordy wide open last week and turns that play from a sack into a TD, we might not even be having this conversation.  But, Hundley is playing awful right now so who knows what is going to happen with Jordy.  As a Packers fan I'm hoping that the more practice reps and game experience he gets, the better Hundley will play.  But, who knows if that will happen.  I'm currently 3-6 and actually got Jordy in a trade AFTER Rodgers got injured.  So, my opinion of Jordy might be a bit bullish.  

That was the most gimme sure fire touchdown you will ever get in the NFL, and Jordy was right in front of his eyes, literally running wide open down the seam in the middle of the field! Can't believe he missed that

36 minutes ago, the holy one said:

He got dropped in my league. With WR's being so bad this year I'm trying to scoop him up and just put him on my bench untill further notice. 

I had my finger on the drop button 2 days ago but backed off. I see no hope for Jordy unless Rodgers was to come back, but you have to wonder why they would rush Aaron back in a lost season.

26 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

I had my finger on the drop button 2 days ago but backed off. I see no hope for Jordy unless Rodgers was to come back, but you have to wonder why they would rush Aaron back in a lost season.

never know they could win enough to be a wild card team. Unlikely but those last 3 games of the season winning out could get them there. Also even though I agree Hundley is pure trash, just maybe something clicks and Jordy can be a true WR3 and get either 50 yards or 50 yards and a TD. I do think he is droppable but... I don't want to be the guy that drops him and somehow he carves a role out. I would rather wait and see 2-3 weeks and assess the situation. For now I am benching him for Mariqise Lee weekly.

It's looking like the best case scenario is that Hundley's leash is short and they put Callahan in over the next week or two and we see what he has to offer. I agree it's pretty hard to drop him at this point in the season but he is entirely unusable without some sort of undeserving blind faith in Hundley.

The impact of the Rodgers loss just makes Nelson pretty much worthless. He was on track to be a top 5 WR with the insane amount of TD's he gets with Rodgers. In the blink of an eye, he became pretty much unplayable. I know I'm not alone when I say this completely changed the trajectory of my fantasy season. Brutal.

I'm not dropping him just due to the fact the WR has been so volatile this season but it's gonna be hard to start him as anything more than a low end flex.

Edited by metalmat
On 11/12/2017 at 3:52 PM, colts18to88 said:

The impact of the Rodgers loss just makes Nelson pretty much worthless. He was on track to be a top 5 WR with the insane amount of TD's he gets with Rodgers. In the blink of an eye, he became pretty much unplayable. I know I'm not alone when I say this completely changed the trajectory of my fantasy season. Brutal.

The worst part is that he is not getting any younger, and who knows how many years he has left in the league. This could potentially have been his last useful year in the league before he slows down.

Such a great player. Nobody wants to see a guy like Jordy fall to earth.

On 11/12/2017 at 6:30 PM, metalmat said:

I'm not dropping him just due to the fact the WR has been so volatile this season but it's gonna be hard to start him as anything more than a low end flex.

He hasn't been volatile though, it was simply that he was great (for fantasy) with Rodgers at QB and is bad (for fantasy) with Hundley at QB. Someone like TY Hilton is volatile, where he has 3 games over 150 yards and 6 games under 50 yards.

That being said, I haven't dropped Jordy yet, but probably just due to name brand. I don't see it getting any better with Hundley, but Jordy's fantasy potential is higher most WW players if something clicks in the next few weeks with Hundley or if Rodgers somehow gets back by week 15/16.

2 hours ago, geosporin said:

He hasn't been volatile though, it was simply that he was great (for fantasy) with Rodgers at QB and is bad (for fantasy) with Hundley at QB. Someone like TY Hilton is volatile, where he has 3 games over 150 yards and 6 games under 50 yards.

That being said, I haven't dropped Jordy yet, but probably just due to name brand. I don't see it getting any better with Hundley, but Jordy's fantasy potential is higher most WW players if something clicks in the next few weeks with Hundley or if Rodgers somehow gets back by week 15/16.

same boat here, acquired him in a package deal. If hundley gets it together he could have some value.

2 minutes ago, DancingGnome said:

same boat here, acquired him in a package deal. If hundley gets it together he could have some value.

Wish I could wait for them to “click” hard missing on guys like woods, lee, and other WRS who’ve been getting it done. 

22 hours ago, ozark said:

Wish I could wait for them to “click” hard missing on guys like woods, lee, and other WRS who’ve been getting it done. 

I ended up holding through waivers. Anyone else feel stuck with him? 

16 hours ago, Randal Cunningham said:

He is WR 4 or 5 with Hundley. Most of his WR1 value was from a bromance with Rodgers who loved him in the redzone. Not much value with Hundley under center. His go to WR is very evident and his name is Davante Adams.

He was a deep threat with Rodgers. Hundley just needs to gain some confidence and start throwing those bombs to him. Nelson is still getting open deep.

Said rodgers was taking shotgun snaps and is looking to return week 15....Right in time for playoffs. Just snagged Jordy  off waivers and will bench him til then. Easy top 10 wr with whiny rodgers under center. Be nice if i make the playoffs and can get 80 yards and a couple scores from him.