NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Judge 2017 Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/3/2017 at 3:51 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

The worst thing Judge has going for him probably is that he plays for the Yankees.

The media and fans built him up way too early -- and now that are tearing him down and in panic mode after a slump that, let's be honest, hasn't even really been that long.

I'm in NY.   You are wrong.   ESPN has built him up.   NY media doesnt matter much anymore

19 hours ago, chud12 said:

He was slumping hard before the derby for about 2 weeks.  

Making stuff up?    Derby meant nothing, but the slump started right after break.     He was, as per usual 2 weeks prior and up to.    

Please don't make stuff up, some will believe the lies

Finally experiences his first slump and the usual suspects come in here decrying its all over. Walks today are a great sign, he's showed elite plate discipline for too long for it to be a fluke. 

Despite the slump, this guy's line is insane. And he's still learning. One of the best rookie campaigns I can remember. 

1 hour ago, rich22 said:

Making stuff up?    Derby meant nothing, but the slump started right after break.     He was, as per usual 2 weeks prior and up to.    

Please don't make stuff up, some will believe the lies

Um, I did actually admit I was dead wrong regarding the "slump" pre break in a post this mourning but the one problem is it was deleted for some odd reason. 

Edited by chud12
On 9/3/2017 at 2:51 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

The worst thing Judge has going for him probably is that he plays for the Yankees.

The media and fans built him up way too early -- and now that are tearing him down and in panic mode after a slump that, let's be honest, hasn't even really been that long.

or the best thing.  He rises to the occasion, no pun.  He just needed to get his timing and his hands back.

HOLY SHHHHHH!!!!!  Did you guys see that last at bat?  He swung through two perfect pitches down the middle of the plate and then the 3rd go by for called strike 3. He's free falling and looks like the worst hitter in baseball, and really deserves to be on my bench, why can't I put him there, though?  This is a 2nd half from hell.  dude is shook.