NBC Sports Edge Forums

Doug Baldwin 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doug Baldwin (groin) is active for Week 4 against the Colts.
Baldwin only got in a limited practice this week, but showed enough in pre-game warmups to be cleared. It's an upgrade for the Seahawks and Russell Wilson. Baldwin will start but his snaps could be scaled back at less than 100 percent, making him a risky play despite a plus matchup. Oct 1 - 7:16 PM
10 minutes ago, CPuente57 said:

I think because I have an 18 point lead with Kareem Hunt and Jordan Reed still in tow vs Kelce..I'm just going to play it safe and go Paul Richardson

Yeah.... Unfortunately I'm in a matchup basically projecting to be close, so it seems like it makes more sense for those in similar situations to go with the higher risk/reward play. 

Would you rather have Dez or Baldwin at this point of the season?

Wilson is finally warming up and looking like his normal self while Dak has shown some serious signs of regression but their schedule opens up nicely for the next few weeks. 

Baldwin's yardage totals have not been very impressive because of the offensive's struggles (besides week 3 of course), so the TD upside with Dez seems very attractive. 

4 hours ago, SvanE42 said:

Would you rather have Dez or Baldwin at this point of the season?

Wilson is finally warming up and looking like his normal self while Dak has shown some serious signs of regression but their schedule opens up nicely for the next few weeks. 

Baldwin's yardage totals have not been very impressive because of the offensive's struggles (besides week 3 of course), so the TD upside with Dez seems very attractive. 

Dez. Baldwin is a fine WR2. Overvalued in draft but I’m fine rolling him out weekly. Dez gets TDs and saves bad games 

What do we do with this guy this week?  3 for 3 for 35 yards is not all inspiring from last week on a lingering soft tissue issue.  Now he didnt practice Wednesday and only practiced once last week.  Game script feels like a grind 'em out, low scoring type of game.  Game implied total right now is 46 points.

Im strongly considering starting Amendola or Humphries over him tonight... whatcha guys got?

26 minutes ago, jrussell4402 said:

What do we do with this guy this week?  3 for 3 for 35 yards is not all inspiring from last week on a lingering soft tissue issue.  Now he didnt practice Wednesday and only practiced once last week.  Game script feels like a grind 'em out, low scoring type of game.  Game implied total right now is 46 points.

Im strongly considering starting Amendola or Humphries over him tonight... whatcha guys got?

It was vets rest day. Not one player banged up or older practiced yesterday for the Hawks. Baldwin was also on s snap count last week and it didn’t help him they destroyed the Colts.  You fire Dougiee up and don’t look back this week. 

Everyone's hating on Martavis Bryant (a fourth to six round pick), but no one's really taking the time to note how pitiful Baldwin has been. Obviously he'll be better as the season goes on, but pretty lackluster so far. Definitely some concern here though considering how bad that offensive line has been

Just now, Mattmac0912 said:

^i think because everyone knew Bryant is boom or bust. After bell and brown and ben that offense is a crapshoot. Baldwin everyone expected to be top 10

Which makes it even more surprising how quiet it's been in here. Im sure there's lots of people, like me, regretting picking up Baldwin over Hopkins (and maybe even Hilton) at the moment 

The problem with Baldwin is that this was always a possibility. His volume has never been too high, but his efficiency has been off the charts. That is bound to regress and even a small amount of regression has a significant effect on his output. I think there was some stat saying Baldwin finished in the top 10 receiving at end of season but had 6-8 weeks outside the top 40 receivers. 

I have one share of him, but I am kicking myself for it. 

4 minutes ago, Mattmac0912 said:

I'm tempted to say Baldwin is gonna be a real factor after the bye. He's been banged up 

That's what I've been telling myself....and other people....as I try to sell him ?

I am only half kidding. I am really on the fence about trying to sell Baldwin after the bye or holding. I think the groin has obviously slowed him down a bit the last couple weeks, hindering his production, but I think the bye is coming at the perfect time for him to get some rest and move past it all together. Russel Wilson, and the Seahawks as a whole, are also notorious for starting slow every season, but they always manage to get going. One more reason I like Seattle passing game after the bye, is obviously the lack of a real RB right now. I don't really see anyone emerging from that backfield either, which boosts all SEA receivers IMO. 

The one reason I am really considering selling this guy is that boom or bust label that he has taken on over the years. He always finishes with good numbers at the end of the season, but I just wish he could spread it out a little more. I've always been one to value consistency heavily in FF, and for that reason alone I am leaning towards selling. Taking his injury into account, his overall numbers don't look bad so far. Also considering the fact that his bye will be out of the way after this week, I still think he has plenty of value on the market right now. I'm not giving him away, that's for damn sure, but I am personally willing to sell at around .80 on the dollar if I can get something a little more consistent in return.