NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You let him extend his arms bad things (for pitchers) will happen.  His plate coverage is fantastic.  I feel like the only way to get him out consistently will be to change speeds effectively and jam him in.  

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

just a Triple!!!!!!

HIT THE WEIGHT ROOM KID

Didn't see the at bat, was the hit to center close to leaving the park?? 

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

Didn't see the at bat, was the hit to center close to leaving the park?? 

yea...off the bottom of the ivy ish....

i feel like on a warm day it would have been gone...its like 40 degrees at wrigley

Edited by jfazz23
6 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Does anyone have a link to Judges triple?? 

You can find almost any extra base hit on mlb.com. It hit off the bottom of the wall in center, might have slightly short hopped it, not sure it was in that bottom of the wall area. Wasn't close to going out, but was crushed.

Just checked, I guess, ESPN will have it at some point. No MLB vids, must be a broadcast thing.

Edited by Light Tower Power
7 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Not in the lineup tonight. God only knows why. 

probably got hurt in the long cold game last night. i believe he was lifted early. thanks chappie

Nah, he was lifted as the last out for Chapman to come in and close it. 

Guy only played 9 yesterday and everyone else went 18.

Probably just sitting on normal rotation and Girardi doesn't want to mess with it. 

There's been a ton of built in off days so far and there's a looming off day on Wednesday. He's 25 years old and by far the best hitter on the team right now. He also played 7 innings last night while Ellsbury and Hicks played 18. Just seems a bit unnecessary.  

30 minutes ago, absknicks said:

There's been a ton of built in off days so far and there's a looming off day on Wednesday. He's 25 years old and by far the best hitter on the team right now. He also played 7 innings last night while Ellsbury and Hicks played 18. Just seems a bit unnecessary.  

Agreed. Definitely an odd decision to rest the young guy who only played 7 innings last night while others who played 18 innings are in the lineup. Not to mention he is their best hitter and makes that lineup so dangerous.

5 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

http://nypost.com/2017/05/07/why-yankees-aaron-judge-has-been-heavily-icing-his-knees/

I'm actually okay with giving him a day. Keep our best hitter fresh. 

This actually makes me wonder. A guy with a frame like this, will it be harder to sustain health over the long MLB season?

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

This actually makes me wonder. A guy with a frame like this, will it be harder to sustain health over the long MLB season?

I think it's a plausible concern given he's such a massive individual. He plays hard too so it's gotta wear on the guy. He's had a few diving catches where he ended up falling on his knees and ended up in the stands at Boston. I'd rather Girardi play it safe. 

14 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

I think it's a plausible concern given he's such a massive individual. He plays hard too so it's gotta wear on the guy. He's had a few diving catches where he ended up falling on his knees and ended up in the stands at Boston. I'd rather Girardi play it safe. 

I meannnnn, hypothetically speaking IF he was a human being. ;)