NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

On 6/16/2017 at 11:55 AM, Stickfig13 said:

I don't care if he doesn't get another hit the rest of the year. We know the slowdown is coming, but we paid nothing for what he's done so far.

Haha. Take it from a guy who turned down one too many solid offers for Joc. It will keep you up at night if the well really runs dry.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, absknicks said:
  1. No bump for his 25th (really 26th) bomb? And a 3-run shot at that. We've been spoiled.

What's left to say?  This guy isn't human.  He's judge, jury, and executioner against all pitching right now.

1 hour ago, absknicks said:
  1. No bump for his 25th (really 26th) bomb? And a 3-run shot at that. We've been spoiled.

The verdict is in: Judge is a beast. It is expected at this point. 

I do find it amusing given that early in the year many people were saying Judge would be lucky to hit 30 HR. He may be there by mid-July!

This is what makes him Batman to Superman (Trout)...he never slumps. 2nd best player in the game by far ( if trout comes back gimpy, Judge will #1 overall next year )

5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This is what makes him Batman to Superman (Trout)...he never slumps. 2nd best player in the game by far ( if trout comes back gimpy, Judge will #1 overall next year )

I wouldn't count him #1 just yet. Lots of baseball to be played and Bellinger is knocking on the door as well.

I've noticed he's been more aggressive lately. Not sure if he's changing his approach or if he's pressing a bit because the Yanks are nose diving. Could mean more home runs but his average will start to drop rather quickly as those Ks rack up. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

3 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

I've noticed he's been more aggressive lately. Not sure if he's changing his approach or if he's pressing a bit because the Yanks are nose diving. Could mean more home runs but his average will start to drop rather quickly as those Ks rack up. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. 

Yankees are losing, so he is trying to be a 1 man team. Cant blame him.

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

I suspect this as well. I could also see him passing up on the Derby if they keep losing.

If he keeps his approach as he has all year, it will be very difficult for him to slump for an extended period. He's only gone 6 games without a homer all year. He very well could be a .320 hitter. 

I'll say he reaches .300/50/10 this year barring injury. Or aka one of the greatest rookie seasons of all time. What an amazing player. 

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Wat

Or maybe pitchers are adjusting a bit to him? Or maybe hes just not quite as white hot as he was a couple weeks ago? Lol at trying to get inside his head

3 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Or maybe pitchers are adjusting a bit to him? Or maybe hes just not quite as white hot as he was a couple weeks ago? Lol at trying to get inside his head

I don't think anyone's saying he's not hitting well, I just noticed he's swinging at more pitches on the outside corner lately where as he wouldn't even flinch at those before the Oakland series. I don't really see any big adjustments from pitchers to him. The majority just stay low and away on him. 

I'm a bit concerned about the Ks lately. Really hope he can get that K% back in the 27-28% range. It's at 30% for the first time all season. He's still a rookie in his first MLB season so not a big concern over the long haul but just something as a Yankees fan and huge Judge fanboy that I'd like to see in the short term. 

I kick myself every day for not wanting to draft him due to his poor 2016 coupled with not being named the starter when I had my draft. Took Longoria with my first pick instead of McCullers too.  Just an all around stupid draft from me this year. 

4 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

most noteworthy is that pujols has 51 RBI

Until you realize he has hit with the most runners on base this season and its by a pretty large margin..