NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

LOL you guys are being way too paranoid. Hicks, Gardner, and Ellsbury are all playing really well right now, and since the Yankees are playing in an NL park they can't play all four guys. Hicks and Gardner are red hot, while Ellsbury missed some time recently so Girardi's probably trying to get him more consistent playing time and keep him sharp. There's nothing to be concerned about here.

Edited by ReyesMurphyWright
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would actually be buying him right now. He was bound to slump sooner or later. Plate approach still looking very good.

And by slump, we mean he hasn't hit a HR in 4 games lol

Edited by DannyMcPot
15 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

props to anyone who sold high on him

It's been five games without a HR.  FIVE games. haha  And only one of those games without a hit.  I feel like the sell high ppl on Judge are the same ones who said sell high on Thames.  The problem with selling high is when that player actually stays high.  The skill comes from being able to tell the difference.  Everyone goes through some slumps, and Judge isn't even slumping.  Time will tell, but I think Judge and Thames are gonna still be crushing it well into the summer.

Ya know, I read some of the stuff in here, the Thames thread, the Mookie thread, the Bregman thread, last year's Votto thread etc. and I really question if some of ya all are actually baseball fans to any real degree.

It only takes a modicum of interest and intelligence to understand its a game of hot and cold. For every player, every season. 

On 5/11/2017 at 8:37 PM, summersoff7 said:

props to anyone who sold high on him

haha, i remember you from the 2014 trout thread. "carlos gomez is the far superior player", "trade trout for gomez in keeper"

Anyway, big boy has the only xbh, mcCullers put it on the yankees pretty well

3 hours ago, Stubudd said:

haha, i remember you from the 2014 trout thread. "carlos gomez is the far superior player", "trade trout for gomez in keeper"

Back when Judge was in his late-April/early-May home run binge, he was saying he was the best power hitter in the game and he'd hit 50-60 dongs.  This guy's an extremely reactionary poster even among a forum that, let's face it, is filled with reactionary posters.  I think anyone who has watched Judge even a couple times and/or has dug deeper into his numbers will tell you he's probably the real deal.

12 hours ago, Stubudd said:

i never said nor entered any thread like that whatsoever.

Actually i bet it will cost us a start. He was preventively "icing his knees" the other day, i doubt he'll play two games in a row. I don't watch the team so i don't know how they work the lineup and DH spot but i won't be surprised if we lost a start. 

5 minutes ago, Stubudd said:

Actually i bet it will cost us a start. He was preventively "icing his knees" the other day, i doubt he'll play two games in a row. I don't watch the team so i don't know how they work the lineup and DH spot but i won't be surprised if we lost a start. 

They could always dh him in one of the games tomorrow.  

4 minutes ago, chud12 said:

They could always dh him in one of the games tomorrow.  

Hopefully, like i said i don't know how they do it, what they do with holliday etc. Looks like they've DH'd him once this year. Hopefully tomorrow makes two

2 hours ago, summersoff7 said:

i never said nor entered any thread like that whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Stubudd said:

Lol

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/379166-mike-trout-2014-outlook/?page=50

have a good day bud

Rained out today, early. No Judge. Doubleheader tomorrow, hope this doesn't cost him a start

LMAO. Sad.

We all make bad calls.

Ya gotta own em when it happens and learn from it if possible. 

Just don't be the one making the mistake about Judge. He's a legit young talent that's going to produce in the middle of a pretty good lineup for a long time. 

7 hours ago, Stubudd said:

Lol

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/379166-mike-trout-2014-outlook/?page=50

have a good day bud

Rained out today, early. No Judge. Doubleheader tomorrow, hope this doesn't cost him a start

lol I was clearly drinking that day which is why I had no idea I said that.  a little hint of sarcasm too, come on now.  Too obvious.