NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

7 hours ago, absknicks said:

This guy is MURDERING the baseball right now. 

He has 3 of the 4 hardest hit balls by Yankees since 2015... in the last week. And that's before I've even checked on the bomb he just crushed into Monument Park. 

This guy is mashing the ball. Opposing pitchers are going to Dredd facing him this year. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/13/2017 at 2:42 PM, Minnesota_Jack said:

This guy has 5 of the top 13 exit velocities so far. 

The only rival of Stanton for exit velocities.

If Judge can figure out the contact he is going to be a beast. His SwStr Rate is down to 12.7% from 18% last year and I believe SwStr Rate stablizes pretty fast.

While that is a huge improvement, a 12.7% swinging strike rate for a pitcher would make you top 6 in the game so he has a long way to go in that context.  Only 20 hitters did worse than 12.7% last year...  but then again a lot of them are the game's elite power producers.

1 minute ago, Phina11y said:

Wow another bomb. 2/3 tonight HR 3RBI. Kid is locked in. Rookie of the year will be between him and Haniger. 35 bombs is entirely possible.

Excited for this kid. 

Has he made any adjustments to his swing this year? It doesn't seem as hole-y as they say it is. He obviously won't keep this pace up, but so far his plate discipline has improved so hopefully that helps him avoid the type of slumps he went through last year.

3 minutes ago, CFN said:

Excited for this kid. 

Has he made any adjustments to his swing this year? It doesn't seem as hole-y as they say it is. He obviously won't keep this pace up, but so far his plate discipline has improved so hopefully that helps him avoid the type of slumps he went through last year.

he appears TOO patient at the plate if you ask me.

3 hours ago, CFN said:

Excited for this kid. 

He actually has a pretty short to-the-ball swing which is uncommon for big guys. I don't think his swing has holes as much as he's just been prone to chasing breaking stuff in the dirt (especially in those 80 ABs last year). 

Thank God I was able to pick this guy up.  He has basically 1st-2nd round power.

That was a mammoth shot.  and what makes it even sweeter was that it was a breaking ball.  Pitchers have been trying to get him out on off speed/breaking stuff but he's mashing those too now.

SOMEBODY GET THAT DAMN BANDERAS GIF!

What a WAPNER!