NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

Homerj24

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, sjs1890 said:

Pitchers need to start walking this guy every time or start throwing at him lol hes just too good.

I'd like to see someone with the stones to throw at him. I'm totally ok with a three game suspension if we get to see Judge Hulk-smash some idiot pitcher who thinks he got shown up. 

56 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

I'd like to see someone with the stones to throw at him. I'm totally ok with a three game suspension if we get to see Judge Hulk-smash some idiot pitcher who thinks he got shown up. 

Andriese threw at him in retaliation for Layne hitting Dickerson earlier this year when they were in Tampa. He didn't even seem to feel it. Just put his head down and took first base. 

3 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

Interesting is the line above it, these pros, suck

also some of them picked Trout and Betts for MVP over him

That's some awful picking but show me one owner who spent more than a flier on Judge in March. I would go out on a limb and say that he probably went undrafted in most leagues. Baseball makes no sense sometimes, Fantasy even less. It's maddening, but we love it.

Was it just me, or when he had that last at bat (where he hit the 2nd homer) it was almost as if he was just waiting for 2 strikes to be on him before he started swinging his bat.  I know it was a huge lead, but from watching the the at bat, it was almost like he was not going to swing til that 2nd strike was on him....again, I could have been looking too far into the at bat.

1 hour ago, crazybob60 said:

Was it just me, or when he had that last at bat (where he hit the 2nd homer) it was almost as if he was just waiting for 2 strikes to be on him before he started swinging his bat.  I know it was a huge lead, but from watching the the at bat, it was almost like he was not going to swing til that 2nd strike was on him....again, I could have been looking too far into the at bat.

I've seen him bat a lot and I think sometimes he purposely lays off pitches he knows he can't really drive that well like low and away even if it means an early strike will be called. I think it's a smart move. This theory is confirmed by the following zone profiles:

Lowest ISO is in low and away.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/h_profile.php?player=592450&gFilt=&pFilt=FA|SI|FC|CU|SL|CS|KN|CH|FS|SB&time=month&minmax=ci&var=iso&s_type=13&startDate=01/01/2017&endDate=01/01/2018&balls=-1&strikes=-1&b_hand=-1

Lowest Swing Rate is low and away.

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/h_profile.php?player=592450&gFilt=&pFilt=FA|SI|FC|CU|SL|CS|KN|CH|FS|SB&time=month&minmax=ci&var=swing&s_type=13&startDate=01/01/2017&endDate=01/01/2018&balls=-1&strikes=-1&b_hand=-1

I don't think I could even entertain trading Judge as an owner. Considering I got him for free off the wire week 1 of the season, its just been 2 damn fun of a ride. I think most owners would also agree that trading Judge hasn't even crossed there minds.. 

52 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I don't think I could even entertain trading Judge as an owner. Considering I got him for free off the wire week 1 of the season, its just been 2 damn fun of a ride. I think most owners would also agree that trading Judge hasn't even crossed there minds.. 

thats what i figured was just wondering if anyone was able to pull a trade off somehow

I don't believe you could get Judge for anything less than the elite of elites. Trout, Harper, Goldy, Kershaw, etc. would be a must. The time to buy has come and gone. Although, I sold Kershaw for him in a dynasty last month when the consensus opinion was "that's a horrible trade". I've received a few apologies about it yesterday lol 

Mr clutch. Breaks 3-3 tie in 8th inning with 438 foot 2-run bomb to right center off closer Bud Norris. Chants of MVP in Anaheim. Before that it sounded like the fans wanted a curtain call.

Edited by lassetjus

Just now, scoh123 said:

Because of a stupid manager named Scioscia. Who doesn't walk the guy with first open????

Holliday is yanks best hitter with RISP, plus their most clutch.  I wouldn't have walked him, either