NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

9 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

History and track record of basically 1 year? Damn thats a lot of history. Dude, I also found a buyer, but I don't pound my chest and proclaim myself the messiah after trading him. You let him go, enough negative statements 

You wanna get into stats and won't negate them ~ go ahead.... but when I support it with 2 full AAA seasons , counting stats (that can be measured) such as BABIP, OBP and SLG - don't try and Minimize my assessment (especially with the 1 year toke ☝?) -- and being negative??? Come on grow some....I'm being an honest assessor ✌?#Adam Dunn 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol you say Adam Dunn like it's a terrible insult. Dunn was a beast in his prime. Who cares how many times he strikes out? He's batting .280 with 35 bombs as a rookie.

You want to cite MINOR league numbers as iron-clad "track record"??? Lmao 

56 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Wow, aren't you special, you observed that I put Brooklyn in my location. Seriously dude, keep spewing your nonsense, its very entertaining 

Obersvation - nope....it's called Statistical analysis (you should Wikipedia it sometime....no opinions just most likely outcomes based on facts using an objective "not subject" interference) ... maybe past you schooling ?

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

If he strikes out tomorrow he will tie the MLB record for most games in a row with a K. 

DeGrom's on the mound tomorrow so I'll already consider it done - my bet tho - he gets benched a few games before tying that record; especially if he goes Hit less tonight ✅

One of my favorite broadcasters in all of MLB is Keith Hernandez. I was interested in watching the Mets broadcast yesterday to hear his thoughts on Judge/Sanchez/and a few other Yankees and was pleasantly surprised to find out he's a huge fan of Judge. Usually Keith is pretty down on the high K% guys but he was raving about Judge, said he loved his swing, that his swing was better than Stanton's and that he'll be a great player for a long time. He said the recent uptick in K's was, in his opinion, mostly a timing thing and not indicative of a big issue with his approach/swing, etc. So take that FWIW, but Keith's one of the best analysts around, IMO. 

I still think Judge is just pressing hardcore which threw off his mechanics hence his timing as well.  Being called the face of baseball by the commish after the hr derby didn't help one iota.  

On 8/13/2017 at 7:20 PM, Silverdome_Loyal said:

I second ☝? His first half .428 BABIP drove those #s and we all know .290 to .310 is MLB average....hence this is the real judge now 

On 8/13/2017 at 8:17 PM, osb_tensor said:

Since the all star break judge's babip is 217, how exactly is this the real judge any more than the 428 wasn't?

On 8/13/2017 at 8:45 PM, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Track record and look at his call up last year = real judge (hope people sold em , my guess you did not ?)

21 hours ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Track record r u serious ?? Im not the type to post claims w/o doing research ... His AAA #s BABIP = .304 (we agree this is around MLB avg ???) if so - that equates to a .337 OBP and .431 SLG over 2 full AAA seasons.....I won't even address his last year call up as "we" all know what happened -- and "we" are seeing it again...he's a below avg hitter and his first half was due to chance not by his pure hitting ability!! there you go - Are those stats sufficient? Please counter if u wish 

across four minor league levels (in three seasons, 1500 PA) judge has a BABIP of ~.348

after approx 580 major league PA he has a BABIP of ~.367

i think you've confused yourself somewhere along the way. i asked for statistics to back up your claim that judge's current BABIP  of ~.217 is the "real judge", and you provided absolutely nothing to support your claim. so no, your post and/or stats are not sufficient to support your statement. please try again.

6 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

across four minor league levels (in three seasons, 1500 PA) judge has a BABIP of ~.348

after approx 580 major league PA he has a BABIP of ~.367

i think you've confused yourself somewhere along the way. i asked for statistics to back up your claim that judge's current BABIP  of ~.217 is the "real judge", and you provided absolutely nothing to support your claim. so no, your post and/or stats are not sufficient to support your statement. please try again.

I'm not going into Rookie ball as that's irrelevant...so AAA first year .289, AAA year two .319 .... guess your not a math major but to use statistical analysis one adds two subjective measures / x (# of subjectives) = analysis of a .304 BABIP (if I count AA it's .317..... so yes it does support my claim.... #waiting 4 your rebuttal 

25 minutes ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

I'm not going into Rookie ball as that's irrelevant...so AAA first year .289, AAA year two .319 .... guess your not a math major but to use statistical analysis one adds two subjective measures / x (# of subjectives) = analysis of a .304 BABIP (if I count AA it's .317..... so yes it does support my claim.... #waiting 4 your rebuttal 

i'm *still* awaiting something that validates him as a sustained .217 BABIP major league player. you can hashtag and emoji your posts all day long, it doesn't provide any actual data to your claim. at this point, i suspect i'm being purposely trolled. unless there's a credible response in the next post, i'm going to exit this conversation.

49 minutes ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

Once last toke 4 ya osb_tensor - Way to pad "your stat analysis" considering Judge was a 22 y.o. In A ball playing against a bunch of 18/19 year olds....cause that's relevant - right ?great assessment not flawed #get-some ?

Ouch