NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

27 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Bellinger?

Judge literally hit almost double the amount of homers Bellinger did and also had taken more batting practice going into another round... Think not too long ago Fraizer's derby win ... monster first half complete trash second half 

Edited by bdawkins456
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, absknicks said:

I actually agree with you that he stands too far off the plate. He should consider moving a bit closer or if he's not comfortable with that he may need to try closing his stance a bit. He simply can't reach the outside corner unless he dives when the pitch is released right now. 

From a guy sitting on his couch to a guy who hits 500 ft HR. Nope 

He didn't need to move up when he was bashing .330. He's waving at those pitches because he's taking balls right down the middle. Anything in the zone, he's either taking or fouling off. I'd like to see him get a few days off but it's not gonna happen. 

7 hours ago, Stickfig13 said:

From a guy sitting on his couch to a guy who hits 500 ft HR. Nope 

So what's the point of posting/reading these forums then? I've watched far more ABs of his than you, I guarantee you that. But keep dismissing the opinion of people who clearly know more than you about the subject. 

2 minutes ago, HalfManHalfAmazing said:

Where is he going in the first round next year?

5th to 10th pick?

Maybe to a Yankees homer.  Most non-NYY fans are going to have him on their "do-not-draft-list."  I don't think he's as bad as his 2nd half has gone but I also don't think he'll ever touch what he did in the first half, again.

47 minutes ago, MJDrocks said:

Maybe to a Yankees homer.  Most non-NYY fans are going to have him on their "do-not-draft-list."  I don't think he's as bad as his 2nd half has gone but I also don't think he'll ever touch what he did in the first half, again.

I second ☝? His first half .428 BABIP drove those #s and we all know .290 to .310 is MLB average....hence this is the real judge now 

55 minutes ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

I second ☝? His first half .428 BABIP drove those #s and we all know .290 to .310 is MLB average....hence this is the real judge now 

Since the all star break judge's babip is 217, how exactly is this the real judge any more than the 428 wasn't?

1 hour ago, MJDrocks said:

I'm a non-Yankee fan and non-owner. I think we need to consider a few things. 

1) Let's see how the season ends. Maybe he'll adjust. Still some baseball to play. 

2) Gotta remember the back end of the 1st round has been full of disappointments (Machado, Rizzo, Donaldson, Miggy) and someone will fill those spots.

Trout

Altuve

Goldy

Mookie

Trea Turner

Arenado

Kershaw

Then maybe Blackmon & Votto?

But after those 9 (sorry if I'm missing someone obvious), gotta think Judge will be in the conversation. Some bounce back candidates and some "can they repeat?"-

Stanton

Machado

KBryant

Bellinger

Freeman 

Right? So very possible back end of 1st/early 2nd?

4 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I'm a non-Yankee fan and non-owner. I think we need to consider a few things. 

1) Let's see how the season ends. Maybe he'll adjust. Still some baseball to play. 

2) Gotta remember the back end of the 1st round has been full of disappointments (Machado, Rizzo, Donaldson, Miggy) and someone will fill those spots.

Trout

Altuve

Goldy

Mookie

Trea Turner

Arenado

Kershaw

Then maybe Blackmon & Votto?

But after those 9 (sorry if I'm missing someone obvious), gotta think Judge will be in the conversation. Some bounce back candidates and some "can they repeat?"-

Stanton

Machado

KBryant

Bellinger

Freeman 

Right? So very possible back end of 1st/early 2nd?

You missed Harper (unless I cant read) Only guys I would take Judge over is Machado and Bellinger.

Edited by Evincar

Many of those players are disappointments but they all have one thing In common.

They have a proven track record ,Something  Judge doesn't have  So I'm more  likely to go after one of them before taking a gamble on 

Judge . But that's me 

16 hours ago, absknicks said:

So what's the point of posting/reading these forums then? I've watched far more ABs of his than you, I guarantee you that. But keep dismissing the opinion of people who clearly know more than you about the subject. 

Youre missing the point. You're giving hitting advice to a professional baseball player. That's an opinion you're entitled to, but it's pretty silly. 

2 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

got any statistics to back up that track record claim?

Track record r u serious ?? Im not the type to post claims w/o doing research ... His AAA #s BABIP = .304 (we agree this is around MLB avg ???) if so - that equates to a .337 OBP and .431 SLG over 2 full AAA seasons.....I won't even address his last year call up as "we" all know what happened -- and "we" are seeing it again...he's a below avg hitter and his first half was due to chance not by his pure hitting ability!! there you go - Are those stats sufficient? Please counter if u wish 

1 minute ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Track record r u serious ?? Im not the type to post claims w/o doing research ... His AAA #s BABIP = .304 (we agree this is around MLB avg ???) if so - that equates to a .337 OBP and .431 SLG over 2 full AAA seasons.....I won't even address his last year call up as "we" all know what happened -- and "we" are seeing it again...he's a below avg hitter and his first half was due to chance not by his pure hitting ability!! there you go - Are those stats sufficient? Please counter if u wish 

Or you know he is tired. He came up late last season and was abysmal cause he had nothing left after a long season in the minors. Same story this year 

14 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Or you know he is tired. He came up late last season and was abysmal cause he had nothing left after a long season in the minors. Same story this year 

#s don't lie and he's not a Goldy or Votto type hitter so his BABIP (history = track record) will not sustain anything remotely close to elite or relevant to his 1st half this year....I'm just happy I got enjoy that ride and I'm also extremely happy I found a buyer before my league trade deadline 

History and track record of basically 1 year? Damn thats a lot of history. Dude, I also found a buyer, but I don't pound my chest and proclaim myself the messiah after trading him. You let him go, enough negative statements